Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: head gasket diy anyone?

1. n00b
      Vehicles
      2000 audi s4
      05-01-2012 12:53 AM #1
      I am looking for a DIY on a 2000 Audi s4 one of my head gaskets are leaking badly and I'm looking to replace both of them myself with a little help from someone! Anything you have helps, thanks

2. Member
      Vehicles
      B5 S4, MK1 Rabbit
      05-01-2012 02:13 AM #2
      Quote Originally Posted by audis42000 View Post
      I am looking for a DIY on a 2000 Audi s4 one of my head gaskets are leaking badly and I'm looking to replace both of them myself with a little help from someone! Anything you have helps, thanks
      Do you mean your valve cover gaskets? Those are much more common to leak on an S4...
      '01.5 Silver B5 S4 - Follow my build thread here: http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...4-Build-Thread

3. n00b
      Vehicles
      2000 audi s4
      05-01-2012 10:42 AM #3
      I believe it is my head gasket because my antifreeze looks like coffee mixed with oil. And when I drive it constantly is spitting out dense white smoke, and when I make turns and ha e been off the gas for awhile then get on the gas after I complete the turn it shoots out a huge cloud of white smoke, enough to engulf a car. The smoke Also smells like antifreeze. And I had one of my buddies that works at Audi come over to look at it and that's what he told me it was.

4. Member
      Vehicles
      B5 S4, MK1 Rabbit
      05-01-2012 01:31 PM #4
      Quote Originally Posted by audis42000 View Post
      I believe it is my head gasket because my antifreeze looks like coffee mixed with oil. And when I drive it constantly is spitting out dense white smoke, and when I make turns and ha e been off the gas for awhile then get on the gas after I complete the turn it shoots out a huge cloud of white smoke, enough to engulf a car. The smoke Also smells like antifreeze. And I had one of my buddies that works at Audi come over to look at it and that's what he told me it was.
      Gotcha, well the best way to do it is to pull the whole motor. Its very hard to remove any of the components you need to (ex. exhaust manifolds, turbos, heads) with the motor in the car. I just did this recently... once you pull the motor it is pretty simple to replace the headgaskets.
      '01.5 Silver B5 S4 - Follow my build thread here: http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...4-Build-Thread

5. Junior Member
      05-08-2012 08:55 AM #5
      If cars had a middle name....

AUDI "pull the motor for anything" S4....