VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Hello MK2 forum

4K views 22 replies 17 participants last post by  fukeenTDI 
#1 ·
I just realized that I've been lurking and commenting on occasions for too long without proper intoduction of my car. It took me years to get back into a MK2. My first car was a 85 Golf and I never forgot the feeling.
Ok it's not a show car, but I like it and I'm gonna continue working on it.
It is a German edition Golf Moda.

When I got it:

How she sits now with a small change of hight and grille (with my mk4 back there):

I won't do major changes to this car, infact I'm gonna try and bring it back to it's originality.

What are your thoughts?

See less See more
#5 ·
Thanks all :)
From what I was told by the seller the car was imported in 2007 by some doctor that moved from Germany to Canada. Then it was sold to a Vortex member at 97000km and I got it at 130000km. He's a mechanic and used it as a daily.
The car is 95% original. I want to bring it to 99% original, preserve it and just bring it to shows. I know this is not a high value car, but I'm gonna treat it that way as much as possible.

I believe down the road in about 10yrs or so OEM parts for these cars (mk1-2s) will be hard to find and if these cars are preserved now, it will be a treat to show them in future.

#12 · (Edited)
Cheers to all. I'm glad you like it :)
The car isn't show ready, but I figure I would share it with you guys.
Constructive comments are welcome:wave:

Here's another pic of the interior:

And this is the actual steering wheel that I worked into the deal.
From my research I found that it came from a VW Polo G40

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.