Someone on these forums tracks his. Was my first bike, first gen naked, loved it, just needed a bike better for 2 up.
- cheap to run, own, maintain, insure
- stock suspension is crap
- bullet proof reliability
- first gens (up to 04 I think?), aka 'Curvies' were carbed (and the best )
- second gens had the flat frame and got FI but not as good looking (subjective)
- third gens were rebranded as the gladius and to each their own
- I think i got around 48mpg on mine
- meets your criteria for track bike
- wasn't great for 2up but possibly better than your SF
It will feel very underpowered next to the 1098, but still fun as hell to ride in the twisties.