VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1.6 diesel NA motor w/ac + 5speed trani f/s NH

2K views 20 replies 7 participants last post by  sicbag 
#1 ·
Name: Shawn

Motor is out of my 82 diesel L custom w/AC and 5 speed transmission

Everything diesel related and some other stuff all for sale . Full leather interior

Just pulled the 1.6l from my 82 with 131k , thought the head gasket was gone but when I pulled the head I found the gasket was in perfect condition. After cleaning up the head a little I found one of the coolant channels had deteriorated and made a opening over the gasket into the cylinder. Should be repairable but I'm just not interested, I didn't really want to do the head gasket because I have a good running 1.8 in my GTi . So I said screw in and pulled the motor Saturday .

Damage to the head

Bottom end after pulling

Cleaned up

See less See more
#2 ·
Would like to get rid of as much as possible together so just make an offer , need money to put towards getting the 1.8 in .

Here is my photo bucket with more pictures

http://m1011.photobucket.com/albums/83GTI/81 RABBIT D/?src=www

Video of it running and small shot of the interior that is also for sale .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1BhXO-u1VE&feature=youtube_gdata_player

After oil change/fuel filter , needed new belts which I did get the next day

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXMdUmYG5XU&feature=youtube_gdata_player

#8 ·
I have that bracket and all the AC stuff , looks like the guy that was going to by the motor may just sell he's car instead of fixing it . So I still have everything.

My Girl spent the beginning of the week in the hospital and I missed some work . Got to make it up at he end of he week here so please just bear with me and ill try to get some pictures of stuff this week end.

Thank you in advanced for your patients.

#10 ·
Thank you dfsanchez, my girlfriend though not my daughter thankfully both are fine and everything seems good . My back on the other.hand from those hospital fold out beds is still junk..lol

But my apologies for taking so long to get back on here.

Took some pictures of the door cards but the sun was not on my side

Driver side , couldn't get a good shot with it open

Was trying to get a picture of the wrinkles under the arm rest

With the door closed is.the only shot I could get

MasterBeavis , I do have the bracket but I know you were pretty desperate for it and I'm sorry I couldn't get back to you earlier. You probably not need it any more but if you do...

Sorry its upside down , I flipped it befor uploading but for.some reason it flipped it back.

Just some interior shots

#11 ·
I have all the AC stuff , it was empty when I removed the.lines so I'm guessing it has a leak or its just because the.car sat for 10 years ??

Everything looks real good, lines are great but if there is a leak my guess would be the compressor(radiator). Looks like the radiator may have.been bumping up against it and may have worn through. I try to remember to pull it out and get some better pictures of all the ac stuff.

I will be dropping the.diesel tank tomorrow hopefully as well as the fuel lines.

#17 ·
The ear on the alternator is broken, previous owner had it Jerry rigged with some washers . I had it working fine with some better washers and a nut after I changed the belts .

It's broken on the ear that holds the bolt to the bar on top. I'll get a picture if your still interested in it.

#18 · (Edited)
Just sold the trani , I need cash and this stuff gone. Come and get it the more you take the cheaper the price

Motor
Wire harness
A/c set up
Interior (dash / seats /door cards )

Going.to be.pulling the diesel lines out soon to swap in the gas lines. Diesel ones look decent, will know better once they are pulled.

#20 ·
The ear on the alternator is broken, previous owner had it Jerry rigged with some washers . I had it working fine with some better washers and a nut after I changed the belts .

It's broken on the ear that holds the bolt to the bar on top. I'll get a picture if your still interested in it.

^^^ as stated above it is damaged. I'm gone on vacation till the weekend I can get a picture next week if interested.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.