Hahahaha. Well, mine at least..........it's "RARE"-ish.
Hello, My name is Dave Halvorsen G.S.M. at Capitol VW in San Jose. Recently we were selected to be a "Gunther Project Dealership" 1 of 10 in the U.S. to go through a massive conversion to become a VW enthusiast destination. Featuring Vintage and unique VW's on display and everything from the South Bays Largest HD TV Wall with an Unbellivable Sound System (that I,m no longer allowed to touch) to a complete redo of the facility basically were going to make it the opposite of a Car Dealership! Cant Wait. Nevertheless I want to customize a few New VW's and I'm looking for ideas, I,m thinking Beetle, CC and perhaps a Passat, in that order. Please reply back with anything you would liek to see. The best part is Its someone elses money so Lets Build the ultimates!
BTW still looking for some more uniques and classics!
The best things you guys can do to become the opposite of a typical dealership is:
1) import a scirocco (will get more people into the dealership...I know its far fetched lol)
2) sell and warrant aftermarket parts (air ride, rotiform wheels, APR/UM/C2 flashes, coils etc...similar to Winn VW)(would be sweet so see a slammed dub on the showroom floor)
3) Get a fixed up golf R on that showroom floor also...maybe slammed or on coils
4) Host more shows/gtg/bbq's there
5) have a lounge area with maybe a ping pong table or pool table (people need something to do while waiting for service on their ride)
6)Have someone greet people at the door. I noticed when I walk in there no one speaks to me unless im outside peeking into a car. The first step into making a customer feel a brand new experience is a greeting at the door
Ill add to this when I get more ideas. Need more beer.
The CC is the natural choice... but I'd love to see a Touareg!
2010 White CC 2.0T _ 13.5 JL Audio W7 w/ JL 1000.1 Slash Amp _ APR Stage 1 _ Carbonio Intake Stage 1 _ BSH Pendulum Mounts _ Disabled DRL, Seat Belt and open door chime _ auto up and down window feature from key
1983 BMW 633 csi manual
Previous Car: 2005 GMC Canyon SLE
What about one of each model and if possible have the modified next to a stock one, so people can see what can be done to each. Aftermarket parts at the dealership which will be included into the pricing of the car and be covered under a warranty. Have the staff trained on what can be done to the cars so if customers have questions, they dont have to go running around looking for someone for the answers. In the waiting area have a screen which will allow customers to know what is going on with their car and when their car is done with service. Have ties with a local car club which could host a gtg or event at the dealership.
On my 4th beer today so far:
7) Have special deals/discounts for Vortex members (LOL) Maybe some kind of card..similar to Sunnyvale VW
8) Have a day of system scans for fault codes for a cheap price
9) Have a better food choice rather than a vending machine and coffee. How about sandwiches, bagels, donuts, bottled water, granola bars etc... About the coffee; there isnt anyone there to switch it out frequently..youre better off getting a Keurig for customers so the coffee doesnt taste like its been there for hours.
10) **Lets go outside the box**.....cage dancers on mirror floors? (LMAO)
11) trade in bonuses - most people here on the Tex want to keep their cars/projects but for those that want to trade it in their car know that you can get more through a private sell. Have some kind of bonuses for the members here if they are looking to trade in their vehicle so they can be comfortable enough to know that they can go through the dealership and get a good payback on their ride.
12) How about a free piece of merchandise with service. i.e. a t-shirt or something for an oil change or other service.
Starting beer 7...
Oh and im not an alcoholic for those that are wondering LMAO..Im on vacation for 2 weeks. Engineers need breaks too lol
13) Oh yeah, you guys should do something with that entrance floor. Its missing something..like a custom VW rug or custom tiles. It would make the whole display well rounded. Every direction the customer looks in (12, 3, and 6 o clock) should have something cool. Gives that "wow" effect.
Thanks everyone, I'll keep every updated on our progress. I will get a plan together for a meet & challenge parts an service to find a way to get Mod friendly. Scirocco I'll check out the possibilities. So far we have acquired a nice 1954 Oval! Thanks!
Dave Halvorsen GSM