VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

90 8v digiII no start..thing ive almost got it. help!

625 views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  mor3deadmau5 
#1 ·
Car was driving at around 45 and just died out of nowhere. Original diagnosis showed it had fuel and spark. I was planning on doing the timing anyways so i just did that. Timing is spot on now, but now there is no fuel all of a sudden. i noticed that the pump doesnt prime in accessory like it was when we first checked it. I took a light tester to an open top fuse in slot 18 and when i crank it there is no power. ive tried a different fuel relay and a different ECU. Ecu was the same code with two end letter difference though.

Where should i go next?

#4 ·
It cranks beautifully but doesnt start...i would think it wouldnt crank if it was the ignition switch?

#6 ·
should i try jumping it right at the starter to test if the switch is bad?
And what about the fuel pump? should i just run a really long wire from the battery to the pump and a ground wire?

#7 ·
Timing is the notch on the pressure plate lined with the arrow on the case, the distributor tip lined up with the slit in the aluminum machined part, and the cam dot lined with the head right?!

#11 ·
I had power in the first place but now i dont..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.