Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: 93 eurovan transmission problem / qustions

1. 05-05-2012 01:06 AM #1
      Hello,

Just picked up a 93 Eurovan that was non running for a few years. I was able to get it running and runs great. However it does not shift and appears to be in a limp mode as all gear selection lights are on and seems to be in 3rd.

My questions to start trouble shooting is to see if there is a reset? Does it the TCU/TCm need to be reprogrammed as it has sat for for so long.

I do not want to start down the trans replace until I can confrim it is bad.

Thank you

Tyler

Vehicles
      85 Jetta TD sold 2001 Jetta Tdi, 2000 Jetta Tdi
      05-05-2012 06:18 AM #2
      Quote Originally Posted by eurovanmv View Post
      My questions to start trouble shooting is to see if there is a reset? Does it the TCU/TCm need to be reprogrammed as it has sat for for so long.

There is no "reprogramming".

Quote Originally Posted by eurovanmv View Post
      I do not want to start down the trans replace until I can confrim it is bad.
      Your right in thinking that. You could just have a bad sensor or solenoid. Scan the trans computer for trouble codes with vag-com.
      Auto trans fluid change or flush will not make a trans fail. Stop spreading the wives tale/urban myth.
      ASE Master Certified Technician with L1 Advanced Diagnostic Rating Recently passed ASE certification for Light Diesel repair.
      www.KansasCityTdi.com