Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: The Hamiltons

1. 05-01-2012 01:19 PM #1
      Great video on the story of the other Hamilton.. nice insight to the family as well. Take the time and watch it, a bit long but worth it.

2. 05-01-2012 07:52 PM #2
      Wow, truly inspirational stuff here!

Gives me a new respect for the family.

Vehicles
      '89 Cabriolet, His & Hers '13 Passat SEL TDIs
      05-01-2012 08:31 PM #3
      That was DEFINITELY worth watching!

Nice find. Thanks for sharing....

Now he just needs Zanardi as his mentor and manager..

Vehicles
      2010 VW Passat B6 Wagon
      05-02-2012 01:06 PM #4
      I am glad I carved out some time to watch that! Worth every minute! Thanks for posting this one!

5. 05-02-2012 01:44 PM #5
      Glad to hear you guys enjoyed that as much as me I know in this day and age 50 minute internet vid is a big ask but if you start watching it, draws you in and you have to finish it. This year I read he has qualied .2 sec of the pole time.

Vehicles
      2010 VW Passat B6 Wagon
      05-03-2012 09:32 AM #6
      Quote Originally Posted by dubsix View Post
      Glad to hear you guys enjoyed that as much as me I know in this day and age 50 minute internet vid is a big ask but if you start watching it, draws you in and you have to finish it. This year I read he has qualied .2 sec of the pole time.
      I am really curious as to how his legs are holding up to the increased usage and how they got the car rigged for his disability. They went into a little, but not enough for me. What is interesting is that the simulation world translates pretty well into the real world for racing.

Vehicles
      2004 Audi S4, 08 Wolfy
      05-03-2012 10:34 AM #7
      Pretty cool documentary! It's amazing that Nick could drive at that level given the fact that he had been in a wheel chair on and off for so many years. What's more amazing is the fact that he would get back in the car after rolling it! I like what Lewis said about being scared of going into high speed sectors of the track that intimidate you. "You just have to go even faster that you have gone before to get over the fear".

8. Member
      Vehicles
      '04 Bugatti wagon, '85 V65 Sabre
      05-03-2012 12:08 PM #8
      Is it safe to assume that all you guys in here are Hamilton nut swingers??

J.K.
      Form is temporary; Class is permanent

9. 05-03-2012 12:47 PM #9
      Did you watch Kfz? Worth the watch, even for those that prefer swinging on a different set of nuts.

10. 05-03-2012 06:17 PM #10
      Did you watch Kfz? Worth the watch, even for those that prefer swinging on a different set of nuts.

Vehicles
      05-03-2012 09:14 PM #11
      Quote Originally Posted by kfzmeister View Post
      Is it safe to assume that all you guys in here are Hamilton nut swingers??

J.K.
      LOL....

I'd much rather read a smartaZZ comment like that from you than.....

On a side note, did you watch???

Vehicles
      00' BMW 528i
      05-04-2012 04:26 AM #12
      Am I the only one that after reading the thread title thought of the series of Sniff Petrol pics called the "The Schumachers"?

I wish my internet was faster or I would watch the vid, it will probably take all day to load.

Erik
      Build model cars? Race RC cars? Check out Central Ohio's best hobby shop

13. 05-04-2012 11:05 AM #13
      Quote Originally Posted by dubsix View Post
      OHHHHEEMMMGEEEEEE!!!

Vehicles
      heavy understeer and snap oversteer. PQ35 perfect.
      05-08-2012 06:25 PM #14
      great watch!
      function/form

15. 05-14-2012 02:18 PM #15
      Cool vid. My respect for Hammie has gone up a few notches, and now I won't be annoyed when they keep showing Nick in the pitlane.

My son has mild CP. It only affects his left side, and he has progressed tremendously, but he still has mobility issues with his left leg, and he tires very quickly during exertion. Auto racing would be very draining on someone with CP. It is tough to know that my son won't be able to play in the regular sports leagues with the other kids, especially because he really likes hockey and football.
      Quote Originally Posted by 20aeman View Post
      No, the real enthusiast vehicle would be the RX8. It combines V12 Lamborghini gas mileage with Hyundai Genesis 4cyl. performance.

Vehicles
      05-14-2012 09:14 PM #16
      Quote Originally Posted by Double-V View Post
      Cool vid. My respect for Hammie has gone up a few notches, and now I won't be annoyed when they keep showing Nick in the pitlane.

My son has mild CP. It only affects his left side, and he has progressed tremendously, but he still has mobility issues with his left leg, and he tires very quickly during exertion. Auto racing would be very draining on someone with CP. It is tough to know that my son won't be able to play in the regular sports leagues with the other kids, especially because he really likes hockey and football.
      Thanks for sharing... How old is your son? Did he watch the video too?

17. 05-18-2012 03:03 PM #17
      Quote Originally Posted by jsmyle1%... View Post
      Thanks for sharing... How old is your son? Did he watch the video too?
      He's 6 now. I haven't shown it to him yet, but I will. He is a Webber fan, though. Always wears the Mark Webber shirt I got him at the Canadian GP last year to school on GP weekend Fridays, telling his classmates that Mark Webber is gonna clean up!
      Quote Originally Posted by 20aeman View Post
      No, the real enthusiast vehicle would be the RX8. It combines V12 Lamborghini gas mileage with Hyundai Genesis 4cyl. performance.

Vehicles
      05-19-2012 02:38 PM #18
      Quote Originally Posted by Double-V View Post
      He's 6 now. I haven't shown it to him yet, but I will. He is a Webber fan, though. Always wears the Mark Webber shirt I got him at the Canadian GP last year to school on GP weekend Fridays, telling his classmates that Mark Webber is gonna clean up!
      Awesome. Let us know what he thinks of the video.... and get him a Hamilton shirt would ya?