VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

First Annual 333-Ball! July 5th-7th

2K views 34 replies 14 participants last post by  Rex->R32 
#1 ·
FIRST ANNUAL 333-BALL 2012 July 5-7

What started as a road trip with some buddies, has morphed into what might be the best idea of the year. The 1st annual 333-ball 2012! An endurance rally from Boston to NYC... the long way. We will be making stops at some of the north eastern regions hot spots. Places like the Kancamangus Highway in New Hampshire, a night in the great city Montreal (they have flip top heads!), a night in Detroit the "Rock City" Michigan, through the amazing Pocono Mountains, to NYC where we have a blow out party. All because we love our cars. Yes, I said Boston->Montreal->Detroit-. NYC 3 nights, 3 days, 3 cities.

Here are the details:
150.00$per car and driver buy in. + 40.00$ per additional passenger to cover the food (To be explained later)
Registration will start PROMPTLY at 10 am July 5th at the Lars Anderson Auto Museum in Boston's Jamaica Plain Neighborhood. With a Picture perfect view of the city a good place for a photo opp. There you will pay and receive your decal, and to list of exact destinations. At 11:30 Sharp we will start staggering departures 4 cars at a time and recording you departure time. From this point it is on you to get yourself to the final party in the respective cities. There will be slight detours that will require you to take a picture to prove you were there, and to keep the routes somewhat even. Hotels and parking are on you in these cities as well, but as we get a good idea of how many cars are coming, we will look into group deals on parking and hotels. One of the 333 staff will be at each destination city to record you arrival time. Which will be tallied and tracked.

Once we start to gain participants a more detailed agenda with day 2 and 3 start times will be sent out.

The $150.00 Gets you your decal, some food at the final destination cities, and makes you eligible for a special prize to be announced at the time of registration. Trust me it will be worth it.

Side note: YOU WILL NEED A PASSPORT

There is a catch..... since we don't have a guaranteed amount of people coming, I will say that if we don't get at least 15- 20 cars involved By JUNE 1st, none of this is possible. Between what it costs to line up the restaurants, the decals, etc, it won't work with less then that. So if you are into it, any recruiting will help us all reach the necessary goal to run this thing.

So that’s the basic Idea. Just to have a good time, some good views, and some cool cars or beaters, whatevs.

This is the first time my buddy and I are putting anything like this together, so bear with us as we pull it together and excuse us if we are not as formal as other cruises. In other words, if you are a hater…well then keep it to yourself.

If you are interested in coming, PM me your basic info( name, car, number of people in the car, etc) or any questions. I have started a master list and having just launched the idea on FB today (5/2/12) we have 4 cars defiantly in. If you have any friends that aren’t on the form that are interested in coming, PM me and I will give you my email. Because this is a “pay at registration” event, if you have any doubt that you will be able to come, don’t tell me you are going to be there and not show up cuz I gota make deals with the restaurants/bars and such and it would suck not to be able to pay them.

Disclaimer: This is NOT A RACE! We, at 333, do not condone speeding, street racing or any other law breaking activity during this event. If you are doing any un-lawful maneuvers in your car while on this trip we reserve the right to make you un eligible for the donated prize and you may ask to leave the group. The organizers of the 333 ball are in no way liable for any speeding tickets, accidents, damage to cars, bodies, GF/BF relationships, BF/BF relationships, GF/GF relationships, or any other dumb stuff I am not thinking of. You will be asked to sign a disclaimer stating that you understand these rules at registration.

See less See more
#7 ·
Good times...

This is going to be lots of fun. Compared to rallies like the Gumball this is going to cost peanuts for a cool experience, all goes well.

Direct you complaints elsewhere, this is for the community and those interested, not whiners. GL Rex!

#12 ·
:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
big ups for an original idea, you dont see those around here much anymore
If i can get manage to get my passport, my car running, and around $500 expendable cash i'll do it
dont count me in just yet tho:(

#21 ·
didn't think about that, but as far as the event, no age restriction. I know i used to rent hotel rooms in montreal when i was 18-19, but that was 11-12 years ago. i guess i would call a random hotel in the 3 cities and ask what the local laws on that are.
Sleeping in the car for the good time to be had might very well be worth it. :thumbup:

#28 ·
to the 2-3 people on this thread interested in comeing please pm me the number of cars/people/confirmation you want in asap. I am puting togeather the list and just want to be lear on whats up.
Getting amped. The list is growing but still pretty shy of min. So if you all know any one interested, let me know. Think my buddy is going to roll out in his honda mini van:screwy:

#34 ·
#35 ·
thaty is a good question my friend.
I am not that bent out of shape about it. It started as and idea with 4 cars and some friends, and then one of us suggested we toss it up here (and a Subie forum) to see it we could make something out of it. at least here people said something, even if it was making fun of the idea, the subie forum had only one reply:facepalm:.
Any way it still going to happen but with less formality. I am not going to charge anyone to come because i am not going to line and dinners or parties up. You will just have to fend for your self when you get to the cities (which after dinner and such i bet will be more expensive then the 150):laugh:.

So now that it "FREE" does any one want to come? PM me and i will tell you where to meet.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.