Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Lease turn in swap VW for Audi

1. 05-02-2012 02:58 PM #1
      I did some searching and have not found a clear answer to this: Do you think VCI would honor the "no fee and mileage forgiveness" if the buyer wanted a brand switch from VW to Audi?

Hypothetical Scenario: Lease option ends on a VW GTI, you return it and buy/lease a new Audi A3 or TT. Does VCI give the same loyalty recognition in this case?

Vehicles
      2013 Touareg TDI
      05-08-2012 03:42 PM #2
      No. You will pay a turn in fee as well as any over mileage or excess wear and tear.

Vehicles
      2011 Volkswagen Jetta SEL Sport (m-t) but looking for a new VW!
      05-09-2012 03:11 PM #3
      Quote Originally Posted by 6mm View Post
      I did some searching and have not found a clear answer to this: Do you think VCI would honor the "no fee and mileage forgiveness" if the buyer wanted a brand switch from VW to Audi?

Hypothetical Scenario: Lease option ends on a VW GTI, you return it and buy/lease a new Audi A3 or TT. Does VCI give the same loyalty recognition in this case?

You will always pay for wear and tear, and mileage. However, the disposition fee may be waived, but you have to ask the finance manager to make that request when submitting your application. When I was selling both, my customers never had to pay when switching from one brand to the other, but the switch has to be made as soon as you turn in your VW lease.

EDIT -- This also corresponds to the security deposit, but I don't know when the last time that VW charged a security deposit was.
      So let me get this straight? Your engine is 1.8-liters, and my pop is 2?