Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Long-term B5 owner being seduced by the siren call of a V8

1. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2001 Audi S4 Avant, 2013 Golf TDI
      05-06-2012 04:00 PM #1
      Both my sister and I have been out separately doing some Audi-shopping. She found & purchased a Q7 TDI, which is a torque-monster, but not my cup of tea. I found this amazing black beauty 2004 B6 V8 nearby in Yorktown Heights NY. I drove one of these when they were new, but I had forgotten what a terrific drive they can be. This one was lightly modded with sport springs, sway bar, and catback exhaust. But I was blown away by the drive! I had forgotten the joys of instant torque and winding out a V8 with a high rev limit.

I have to say that the V8 is mighty tempting! Unfortunately, I'm not going to be able to buy it, even tho it is offered at a great price (under $15k, in near-perfect condition). I thought it might be useful to someone else here, so I told the seller I'd post about it on the board since I admired the car so much.

The car has about 90,000 miles on it, yet it is in quite fantastic condition. Paint is near-perfect, as are the RS4 replicate wheels. Plus it has a unique blue alcantra Recaro interior, which is such a great step up from my B5.

Did I mention how clean the car was? My impression is that the car has been the well-kept and the owner keeps it spotless, washing it at least twice a week. Of course, it is black so needs washing to keep it sharp. But the interior is immaculate too. It has complete service records, and any problems have been attended to (front control arms, brakes, usual stuff).

Mostly, I was most impressed with the drive. Brakes are good, handling is crisp, tires have good tread.

I have no connection with the seller, but I thought a car this nice should go to a good home, like to another member of this board. Contact info is in his ad: http://hudsonvalley.craigslist.org/cto/2941878073.html

Hope this helps someone! Definitely worth a drive -- at least I was very impressed, and I've driven and owned a lot of Audi's.

Currently:
      * 2001 Imola S4 Avant
      * 2005 Papaya TT 225

Previously
      * 1976 Orange 100LS
      * 1980 beige 5000 Diesel
      * 1992 Tornado Red UrS4 (my all-time favorite Audi)
      * 1999 Brilliant Yellow A4 sedan
      * 2001 Denim Blue TT 225
      * 2001 Santorin blue S4 Avant

2. Member
      Vehicles
      B5 S4, MK1 Rabbit
      05-07-2012 12:54 AM #2
      B6 S4's are slow.
      '01.5 Silver B5 S4 - Follow my build thread here: http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...4-Build-Thread

3. Junior Member
      05-07-2012 02:51 PM #3
      Quote Originally Posted by BlkdoutS4 View Post
      B6 S4's are slow.
      their not slow man.... their sloooooooooooow bottom of its class is just horrible.. If you ask me they dont seem to stand out as well as the B5's did also.. aside from being slow they just look like an A4 unless your an AUDI fan and can spot the small details that a regular consumer wouldnt you look at a B5 and to the normal person they might still confuse the two but to us its either a fake S4 or the real deal but you know what it should be.. not to mention the dead give aways like laser red, nogaro blue, imola yellow, and the black and silver i forgot the names and the white!!

Vehicles
      B5 Avant/MK4 GTi/V8 Grand Cherokee (The Mule)/Red B5 2.8/Cookies and Cream B5 2.8 HC All Motor/E46..
      06-05-2012 03:31 AM #4
      V8 S4 trash you will regret it. B5 all day!

Best S4 made hands down next to C4 S4 that stole my heart!
      Buncha B5's... Too many to list!
      MK4 1.8T GTi, Porsche Cups (li' tuck poke), Software/Hardware!
      B5 S4 Avant (Murdered), Software, Spoolin', Fishbowlin', debadged!
      Chirp/Squatt/Puff.... Woooooooosh!

Vehicles
      1992 VW GTI 8v 2001 audi s4 2.7tt 6sp
      06-05-2012 08:52 PM #5
      B5 all day