Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Failed fuel injector symptoms

Vehicles
      2009 GLI, 01 Yamaha 600r
      05-06-2012 12:29 PM #1
      Friday night my car started running like crap, it was a gradual progression on the drive home, first I noticed it was sitting in vac at 23-25 vs the normal 20, then a few miles later the idle started to fluctuate when I was off the gas, fast forward a few miles, misfires when I let off the gas from over 2.5k rpms. from there the rest of the ride home consisted of flashing CEL and occasional EPC (all for the misfires I had assumed). I get home, check all boost lines and they were good, all viable vacuume lines, and they also were fine. had a 1/4 tank of gas, last fill up was at exon with 93 (I've always run 93). I pulled the plugs and they were completly black, and while I had just replaced them not too long ago (12k miles) i pulled them and replaced again. car still ran like crap until I took it around the block and red lined it a couple times. Car was running good after that; rand fine all day saturday, CEL was off and no epc where I put about 150 miles on it. come sunday, drive out to breakfast car ran fine, driving home, same issue as friday night but now epc came on and stayed on and I coasted home in limp @ 1.5k rpms...longest 4 miles of my life.

What are the symptoms of bad fuel injectors? I replaced my intake manifold a while back and I had two injectors come out. I used the vw provided kits and replaced the hardware and threw the injectors back in. that was about 15k miles ago.

any input would be great. thanks,

Vehicles
      08 MKV GTI, 98 GC8 Impreza
      06-07-2012 12:46 AM #2
      hmm this might be just a random misfire, but Im having the same issue so im just seeing what people do

Vehicles
      2009 GLI, 01 Yamaha 600r
      06-07-2012 11:47 AM #3
      Quote Originally Posted by golf3racing View Post
      hmm this might be just a random misfire, but Im having the same issue so im just seeing what people do
      my issue turned out to be faulty throttle body wiring. I jiggled the wires around and cars been running fine.

Vehicles
      08 MKV GTI, 98 GC8 Impreza
      06-07-2012 10:20 PM #4
      yeah that would cause to raise the vacuum