Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: fuel filter

Vehicles
      90' Corrado m62
      05-03-2012 01:55 PM #1
      I've done a little research already but I feel I'm getting horrible gas mileage in my g60. I know it wont be the same as stock considering I change the injectors /fpr. Main question IA where can I find the best price for a fuel filter and is OK to run a aftermarket one or should I stay away from aftermarket? I was thinking of calling parts authority. And I've red the blue temp sensor could mess with the mileage a little

2. Member
      Vehicles
      91 GLI G60, 86 Golf GL
      05-09-2012 07:35 PM #2
      If the blue temp sensor is disconnected you will get horrid mpg, and you'd notice a huge performance difference. It would cut power too, if the connection was intermittent.

I wouldn't be concerned about the fuel filter unless it is clogged, which you can flow test. But order one from germanautoparts.com under Corrado.

Check for boost leaks! 02 Sensor, if you have a aftermarket chip it could be also giving too much fuel - especially if you're running a M62. A lot of those chips have fuel curves specifically meant for the G-lader because it builds boost as it goes through the rpm's.

I get a steady 21mpg city w/s4 ported g lader s4 chip, 02 sensor delete.

Vehicles
      90' Corrado m62
      05-11-2012 01:11 PM #3
      Quote Originally Posted by KirinC View Post
      If the blue temp sensor is disconnected you will get horrid mpg, and you'd notice a huge performance difference. It would cut power too, if the connection was intermittent.

I wouldn't be concerned about the fuel filter unless it is clogged, which you can flow test. But order one from germanautoparts.com under Corrado.

Check for boost leaks! 02 Sensor, if you have a aftermarket chip it could be also giving too much fuel - especially if you're running a M62. A lot of those chips have fuel curves specifically meant for the G-lader because it builds boost as it goes through the rpm's.

I get a steady 21mpg city w/s4 ported g lader s4 chip, 02 sensor delete.
      BBM recommended me a stg4 chip so how ever the fuel curve on that is beyond me. Prob should get a custom mapped sns chip.