Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Imoldgregg's introduction/half @ss build thread

1. 05-03-2012 08:15 AM #1
      So I've owned a bunch of mark2s a few mark3s but last August I got my first cabrio and just fell in love but unfortunately i totaled it on the way to h20 so I figured I go a little older and picked this up

Wheels I picked up for it

Springs I got from volksfest that I'm still not sure I wanna put on or not anyone have pics of a cabriolet with a 35mm drop? I really want coilovers so I might just wait :/

I'll trade my wheels off for coilovers if anyone's interested thanks for looking
      Last edited by imoldgregg; 05-20-2012 at 02:38 PM.

Vehicles
      81 VW Rabbit 1.7L EN 4-speed 020 GP, 78 VW Rabbit 1.5L EH 4speed 020 GC->GP
      05-04-2012 02:43 AM #2
      looks good....

id suggest removing the rest of the trim....
      or
      fixing all the trim....

those wheels are nice

3. 05-04-2012 03:08 AM #3
      Thanks I have the rest of the trim I just have to sorce some clips to put it all back on. The wheels were in extremely rough shape when I went for them but I wasn't goin to pass the up for the price. I still have 2 more to polish then I have to order tires I'm having a really tough time deciding on what size to run. The wheels are 13x6.5, I was thinking 185/60?

4. Member
      Vehicles
      84 Rabbit Convertible, 1985 BMW 318i
      05-04-2012 11:34 AM #4
      That's a pretty decent cabby you have there! It looks pretty clean and free of rust. Should be a good project car

And for the trim clips, go to MK1 autohaus on ebay. They have all the little clips and what not.
      Here's the link to the store:http://stores.ebay.com/mk1autohaus

And for the Vogtland springs, I've seen a mix of things with lowering springs that have a drop of 35 to 40mm. I've only seen two cars (both cabbys) with Vogtland lowering springs.

And

For all I know, they are so similar, it could be the same car with different wheels haha.

But I would say the Vogtland's drop is definitely more than what they say it is. That's not a bad thing, but if you want coilovers, I would just sell the springs and go for the coils unless you like what you see in the pics. At least with coils you wont really have to worry about your car not sitting the way your want it to.

5. 05-05-2012 03:30 AM #5

I'm pretty sure that I went a little over board with this one it looks to much better than the rest I guess its time to go back over the others

6. 05-20-2012 02:34 PM #6
      A lot has changed due to the fact that my g/f was.....well not a good person and decided she liked one of my friends more then me lol so I'm back in south jersey where I'm goin to concentrate on building a bitchen car so I got some tires and threw my wheels on !