Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Grand Theft Auto III and Vice City coming to PS3

Vehicles
      88 F150, 04 RX8
      05-06-2012 11:32 PM #1
      http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/a...d-for-ps3.aspx

Rockstar Games will release PS2 classics Grand Theft Auto III and Grand Theft Auto Vice City on PlayStation Network, according to a new ESRB listing.

Both titles were recently rated for release on PlayStation 3. No other platforms were mentioned in the rating. Rockstar recently put out a 10th Anniversary Edition of Grand Theft Auto III for iOS.

We contacted Rockstar for confirmation. We'll update this story if they respond.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I guess this means they will redo the games in HD?
      |˙˙ʇǝuɹǝʇuı ǝɥʇ uo ʇxǝʇ uʍop ǝpısdn ɯopuɐɹ pɐǝɹ noʎ :ǝɯıʇ ǝǝɹɟ ɥɔnɯ ooʇ ʎɐʍ ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ןןǝʇ oʇ ʍoɥ˙˙˙|http://hotlinktest.com/

Vehicles
      '14 BMW M235i
      05-07-2012 12:22 AM #2
      Well, they do have some PS2 games up in the PSN store. So it could be just a straight port. I'd buy an HD remake though.
      Previously in Eddie's garage:
      '07 VW GTI DSG
      '10 Nissan 370Z 6MT

3. Member
      05-07-2012 12:22 AM #3
      GTA3 doesn't interest me so much, but I would gladly buy an HD remake of Vice City. It was probably my favourite GTA.

Vehicles
      88 F150, 04 RX8
      05-20-2012 03:49 PM #4
      Quote Originally Posted by wolfsburgraz View Post
      GTA3 doesn't interest me so much, but I would gladly buy an HD remake of Vice City. It was probably my favourite GTA.
      Yeah.. I just pulled it out and played it again (on PC).
      I think the story really makes it a great game.
      This was probably the GTA that Saints Row was based on- bright colors, crazy people, flashy cars, silliness ensues.
      |˙˙ʇǝuɹǝʇuı ǝɥʇ uo ʇxǝʇ uʍop ǝpısdn ɯopuɐɹ pɐǝɹ noʎ :ǝɯıʇ ǝǝɹɟ ɥɔnɯ ooʇ ʎɐʍ ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ןןǝʇ oʇ ʍoɥ˙˙˙|http://hotlinktest.com/

5. Senior Member
      05-20-2012 06:39 PM #5
      Tommy Vercetti is an innocent man!
      Germans are white people. Look up #84 on the list of things white people like: Gear. Lots of Gear. We even have gear farkles over here. -Atomicalex

Upon my word I have had as much excitement on a car as in the air, especially since the R.F.C. have had women drivers. -James Byford McCudden

Vehicles
      '99 Cabrio, '05 S2000
      05-21-2012 02:05 AM #6
      The radio stations in Vice City is my favourite of all the games so far... TBoGT is a very close second, but just because of the dance music stations.
      Quote Originally Posted by alleghenyman
      Let's just say I like my women like I like my cars - fast, cheap, kinda ugly and beaten up, unreliable, dangerous, unwanted....
      4 coilpacks, 2 gearboxes and counting...

7. 05-21-2012 11:04 AM #7
      I don't know that I can go back to the old ones after playing through the GTA4. Just the fact that in GTA4 you could escape from the police trying to cuff you, while in 3/VC you couldn't.

Vehicles
      88 F150, 04 RX8
      05-21-2012 10:51 PM #8
      Quote Originally Posted by gizmopop View Post
      I don't know that I can go back to the old ones after playing through the GTA4. Just the fact that in GTA4 you could escape from the police trying to cuff you, while in 3/VC you couldn't.
      IDK... sure the drowning in water and not being able to climb fences things are a bit off putting now. But once you remember them you get right back in the old grove.
      It has been so long since I played that the game is fresh again, even if you have "Oh yeah, I remember this" moments.
      It is old and comfortable but somehow new- like going back and banging your first love.
      Granted, it is work digging up her grave.. but once you get past the smell, it is just like you always remembered.
      Last edited by BRealistic; 05-21-2012 at 11:21 PM.

9. Senior Member
      05-22-2012 07:05 AM #9
      Quote Originally Posted by BRealistic View Post
      Granted, it is work digging up her grave.. but once you get past the smell, it is just like you always remembered.

Germans are white people. Look up #84 on the list of things white people like: Gear. Lots of Gear. We even have gear farkles over here. -Atomicalex

Upon my word I have had as much excitement on a car as in the air, especially since the R.F.C. have had women drivers. -James Byford McCudden