Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Looking for a cheap VW

Vehicles
      '12 500 Abarth
      05-02-2012 03:40 AM #1
      I'm looking for a cheap VW as a first car for my kid sister. It MUST be an automatic, be in decent condition, she prefers a New Beetle but any other small VW would be fine (Jetta/Golf).

We have a budget of about $5,500 so if any is selling their car or know of anyone selling one let me know.

PM me or shoot me a text (602) 432-9474

2. 05-10-2012 12:30 AM #2
      My girlfriend and I are tossing around the idea of selling our 2003 VW Passat 1.8t. It has 147k miles. Recent maintenance in the past year includes...

New Battery
      New Fuel Pump/Fuel Filter
      New Front Pads/Rotors
      Fresh Brake Fluid
      New Thermostat/Green Coolant Sensor
      New PCV/Hoses
      K&N Drop-In Filter
      Forge DV

Just this past week, I had a set of four new Michelin's mounted/balanced. I put in new KYB shocks/mounts front/rear. I also have a pair of new motor mounts ready to be installed. The guys at Lesueur can verify it's a good solid car.

There are no immediate issues with the car. My girlfriend uses it as a daily commuter from North Phoenix to Litchfield Park. She's quite fond of it, but we are considering a TDI to help save on fuel costs.

Given all of the recent maintenance in the past year, we would like to see close to $6k for it. We know its a lil higher than what KBB and NADA list. But, given all the issues high mileage VWs could have, and the fact that you would be stepping into a well-sorted vehicle rather than a ticking time bomb... it would be well worth it!

Let me know what you think, and I can forward pictures if needed.

Thanks

John