Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Euro taillights for free

1. 05-01-2012 05:57 AM #1
      Hi for all who is interested,

I'm from the Netherlands and driving a 2.0 tdi 170 bhp 2008 sportback.
      In europe our taillights come wiht a amber tinted part in the taillights. Which most US A3 owners love. Here in europe most of us love the US taillights.

So this is what i suggest; a cost neutral swap eurotaillights for US taillights.

My taillights are in perfect condition.(always hand washed and when needed plastpolished). All the bulbs function aswell since im still using them.

Hope hearing from you soon.

Vehicles
      '08 Audi A3 (8P), '99 Golf MkIV, '89 Porsche 951S
      05-01-2012 08:13 AM #2
      I'll do it!

You want just the outers, -right?

I have a set ready to ship to you right here.
      Quote Originally Posted by MisterJJ View Post
      A "jump from a VW to an Audi"?!? I wouldn't call it a jump. It's more like shuffling along the sidewalk, tripping on a crack, bumping into a gorgeous blonde, walking away in a daze, and later finding out that she stole your wallet.

Vehicles
      2008/Audi/A3 2.0T
      05-01-2012 04:13 PM #3
      if you want both outers and the inners....im down to trade PM me, though mine aren't very clean, not damaged just a bit dirty
      Last edited by x SMURF x; 05-01-2012 at 04:17 PM.
      2008 Lava Grey Audi A3 2.0T FWD: Euro Spec. LED Tails | Stage 1 APR | Front Grill LED Rings | Bilstein Sport Shocks + Struts | Neuspeed Springs

Vehicles
      05-01-2012 05:06 PM #4
      I have both outers AND inners if needed, but since the inners are the same, I would have THOUGHT that only the outers need to be shipped.

Mine are in absolutely perfect shape; not dirty etc. -Can take photos this evening.
      A "jump from a VW to an Audi"?!? I wouldn't call it a jump. It's more like shuffling along the sidewalk, tripping on a crack, bumping into a gorgeous blonde, walking away in a daze, and later finding out that she stole your wallet.

Vehicles
      05-02-2012 06:53 PM #5
      Emailed photos.

All bulbs are there, they were in full working order when they were removed, so there should be no problems.

Packed and ready to ship... if the pcs look good, email me a mailing address and I'll send them off.

Keith

Vehicles
      05-02-2012 07:02 PM #6
      Pix for clix...

Last edited by VWAddict; 05-02-2012 at 07:04 PM.

7. Member
      05-02-2012 09:55 PM #7
      to save on postage, maybe only ship the part that is different. that means take the light apart and ship the lens only. If the yellow lens is separable from the rest of the lens, maybe take apart that piece and send that.

Vehicles
      05-03-2012 07:50 AM #8
      No can do. Amber (note: not yellow!) and red are integrally moulded.

The bulb-holder part may be the same (I haven't checked), but since this has no affect on the physical bulk of the shipment, that may as well be included.