Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: MKV/MKVI Custom Stealth Subwoofer Enclosure (Spare Tire) .:{Feeler}:.

1. 05-01-2012 02:41 AM #1
      Hey guys,

Me and my buddy own 370z's and we built some custom enclosures for ourselves and they turned out pretty sweet so we built a few more and are selling them.

Since it was so popular on the Z forums, we made it for GTI's and wanted to make a feeler thread to see if anyone would be interested in these

These are made for a 10" subwoofer that replaces the spare tire and fits in that hole.
      Along with having a spot for the subwoofer, their is a separate shelf to mount your
      amplifier onto, along with a hole to feed wires through the side. We designed it with the
      correct dimensions for it to fit snug all around, so not bolting is required and it stays in
      place no matter how hard you throw your car around. The volume of the box is 0.71
      cubic inches which is ideal for most 10" subwoofers.

Also comes with a trunk piece with a precut hole some you don't have to touch your car.
      Literally, plug and play! (Note: Carpet color is not 100% color matched but will be in
      production model. Were still working on that)

Let us know! And if you're eager to get one of these before we start producing them,
      PM me and I'll fill you in.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
      Last edited by RuB_MyZZteR; 05-01-2012 at 02:45 AM.

Vehicles
      2009 GTI TSI CBFA
      05-04-2012 12:42 PM #2
      Very nice...I am a former professional installer, so I was going to do a small, custom fiberglass box. I just have no room back there LOL

3. 05-06-2012 06:17 PM #3
      Quote Originally Posted by darrinv8 View Post
      Very nice...I am a former professional installer, so I was going to do a small, custom fiberglass box. I just have no room back there LOL
      Thank you sir. Yeah, the GTI was definitely more tricky than the 370z/350z, especially because the flooring for the spare tire is raised up high for no reason. Fiberglass would help use the room better but as you already know, more money+time