Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Gluing Rear Door-Leatherette inserts

1. Member
      Vehicles
      2006 Volkswagen Passat
      04-30-2012 09:42 PM #1
      So I bought my car in October of 2011, an 06 with 27k miles. With that mileage, it can be assumed and actually was confirmed that it was owned by an elderly gentleman who traded up to the B7. With that said, the rear seats were NEVER sat it, and, I suppose over time, the rear door inserts (leatherette) have come unglued. I tried peeling them off and regluing but they didn't hold, anyone fixed this or know of a remedy? Do I have to take the doors all the way off to line it all up again?
      2006 Passat FSI 2.0T |Forge DV Spacer|Lowered on DG Springs|Electric Exhaust Cutout|Podi Stepper Boost Gauge|19" Gianelle Wheels|10" Kicker sub in custom box| iPad Mini Dash installed as headunit|5% Tint on sides, 30% on back window|Carbon fiber mirrors|Votex Roof Rack|Resonator Delete w/ Magnaflow tips|Colormatched Badgeless grill|OEM Audi S6 LED DRLs|Lip spoiler|Ceramic Brake Pads|Morimoto HIDs

2. Member
      Vehicles
      2006 Volkswagen Passat
      05-01-2012 10:00 PM #2
      Bump..am I really the only one with this problem?
      2006 Passat FSI 2.0T |Forge DV Spacer|Lowered on DG Springs|Electric Exhaust Cutout|Podi Stepper Boost Gauge|19" Gianelle Wheels|10" Kicker sub in custom box| iPad Mini Dash installed as headunit|5% Tint on sides, 30% on back window|Carbon fiber mirrors|Votex Roof Rack|Resonator Delete w/ Magnaflow tips|Colormatched Badgeless grill|OEM Audi S6 LED DRLs|Lip spoiler|Ceramic Brake Pads|Morimoto HIDs

Vehicles
      '07 B6 Passat
      05-01-2012 11:01 PM #3
      Quote Originally Posted by Juniorfeel View Post
      Bump..am I really the only one with this problem?
      first post I've ever seen about it
      2007 Candy White/Black Passat 2.0T Wolfsburg Edition| APR Stage 2+ | APR HPFP | Forge WINtake | S3 Intercooler | B&B 3" Turbo-Back Exhaust | Dogbone Insert | FK Silverline+ Coilovers | Front Lip Spoiler/Hi-Def Sideskirts | Votex Trunk Lip Spoiler | R-Line Fog Grilles | Clear Corners | HID Kit - low beams & fogs | RCD-510 | Podi Boost gauge | R-Line Pedals | GTI Steering Wheel |

4. Member
      Vehicles
      2006 Volkswagen Passat
      05-01-2012 11:14 PM #4
      Quote Originally Posted by B6 Passat View Post
      first post I've ever seen about it
      Hmm...I guess this could turn into a DIY then...I'll take some pictures in the next few days to show exactly what I'm talking about...maybe I'll redo all of the leather inserts in a suede/alcantara...could look nice. So far everything I've run into, someone else has heard of before haha. First time for everything I guess.

5. Member
      Vehicles
      2006 Volkswagen Passat
      05-01-2012 11:23 PM #5

The leatherish section in the picture above is where I'm having the problem, just for those who may not know what the hell I'm talking about. I've looked at several other Passat's on eBay and didn't see any sort of the stuff I'm seeing in my car. I guess it could have been the FL sun and the lack of tint when I got the car....

Vehicles
      2012 B7 Passat, 2005 GLI
      05-02-2012 01:13 AM #6
      3m super 90 from Home Depot should do the trick

Vehicles
      2006 FSI 2.0t Passat
      05-02-2012 03:36 PM #7
      I have a air bubble in mine. I cant find a website that sells the rear right grey lether thing

8. Member
      Vehicles
      2006 Volkswagen Passat
      05-02-2012 04:07 PM #8
      Quote Originally Posted by VAGwhore View Post
      3m super 90 from Home Depot should do the trick
      I have it, and tried to re-glue but it seems it doesn't want to re-strech/contour to the seat.