Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FS 93 Slc corrado 3L vr6

1. 05-05-2012 12:29 PM #1
      Well crap I dont even want to write this.
      The PO had owner it for 10yrs, he was a older guy NOT big on maintenance or on mods. The car needed alot of luv. So I gave it some.... A hole cars worth. I bought a solid donor to bring it back to life. As of now everything works !!!!!!!!!!

Schimmel 3L built for boost (70ishK)
      trans has Peloquin diff I have seen it with my own eyes!
      TT chip for 3L
      Nuespeed intake
      Lifters
      chains and guides (less than a K just did them)
      lightened flywheel
      header (stock mans included)
      stock cat gutted
      Heater core
      H&r utralow coilover 70k
      Alternator
      crack pipe/thermosat
      control arm bushing
      drill brake, New lines
      complete tie rods
      Ecode head lights
      spoonfed 70mm lip
      New turn signals
      fog light lens
      Spoiler speed changed (so yes spoiler works)
      Stock sunroof works
      Abs delete
      silicone hoses
      oil cool and filter O rings
      Secondary water pump deleted
      New distributor cap rotor plugs plug wires
      delete ISV Comes with car
      Deleted ERG comes with car

I know there is More I have a Few spare parts that will come with it
      ON to the bad The car needs a paint job its almost 20yrs old and a few dings, paint is faded off the rear bumper, the the corner of the hood (by the windshield) are ugly. the center dash bezel has a crack in the corner.

I'll get some pics later today
      As for price i'll consider offers around 6K

just for fun

More pics here
      http://s46.photobucket.com/albums/f1...cpZZ1QQtppZZ24
      Last edited by fvtec; 01-06-2013 at 05:14 PM.

Vehicles
      1991 Jetta GLI 16V
      05-06-2012 12:26 PM #2
      Bahaha. That pic is hilarious. Great price man Now find me a Rabbit like the Bali Green one I wish I bought from ya. or a Caddy, or an S1 Rocco. GLWS

05-06-2012 02:29 PM #3
      Rick keep it and boost it!!
      EüröfreäkZ
      click here ^^to check out our foroms

4. 05-06-2012 02:57 PM #4
      Thanx guys
      Truth of the matter between my bad knee and hip I can hardly drive it. Even My audi which is also for sale. If I drive either for a few hour I can hardly walk after. Its time!

Hey D want to go for pinks

5. 05-07-2012 11:56 PM #6
      thanx audis gone so just 1 more to go.. it will be sad. I drove it today makes some great noise!

Vehicles
      4 turbos in 2 cars.
      05-10-2012 03:38 AM #7
      Were in nor cal are you ?

7. 05-10-2012 11:44 AM #8
      95354 modesto ca

05-10-2012 09:31 PM #9
      Dude your car so sick but no I'm not racing a 3 liter lol
      EüröfreäkZ

9. 05-11-2012 08:17 PM #10
      Just drove it 2 the bay and back. Cold Ac and good temps the hole ride.. Made for a Nice break from the norm

10. 05-14-2012 11:33 AM #11
      Up Mite consider b5 1.8t 5sp or Bmw 3 as trade

Vehicles
      1996 2.0 GTI(Beater),1993 Corrado SLC (Whore),1975 Rabbit Swallowtail(Project),1990 Jetta GLI (RIP)
      05-14-2012 04:21 PM #12
      Will it pass smog? Has it been reffereed? Is it legal in California? If so, I might have a buyer for you.
      Quote Originally Posted by NoCYet
      No worries, we'll still stand out in the sea of BBS RS's...

12. 05-14-2012 07:49 PM #13
      Yeah it will smog in cal.
      Looks stock under hood plus these are NOT obd 2 they dont hook up to the smog machine. Theres alos NO reason to REF the car. Its a 93 they only came with vrs. Its not like its a vr swap

Vehicles
      1996 2.0 GTI(Beater),1993 Corrado SLC (Whore),1975 Rabbit Swallowtail(Project),1990 Jetta GLI (RIP)
      05-15-2012 05:47 PM #14
      Quote Originally Posted by fvtec View Post
      Yeah it will smog in cal.
      Looks stock under hood plus these are NOT obd 2 they dont hook up to the smog machine. Theres alos NO reason to REF the car. Its a 93 they only came with vrs. Its not like its a vr swap
      I own a 93 Corrado. If the smog equipment is not all their, it will not pass visual. If the EVAP is not hooked up, it will fail the OBD 1 secondary evap test.
      With currant dickhead cops that like to pop hood in my area, I needs it to be 100% legit. TIA.

14. 05-15-2012 07:04 PM #15
      Well I wouldnt have those problems here!
      The car has the EGR deleted and the idle air valve removed. Everything else is there! PLUS i'm inlcuding those parts IF you want to reinstall them. ALL of the EVP stuff is there! I just removed the parts and plugged the holes.
      IF you are worried about the cops.. dont drive like a ass Joking! But I have the stock air box and exhaust manifolds. You can put it completely back to stock if you like.

Vehicles
      05-15-2012 07:24 PM #16
      So In simple terms, NO it is not smog legal, at this time.
      I don't drive like an A$$. Bored cops will pull anything over that has a decent exhaust note. This is not for me, for a friend. I do not know if he will want to install smog equipment, just to get it legal.
      BTW, Seller in CA is responsible for smog.

16. 05-15-2012 09:57 PM #17
      Hey I'll smog it. It not like its a big deal. This may not be the car for you if your worried about it being loud. Unless you want to change the exhaust. It goes from the header to the cat 2.5 res and dumps before the axle. Its loud!

Vehicles
      05-17-2012 04:40 PM #18
      Like I said before. Not for me! I just know more about these cars than most people. I have worked with VW's for 15 years. I have owned my Corrado for 10 years. I also know better than to buy other peoples incomplete projects. I have my own incomplete projects to deal with. I just buy 75 and older so I don't have to worry about smog. I will not be referring this car to my friend. To much attitude and unacceptable answers regarding emissions. To bad; SIlver is a rare color in VR's also.

18. 05-17-2012 11:33 PM #19
      To much attitude and unacceptable answers regarding emissions.
      Really?

Sorry you feel that way. The car is Far from incomplete! considering it really only NEEDS a paint job. I think I answered all your questions in regard to emissions? Can you tell me what question I didnt answer? I would like to make sure I clear it up for anyone else that may have interest.

Anyways best of luck with you future projects

Not that it matters But I've owed Over 50 water cooled Vw's, 9 of which where corrado 1 of them being 1 of 3 front engine rear drive in the world. So I do have some knowledge of these cars

Vehicles
      05-18-2012 04:23 PM #20
      Really?

Sorry you feel that way. The car is Far from incomplete! considering it really only NEEDS a paint job. I think I answered all your questions in regard to emissions? Can you tell me what question I didnt answer? I would like to make sure I clear it up for anyone else that may have interest.

Anyways best of luck with you future projects

Not that it matters But I've owed Over 50 water cooled Vw's, 9 of which where corrado 1 of them being 1 of 3 front engine rear drive in the world. So I do have some knowledge of these cars
      Sorry, if your upset. Don't get your panties in a bunch. I am looking for a friend of mine. I just want to make sure I refer him a good clean car that will not cause him a lot of headaches. i.e. questionable emissions or Missing/deleted parts. I'm sorry if me asking you questions about the legality of the car bothers you.
      Also if you have owned over 50 VW's You should be more than familiar with the emission woes that so many face. Why pass those problems on to others?
      The anger and hostility I have received from you about the emission, throws up a lot of red flags. What is being hidden?
      BTW, there is a guy on the east coast that builds 4wd Corrados. I think he currently has 4 or 5 of them. So, I think that there have been more than 3 in the world.
      Like I said I did not mean to offend, sorry if you took it that way. It is better to be completely informed, than have big surprises. (especially in 2 years when the new owner has to get the car smogged)
      Goods luck with the sale, maybe you should look for someone out of state, who would not have to worry about the emissions.

20. 05-19-2012 12:44 AM #21
      No panties I prefer boxers at least on me. No Not bothered/angered by question either. Thats the crap part of text, you dont get the persons tone along with it.

No there is NO hidden issues. It common place to delete the egr system as well as the idle air.

Even in Cal you would only have to deal with the EGR every 2 years (Not a big deal) Plus if there was NO header it wouldnt be a issue. For those that want to run stock manifolds

Not that it matters But AWD and full RWD (Front engine rear drive, NOt mid/rear engine or transfers mounted engine) are NOT the same. There are More than a Few AWD corrado's.

Keep in mind this engine is made for boost. Anyone that want to take full advantage of it and run either a supercharger or a turbo and will have to deal with emission every 2 years. With that said, those people will be willing to work around what is legal on there car. This car if for a enthusiast not a purist.

Vehicles
      Corrado
      05-26-2012 07:52 AM #22
      This car if for a enthusiast not a purist.

Very nice car. Good luck with the sale

22. 05-26-2012 12:29 PM #23
      Thanx

23. 05-26-2012 01:53 PM #24
      Sup Rick it's Oliver, so this is your Corrado #50?. lol.

I've been out of the loop for a while and 7 other vw's & non vw's after the corrado, I'm back with another one.

Your cars has always been bad asses esp that rear wheel drive 20vt corrado. - Rick is a car enthusiast that do his own tricks. . Good luck with the sale.

05-26-2012 06:31 PM #25
      Quote Originally Posted by RedheadRado View Post
      Will it pass smog? Has it been reffereed? Is it legal in California? If so, I might have a buyer for you.

I've none
      Rick for over 15 years now he IS the reason I drive vws today

He NEVER builds or sells junk or projects
      He is my go-to guy for answers
      Even shops mechanics call him for answers and help with crap they can't figure out

I would stand behind his work 110%
      Last edited by babyd209; 05-26-2012 at 06:50 PM.
      EüröfreäkZ

Vehicles
      E36 M3, B5 Avant, s14
      05-26-2012 07:14 PM #26
      So In simple terms, NO it is not smog legal, at this time.
      I don't drive like an A$$. Bored cops will pull anything over that has a decent exhaust note. This is not for me, for a friend. I do not know if he will want to install smog equipment, just to get it legal.
      BTW, Seller in CA is responsible for smog.
      I don't wanna be a dick but the car PASSES SMOG the way it stands. Mine has the same stuff he has done as well and passed visual and smog just fine. Plus i have had my hood popped by bored cops and guess what?.......It passed their visual also.

This car is fine. If you wanna be a smart ass go do it craigslist.

Vehicles
      E36 M3, B5 Avant, s14
      05-26-2012 07:19 PM #27
      Like I said before. Not for me! I just know more about these cars than most people. I have worked with VW's for 15 years. I have owned my Corrado for 10 years. I also know better than to buy other peoples incomplete projects. I have my own incomplete projects to deal with. I just buy 75 and older so I don't have to worry about smog. I will not be referring this car to my friend. To much attitude and unacceptable answers regarding emissions. To bad; SIlver is a rare color in VR's also.

27. 05-26-2012 07:54 PM #28
      HAHA OK guys thanx for all the good words! We are all friends here we are all here because you enjoy at least of the the same things Right? Hookers? Ok maybe not that!

Yeah I've slowed down on the cars. The last few years have been different for me dealing with family stuff. I hope to start another BIG project this year.

Vehicles
      05-29-2012 06:11 PM #29
      Wow all this anger and hostility over a couple of questions.
      LIKE I SAID BEFORE, I did not mean to offend. Sorry if you took it that way.
      Those of you that know me, know that I am all about the scene, I am a true enthusiast. I travel the west coast for car shows and GTG's. I am known as a very positive and encouraging person. I am also a "go to" person when they have questions.
      ALEX@GMS, No I am not mad, Sad, but not mad.
      If anyone want to talk to me. Meet me at Wuste, or the classic, or lakeport or waterwerks on the green(that is just June for me). I haven't decided about the classic yet, but I will be all of the other events. If you don't know the car google image my screen name.
      Not hatred, just for the dub.

29. 05-29-2012 07:51 PM #30
      RedheadRado

Wow all this anger and hostility over a couple of questions.
      We are good if you read my posts/replies you would know that I was Not offended nor was I upset or angry. I cant speak for others but its a NON issue for me.

I saw your car and bugo last weekend, looks good.

Vehicles
      4 turbos in 2 cars.
      05-29-2012 11:33 PM #31
      If i wasn't in the middle of a mk3 project at the moment i would snag this , throw some paint on it and add boost.

Lemmie know if your interested in trades.
      Bump for a well modified car .

31. 05-30-2012 12:59 AM #32
      Lemmie know if your interested in trades
      Well I might consider a trade. Worst i can say is no.

As for paint and boost. If I still have it in a few months and the other projects I have going are done you never know

Vehicles
      90 Corrado 16v, 82 Rabbit Comvertible
      05-30-2012 06:43 AM #33
      I just know more about these cars than most people. I have worked with VW's for 15 years. I have owned my Corrado for 10 years.
      heard this too many times... :p
      we all know this cars.. that's why we own them.. and lets face it... nowadays its rare to find a corrado that has not been moded in any way.. no disrespect, seen your car many times and i love it.. but sometimes you might come off as you know everything about the car.. which is great, but that knowledge should not be used to bash.. but help those who don't know the car at all.. once again.. no disrespect..

on another note.. gl with the sale! this car looks great!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

33. 05-30-2012 11:13 AM #34
      Lets stay on track here guys/gals

Vehicles
      05-30-2012 03:41 PM #35
      We are good if you read my posts/replies you would know that I was Not offended nor was I upset or angry. I cant speak for others but its a NON issue for me.

I saw your car and bugo last weekend, looks good.
      Right on. Thank you. I have no problems with you. I have no problems with most people.

Haters are going to hate. People hate what they do not have or understand. Hate the game not the player.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast