Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Successful Fog Light Retrofit!

1. Junior Member NeedsMoreBoost's Avatar
      Vehicles
      2013 BRZ
      05-05-2012 04:52 PM #1
      I've been sick of the plastic shrouds where my Tig's fog lights should be, so I capitalized on the ECS Fog light conversion sale and just got around to installing them today.

I followed these instructions for a MKIV Jetta after removing the bumper. The instructions were pretty much the same for the Tiguan, however the first few steps were not necessary. The worst part was fishing the trigger wire through the firewall wiring harness boot and up into the dash to my euro switch; HUGE PITA!. A coat hanger is essential! The rest of the wiring harness from ECS was easy to understand and install based on the Jetta instructions. I chose different grounds because the Tig doesn't have the same ones as the Jetta.

It took me about 3 hours being careful and taking my time to do it right. I'm very happy with the ZiZa Platinum White bulbs that I swapped into the housings to match my headlights. The front end looks complete and I love the look with my LED city lights accompanying them!

PICS!

Light cannons FTW!!

Next up is the Hella Blackout headlight housings, but I'll wait on a sale. $500 is a lot for just housings!

Vehicles
      2010 VW Tiguan S
      05-05-2012 07:22 PM #2
      Since we're local, I should hit you up when I pull the trigger on Fog Lights

3. Junior Member NeedsMoreBoost's Avatar
      Vehicles
      2013 BRZ
      05-05-2012 08:26 PM #3
      Sure man I'd be happy to help out.

Vehicles
      2012 Tiguan SEL 4Motion, 2012 Touareg Hybrid
      05-06-2012 02:30 AM #4
      Looks great (as it should be). Why not to convert to an HID housings instead?
      My build thread:
      http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...L-build-thread

Mods: X-Pel Headlight Shields, 3M Clear Bra, OEM Door Moldings, OEM Aspherical Mirrors, R-line Door Sills, Rear Hatch Chrome Molding, and many more to come soon...

5. Junior Member NeedsMoreBoost's Avatar
      Vehicles
      2013 BRZ
      05-06-2012 09:53 AM #5
      Thanks. HIDs aren't worth the money or trouble to me. There is no plug and play kit for them, that I know of, and getting the OEM parts new would cost over $2k last I checked. When I drop that kind of money on the Tig, it'll be on wheels and tires!
      Last edited by NeedsMoreBoost; 05-06-2012 at 10:00 AM.

Vehicles
      2012 Tiguan SEL 4Motion, 2012 Touareg Hybrid
      05-07-2012 02:46 PM #6
      Quote Originally Posted by NeedsMoreBoost View Post
      Thanks. HIDs aren't worth the money or trouble to me. There is no plug and play kit for them, that I know of, and getting the OEM parts new would cost over $2k last I checked. When I drop that kind of money on the Tig, it'll be on wheels and tires!
      Of course there is: http://www.kufatec.com/index.php?mai...roducts_id=792

You can source HID's on eBay.com or eBay.de for $500-$1000, then 5min with VCDS cable and you're all set
      My build thread:
      http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...L-build-thread

Mods: X-Pel Headlight Shields, 3M Clear Bra, OEM Door Moldings, OEM Aspherical Mirrors, R-line Door Sills, Rear Hatch Chrome Molding, and many more to come soon...