Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: hey aircooled buds

1. 05-05-2012 11:12 PM #1
      well i wanted to say hello because im pretty sure my beater mk3 is screwed so im looking into seriously purchasing an aircooled beetle...ive heard all these differences and everything about them and i dont know anything about air cooled engines..btw im lance, if i got one i would first repair to decent status seeming i would have to buy a cheap one...the lower and exhaust hopefully go smooth from there, if anyone knows where a cheap one is with minimal rust hopefully manual..near louisville kentucky forsale i would really appreciate it enough rambling heres what i want mine to look like eventually..

2. 05-06-2012 12:46 AM #2
      Quote Originally Posted by obd2gti View Post
      well i wanted to say hello because im pretty sure my beater mk3 is screwed so im looking into seriously purchasing an aircooled beetle...ive heard all these differences and everything about them and i dont know anything about air cooled engines..btw im lance, if i got one i would first repair to decent status seeming i would have to buy a cheap one...the lower and exhaust hopefully go smooth from there, if anyone knows where a cheap one is with minimal rust hopefully manual..near louisville kentucky forsale i would really appreciate it enough rambling heres what i want mine to look like eventually..
      first up, no aircooled = no one's aircooled "bud". ownership of an aircooled opens that door, nothing else. and further more if you're going to talk like some stupid wannabe hippy that still listens to that drivel called 'grateful dead' please direct yourself to another forum.

don't know anything about aircooled? venture over to the thesamba.com and start reading around. spoon feeding will not happen around here. oh, and a little heads up, it won't happen over there either.

and i took a minute and read thru this:
      http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...1#post77236221

really? you can't afford to fix the possible lifter noise in the vr but you want to venture into the aircooled world? hate to break it to you snowflake but you're not going to find any running rust free aircooled vw for cheap in your general area that will not require a ton of work. likewise, i'm sure as hell not gonna tell you if i found/find one, that is reserved for my fellow aircooled owners, aka my 'aircooled buds'

was i being too harsh? yes? good. that was the point. the aircooled scene isn't for those with shallow pockets who want to keep their hands clean.

EDIT
      thought i remembered seeing you post before...

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...9#post76535309

since you're obviously looking for the biggest scenster mobile you can get yourself into the MK4 crowd have a vehicle for you.

gtfo.
      Last edited by A1steaksauce; 05-06-2012 at 12:58 AM.

3. 05-06-2012 09:29 AM #3
      i probably deserved that and i really dont care if your somehow mad or annoyed by me i was trying to be nice, i feel great to be welcomed by you. have you ver heard of changing your horizons? well thats what ive chosen to do. i like switching things up time to time. when im working on a dub, im always looking for what the next new project will be. i have time before im driving, and thats why im doing this. so i can find what im into the most. if its air cooled vw's so be it? why should it offend you worst comes to worse it just turns into a learning experience for me. is that so bad for a kid? if it is and kids should be mentally retarded all around the world and destroy todays economy even worse when we get older. the cars i hate the most are the mk4's just to let you know. im not trying to start fights, or a scene just letting you know, lance

4. 05-06-2012 10:28 AM #4
      i probably deserved that and i really dont care if your somehow mad or annoyed by me i was trying to be nice, i feel great to be welcomed by you. have you ver heard of changing your horizons? well thats what ive chosen to do. i like switching things up time to time. when im working on a dub, im always looking for what the next new project will be. i have time before im driving, and thats why im doing this. so i can find what im into the most. if its air cooled vw's so be it? why should it offend you worst comes to worse it just turns into a learning experience for me. is that so bad for a kid? if it is and kids should be mentally retarded all around the world and destroy todays economy even worse when we get older. the cars i hate the most are the mk4's just to let you know. im not trying to start fights, or a scene just letting you know, lance
      changing your horizons? yes, yes i have. but i didn't jump into a forum and start a thread talking about a car i don't even own, twice. my SN is MK1 in origin and yet i'm playing around in here because i own an aircooled, not because i want to own them. your thread is nothing new, they pop up quite often around here and the OP disappears just as quickly.

you really want an aircooled? then venture over to the samba and do some reading up. this forum is more lowered aircooled friendly but for general overall knowledge that site is where it's at.
      Last edited by A1steaksauce; 05-06-2012 at 10:43 AM.

5. 05-06-2012 11:02 AM #5
      Quote Originally Posted by A1steaksauce View Post
      changing your horizons? yes, yes i have. but i didn't jump into a forum and start a thread talking about a car i don't even own, twice. my SN is MK1 in origin and yet i'm playing around in here because i own an aircooled, not because i want to own them. your thread is nothing new, they pop up quite often around here and the OP disappears just as quickly.

you really want an aircooled? then venture over to the samba and do some reading up. this forum is more lowered aircooled friendly but for general overall knowledge that site is where it's at.
      then i apoligize sincerly no scarcasm intended...and i understand why this is annoying now. thanks for the site, i got on there earlier for a bit. its probably best just to let this thread die? keep active in this part of the forum learn a little while im searching for the aircooled probably rusty gem? no hard feelings just trying to be friendly

6. 05-06-2012 11:07 AM #6
      then i apoligize sincerly no scarcasm intended...and i understand why this is annoying now. thanks for the site, i got on there earlier for a bit. its probably best just to let this thread die? keep active in this part of the forum learn a little while im searching for the aircooled probably rusty gem? no hard feelings just trying to be friendly
      yeah probably.

feel free to start a new thread if you found perspective aircooled you have questions about or if you went ahead and pulled the trigger on one.

we are often brash in here to newcomers, myself moreover, but we are a good group that help each other out.

and whatever you do, don't be like MicroCADDY

7. 05-06-2012 03:08 PM #7
      ahahahahaha!!!! I feel you there!!! Im not the whiney type i try to keep it chill!! Saw the brown beetle down the road from me looks like a mid 70s standard from what ive learned..im going to talk to them soonish because i saw a forsale sign on it a few months ago.

Vehicles
      00&01 Focus ZX3,01 Focus Wagon,00 Durango R/T, 89 Cabriolet, 77 Beetle, 70 Bus camper, 89 Fox coupe
      05-06-2012 06:36 PM #8

Vehicles
      1965 type 1 chassis car,1971 super beetle,2006 GMC crew cab Duramax,'04 mustang GT
      05-06-2012 07:40 PM #9
      yep air cooled.

almost had enough.
      www.401restos.com

Quit your complaining and do it right!!!

Vehicles
      81 VW Rabbit 1.7L EN 4-speed 020 GP, 78 VW Rabbit 1.5L EH 4speed 020 GC->GP
      05-06-2012 11:01 PM #10
      i dont own an air-kewld but i made out in one.......does that count?

guys, why you guys drinking hateraide?

just let the dreamers dream and the do'ers do

just because someone fails at one project doesnt mean they might be better suited for a different project

peter principle or no?

i cant weld for **** but that doesnt mean i dont love welding

oh, and if i could own an air-cooled vw it would be a type3 and i would have time and money to fix it right
      you hippies may say im a dreamer but im not just doing it for fun

Vehicles
      1970 fancypants benz, 2011 WRX
      05-07-2012 09:51 AM #11
      type 3's are garbage.

12. 05-07-2012 10:06 AM #12
      baywindows are gay.

Vehicles
      55 oval. 2014 CC
      05-07-2012 10:06 AM #13
      Quote Originally Posted by RafCarre12 View Post
      type 3's are garbage.

J
      Quote Originally Posted by WideFive
      If you have to ask if it's a good trade... then it isn't a good trade.
      Quote Originally Posted by Schell R32
      ACW's aren't a watercooled APPLIANCE,it's a classic air cooled pile that takes money,patience and attitude to own it.
      http://www.facebook.com/VWLoosenuts?sk=wall www.cultwagen.com.

14. 05-07-2012 01:34 PM #14
      i absolutely hate late models and bay windows. and rabbitnothopper, you better give thanks to the god of skinny punks that i wasnt in earshot when you referred to us as "hippies".

15. 05-07-2012 01:37 PM #15
      "hey aircooled buds (whiny bieber voice), i figured id ditch the tight pants, dubstep and girls haircut and come hang out with you guys, is that cool?"

16. 05-07-2012 04:37 PM #16
      ahahaha very funni, still looking for a nice aircooled...hard to find one around here...all i found are rednecks who spray painted them and ran them to death, or 15k+ show cars..tough world but its worth the wait