Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Mystery sound from driver's side front under car...?

Vehicles
      2007 VW GTI, 2007 Lexus IS250
      05-07-2012 01:46 AM #1
      Just a few days ago I noticed what I can best describe as a dragging sounds on the front driver's side near the wheel/tire, almost like a twig or leaf is caught under the car. This only happens at very low speeds, like 5-10 mph. Anything over that and I can't hear it. Also, it doesn't matter what gear I'm in (manual), clutch in or out, etc. The only thing I can think of it being is some left over residue from the stickers on my new tires. I looked under the car, not dragging anything. What other culprits could it be? I'm really hoping it's nothing major like the clutch, etc. Thanks for any help.
      Need VAG-COM work in CNY? PM me!

OEM+

Vehicles
      03 Jetta GL & 09 JSW TDI
      05-07-2012 11:42 AM #2
      Maybe that metal cover thing that sits towards the inside of the rotor? That sucker seems to rust and bend easily.
      Owning a VW is like having a hot girlfriend that's mentally unstable

05-08-2012 12:27 PM #3
      I had the same thing happen but my noise came from the back passenger side. I believe my issue was the emergency brake. It sticks. It happened a few times where it was so ear piercing I had to stop and hope it went away after moving forward. It did eventually but the one time it was when I went over the curb into my driveway. Almost like it sprung something loose. But the last time it did this I was actually on the highway and the noise came at high speeds which never happened before. After about 3-5 minutes the noise went away but sounded like it actually fell off this time. Since then it's never made the same noise. The e. brake still works fine though. I'm assuming it was a spring that was sticking and then eventually fell off.