Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Flashing P,N,R,D,S Help!

1. 05-07-2012 05:18 PM #1
      I have a 09 GTI with 37,000 miles. Yesterday for the FIRST time I experienced a transmission issue.
      I pulled over and was in drive, then shifted into neutral. I was in neutral for several minutes. Then went into to reverse. I let off the break and was trying to reverse. the engine was "reving" but I was not moving. I noticed that the P,N,R,D,S section on the MFD flash. I then tried to cycle gears from N,P,R. When I went back to R still no movement just "reving". I went back into P turned the engine off & then back on. Everything was fine just like the incidents right before never happened. Anyone have any suggestions, ideas? To what could be the issue? Anyone experienced this or something like this before? Anything would be greatly appreciated!

2. Member
      05-08-2012 12:05 AM #2
      Quote Originally Posted by vdubou09 View Post
      I have a 09 GTI with 37,000 miles. Yesterday for the FIRST time I experienced a transmission issue.
      I pulled over and was in drive, then shifted into neutral. I was in neutral for several minutes. Then went into to reverse. I let off the break and was trying to reverse. the engine was "reving" but I was not moving. I noticed that the P,N,R,D,S section on the MFD flash. I then tried to cycle gears from N,P,R. When I went back to R still no movement just "reving". I went back into P turned the engine off & then back on. Everything was fine just like the incidents right before never happened. Anyone have any suggestions, ideas? To what could be the issue? Anyone experienced this or something like this before? Anything would be greatly appreciated!
      check with your dealer to see if your car is part of the recall campaign where they either upgrade the transmission firmware to ignore the false temp reading.

Vehicles
      '10 VW CC, '02 Audi TT, '88 VW Cabriolet
      06-07-2012 02:26 PM #3
      Quote Originally Posted by vdubou09 View Post
      Hey did you ever get this checked, what was the problem? I'm currently on the same boat same issue as you and the car is at the dealer getting the MU replaced, the dealer claims that's the issue, the car is a 2010 CC with 49k
      '13 MB C250 Sport
      '10 VW CC SPORT DSG
      '02 AUDI TT 1.8T 5 SPD -Sold
      '88 VW CABRIOLET 1.8L 5 SPD

4. 07-03-2012 01:37 PM #4
      My DSG just did a similar thing. It has happened 2 other times, however this time the PRNDS was flashing. 60 mph the DSG disconnects to neutral (lever in is D or S). The break pedal light is on and I'm practically a golf cart on the highway w/out transmission. It takes up to 10 seconds for it to reboot and then re-engages again. In the past it has thrown a CEL with a message about intermittent disconnect when I scanned it. This sucks bad as if it happens when i actually need it while passing, accelerating things could get out of control. The first time it happened I was accelerating and I freaked out.

My car is 2006 GLI w/DSG. The transmission was changed at 16k miles, not sure about the mechatronic or the software rev. 76k miles so I'm out of warranty. Is there any info on a DSG firmware flash or recall so I can call up the dealer?

Any pointers? 10x

Vehicles
      '10 VW CC, '02 Audi TT, '88 VW Cabriolet
      07-09-2012 08:21 PM #5
      I had my MU changed and about 1000 mile later the car started acting up again so it's going back to the dealer I'm almost out of warranty so hopefully try figure it out, I'll post their findings when it goes in
      '13 MB C250 Sport
      '10 VW CC SPORT DSG
      '02 AUDI TT 1.8T 5 SPD -Sold
      '88 VW CABRIOLET 1.8L 5 SPD