Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Results 26 to 50 of 66

    Thread: miles on your 2.5

    1. 05-21-2012 02:45 PM #26
      Quote Originally Posted by camjr View Post
      99,870

      2006 purchased new in Nov 2005.

      Tranny valve body is going out just under the 100k threshold for the extended warranty. Took it in Wednesday and the part was ordered. Taking it back Monday for installation. Thank God for Vortex-I would have never known about the warranty extension.
      New valve body for the auto tranny installed today. Smooooooth.....

    2. 05-21-2012 09:23 PM #27
      I have almost 160k on my 2005.5 MKV. The only major problem was it blew out an injector at around 130k and cost almost $1,000 to get it fixed. It idles a bit rough, (could just be the 5 cyl maybe I just notice it more now that it is getting older).

      All in all- it has been great. I make sure to change the oil about 5-7k miles (occasionally let it go to 10k when money is tight...)

      I have a few annoying problems- the driver's window is unreliable got stuck down in the rain one day and by some miracle it came back up- haven't opened it since (a lot of strange looks at the drive thru when I open the door to get my Mc Meal...)

      The headliner let go, and I am told that it is very expensive to fix (if it can be fixed) because of the design...anyone have any info on this? or a fix idea?

      Car is paid off, so I am going to run it till the doors fall off. My mechanic seems to think it will go another 100k easy. I am a bit worried about the timing chain- still original- should I pony up to get it replaced before it fails?

    3. 05-21-2012 09:44 PM #28
      Quote Originally Posted by braddub View Post
      I have almost 160k on my 2005.5 MKV. The only major problem was it blew out an injector at around 130k and cost almost $1,000 to get it fixed. It idles a bit rough, (could just be the 5 cyl maybe I just notice it more now that it is getting older).

      All in all- it has been great. I make sure to change the oil about 5-7k miles (occasionally let it go to 10k when money is tight...)

      I have a few annoying problems- the driver's window is unreliable got stuck down in the rain one day and by some miracle it came back up- haven't opened it since (a lot of strange looks at the drive thru when I open the door to get my Mc Meal...)

      The headliner let go, and I am told that it is very expensive to fix (if it can be fixed) because of the design...anyone have any info on this? or a fix idea?

      Car is paid off, so I am going to run it till the doors fall off. My mechanic seems to think it will go another 100k easy. I am a bit worried about the timing chain- still original- should I pony up to get it replaced before it fails?
      Check with your dealer or VWofA about your headliner. They realize there was a problem with the adhesive, and are either picking up all or part of the tab for a new one. The dealer put a brand-spanking new headliner in for me last summer at no charge. I had about 85k on my car at the time. No questions asked, no hassle, etc. I just called and talked to them, drove it over to show them, and they set an appt for me after they received the part. Worth a shot...

    4. Junior Member
      Join Date
      Jun 2nd, 2011
      Location
      San Diego, CA
      Posts
      35
      Vehicles
      2014 GLI Autobahn Nav
      05-29-2012 03:36 PM #29
      08' w/ 58k, couple of issues on the engine at 40K but all under warranty, kinda scared of run out of warranty, overall really happy

    5. Member AngeloM3's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 11th, 2011
      Location
      Rhode Island
      Posts
      388
      Vehicles
      '06 Jetta 2.5L
      05-29-2012 04:33 PM #30
      2006 w/ 106k
      75% Highway

      Nothing major ever went wrong... just the usual wear-n-tear stuff.

    6. 05-30-2012 12:04 AM #31
      07 121k miles

    7. 05-30-2012 10:33 AM #32
      '06 with 210k miles. Just did timing chains, water pump, thermostat, headgasket and other stuff.
      A really reliable engine.

    8. Senior Member
      Join Date
      Feb 28th, 2002
      Location
      chicagoland
      Posts
      27,420
      Vehicles
      91 GTI 1.8t, 07 Rabbit
      05-30-2012 10:47 AM #33
      65k on a 2007 and so far so good, hope it keeps going
      Quote Originally Posted by VikingVR6GTI View Post
      Yep, that was my first thought too. A nice set does not automatically make a chick attractive. Especially when that "chick" is a dude.

    9. Member FLUFFYsk8erMAN's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 31st, 2008
      Location
      Hampton Bays,NY
      Posts
      123
      Vehicles
      2013 Driver's Edition Candy White Gti
      05-30-2012 08:39 PM #34
      06 with 129k making a little rattling so im gunna do tensioners and guides pretty soon...

    10. Member dhenry's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 9th, 2009
      Location
      Va Beach
      Posts
      2,692
      Vehicles
      mkv
      05-30-2012 09:36 PM #35
      Quote Originally Posted by Imanol Alamillo View Post
      '06 with 210k miles. Just did timing chains, water pump, thermostat, headgasket and other stuff.
      A really reliable engine.
      wow you got some miles.. did you only do the chains once? and around 200k?
      follow me @dominickhenry | 2.5l UM tuned! | SCCA Solo FSP class |Flickr | Build Thread | FS Benz wheels

    11. Member mmrabbit's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 27th, 2008
      Location
      Miami
      Posts
      146
      Vehicles
      2008 Rabbit
      05-30-2012 11:00 PM #36
      2008 with 67000 miles no problems at all, just the headliner falling because of the heat in Miami, I'm going to replace the whole interior soon to black, will post pics!!!

    12. Member Dronks's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 7th, 2011
      Location
      Green Bay, WI
      Posts
      709
      Vehicles
      MKV Jetta 2.5l M5
      05-30-2012 11:04 PM #37
      2006 with 63,xxx miles. No "problems".
      If it sounds like sarcasm, it probably is.

    13. Member
      Join Date
      Sep 30th, 2009
      Location
      Savannah, GA
      Posts
      949
      Vehicles
      06 Jetta 2.5L 5spd (LSD+ .717 TDI 5th swap)
      05-31-2012 09:01 AM #38
      06' with 90K on the clock. No issues yet. *knocking on wood!
      C2 tune, Peloquin LSD, .717 TDI 5TH gear swap, AWE exhaust, BSH CAI, H&R street sport coilover + 25mm RSB, neuspeed short shifter, 17x8 BBS RGR.

    14. Member vwjetta252006's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 31st, 2009
      Location
      Richmond Hill
      Posts
      420
      Vehicles
      2006 2.5, 2008 Jetta 2.5, 2010 jetta 2.5
      06-01-2012 05:48 PM #39
      Quote Originally Posted by kvpracing View Post
      what kinda miles do you have on ur engines? im wonder how reliable they are after 100k... like a vr6 and need chains?
      my 06 2.5 has 140k KM...... only major problem was a PCV valve failure...

      my new 08 will have 40km !!
      wonder if ill have the same problem with it again?
      Last edited by vwjetta252006; 06-01-2012 at 05:55 PM.

    15. Junior Member
      Join Date
      Nov 29th, 2011
      Location
      North Carolina
      Posts
      37
      Vehicles
      2010 VW Golf 2.5, 1997 VW GTI VR6
      06-01-2012 10:35 PM #40
      2010 with 45k... no issues..also knocking on wood

    16. Member
      Join Date
      Jul 12th, 2002
      Location
      Texas
      Posts
      2,235
      Vehicles
      14 1.8t, 13 2.0t
      06-04-2012 09:21 AM #41
      06 with 63xxx, had it since new, no issues.

    17. Member mhjett's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 16th, 2000
      Location
      Northern Virginia
      Posts
      8,278
      Vehicles
      '08 VW Jetta SE 2.5
      06-04-2012 02:12 PM #42
      Quote Originally Posted by nickbeezy View Post
      wow you got some miles.. did you only do the chains once? and around 200k?
      He did a whole DIY thread on here with photos; well worth searching for.
      2008 VW Jetta SE 2.5 [current]
      1995 VW Jetta GLX VR6 [07.2003 - 03.2012]

    18. Member MK5golf's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 30th, 2012
      Location
      French Canada
      Posts
      1,907
      Vehicles
      2009 VW Rabbit; 2015 Honda CBR300r
      07-02-2012 01:36 PM #43
      Whoa, I thought I drove a lot
      2009 rabbit 5 speed, 115xxx kms (I think thats 72 000 miles?), purchased brand new in march 09.
      Absolutely no mechanical issues at all
      BUT
      I notice sometimes when its really really hot or really really cold and i unlock the doors, its like they keep unlocking themselves non stop like the wires a short circuiting or something. When I step out of the car and lock it stops. This has been since new. Not a big deal at all and I kinda find it cool (quirk of the car as far as I see it!)

    19. Member Gott ist gut's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2nd, 2010
      Location
      Sarasota, FL
      Posts
      211
      Vehicles
      2007 Jetta 2.5l
      07-02-2012 02:49 PM #44
      Quote Originally Posted by MK5golf View Post
      I notice sometimes when its really really hot or really really cold and i unlock the doors, its like they keep unlocking themselves non stop like the wires a short circuiting or something. When I step out of the car and lock it stops. This has been since new. Not a big deal at all and I kinda find it cool (quirk of the car as far as I see it!)
      I'd show that to the dealer. Eventually your actuators (or whatever is in there) will prematurely wearout and fail.

    20. Member The Dust Bunny's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 21st, 2012
      Location
      Langley AFB, VA
      Posts
      445
      Vehicles
      2009 Jetta S 2.5 *ALL STOCK*
      07-02-2012 04:40 PM #45
      09 with 14,5xx

    21. Member MK5golf's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 30th, 2012
      Location
      French Canada
      Posts
      1,907
      Vehicles
      2009 VW Rabbit; 2015 Honda CBR300r
      07-02-2012 09:16 PM #46
      Quote Originally Posted by the dust bunny View Post
      09 with 14,5xx
      go out and drive! :p

    22. Member The Dust Bunny's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 21st, 2012
      Location
      Langley AFB, VA
      Posts
      445
      Vehicles
      2009 Jetta S 2.5 *ALL STOCK*
      07-02-2012 10:03 PM #47
      I've had it for a month. 2k I've put on it.

    23. Member
      Join Date
      Sep 20th, 2010
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      131
      Vehicles
      08' UG Rabbit
      07-02-2012 10:39 PM #48
      08' 49,xxx mi.

    24. Member
      Join Date
      Nov 28th, 2010
      Posts
      153
      Vehicles
      '07 Jetta WE, '10 Jetta TDI
      07-03-2012 08:53 PM #49
      '07 with 49,5xx. CAI and Uni Stg1 for about 17K, switched to a UM tune 100 miles ago. No issues and I can only hope it stays that way for a very long time. 250K (only about 20K from me!) on my old A4, have a personal record to beat

    25. Member MK5golf's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 30th, 2012
      Location
      French Canada
      Posts
      1,907
      Vehicles
      2009 VW Rabbit; 2015 Honda CBR300r
      07-04-2012 06:02 AM #50
      Quote Originally Posted by PhAyzoN View Post
      '07 with 49,5xx. CAI and Uni Stg1 for about 17K, switched to a UM tune 100 miles ago. No issues and I can only hope it stays that way for a very long time. 250K (only about 20K from me!) on my old A4, have a personal record to beat
      Hows the uni tune? I was thinking of getting one myself as their headquarters are right in my backyard...

    Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •