Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: The destruction (Err...I mean build thread) of my Battle Wagon.

1. 05-01-2012 09:47 PM #1
      *Just a quick disclaimer for all the complainers this is not a restoration but a customisation of my 1988 Fox Wagon. I'm building this car for my enjoyment. *

My history with the VW Fox is quite interesting. I went from being mildly repulsed by the mundane squareness of it to totally loving it. I remember in high school there was a white Fox1 4 door and at the time I thought it was hideous (sorry guys). It was the only Fox in the whole area (3 nearest towns. Later I got into the whole VW scene and had a love for the hatch backs and econo boxes and as soon as I saw my first Fox Wagon I wanted one. I bought a 1987 Pewter colored one with the grey interior. I drove the hell out of that car(not what you are picturing I'm sure) and didn't mod it one bit. It took everything I threw at it and I loved that car. Put over 53,000 kms of abuse on her and then left it sit for 1.5 years when I went away with the military. Came home for a brief time and sold it to a fellow foxxer from the local club. As soon as I met the new owner(and his matching wagon) I knew that it was going to good hands and he is still on this forum from time to time. Also he assured me it wasn't going to be a parts car for his wagon so I was happy to hear that and sold it for half what I had originally asked.

Now at present I purchased a 1988 Wagon in Navy Blue with grey interior. It has 203,183 kms on it and I purchased it for $600 originally. There are a few minor blemishes but it is a good runner. Not that it matters really because I plan to replace almost all the mechanicals. I'm no purist though so I'll take things like the exterior and interior in my own direction as I see fit but it will not be a monstrosity by any means. I prefer a nice OEM+/Rat look mostly. Here are some pics.

By manbeast13 at 2012-04-17

(If these don't work it is because I am not good at the internetz)
      Last edited by Hardcore; 05-01-2012 at 10:12 PM.

2. 05-01-2012 09:47 PM #2
      Okay, can anyone help me with these pics please.

3. Member
      Vehicles
      1993 Volkswagen Fox 4-door, 1968 Beetle, 2012 Ford Focus SE Sport 5MT
      05-01-2012 10:05 PM #3
      Sign up for a photobucket account (it's free), upload photos from your computer (resize them if necessary). Once the photo has been uploaded and resized go to your gallery and drag the mouse over the image you want to post (but don't click the image); a menu will come up; select IMG code at the bottom of the brief list; just click on the link, which automatically copies it. Then simply paste the link into your thread here on the forum.

4. 05-01-2012 10:07 PM #4
      Those pics were supposed to be from Imageshack.us so I'm not sure if that is the problem or not. Total NOOB here when it comes to hosting and posting pics.

Edit for SUCCESS
      Last edited by Hardcore; 05-01-2012 at 10:11 PM.

Vehicles
      1989 VW Fox 2-door (sold), 1979 VW Dasher 4-door(sold), 1988 VW Fox wagon
      05-01-2012 10:14 PM #5
      just copy and paste the info out of the "HTML" box...

...good lookin' wagon. reminds me that my 2-door needs a bath soon, don't want any random rust holes starting
      Last edited by sippin.fnordies; 05-01-2012 at 11:28 PM. Reason: no need for all the pictures twice...

6. 05-01-2012 10:32 PM #6
      Thanks for the help guys. As you can see it is pretty clean. I have already grabbed a new driver's rear tail light to fix the busted one. It has a locking roof rack that came with no keys which is a shame because I'm going to cut it off now and use an Mk2 one that sits a bit higher but I am making a small basket for it. Another issue I have found is a very small rust hole under the rear driver's side window as seen here. I have already sealed it with a clear silicone but will fix it with metal before I paint the car in the distant future.

and a missing trim piece on the driver's rocker with a tiny rust patch in it's place. Passenger side isn't the best either but I'll clean them all up.

Vehicles
      88 fox wagon> b3 audi 90
      05-02-2012 03:51 AM #7
      Cant wait to see where this is going. Nice wagon. I had a similar rot spot on my quarter window, if you have access to a spare door and a welder its an easy fix.
      remember to spay or neuter your politicians