2012 VW GTI 4dr Sunroof/Nav
      05-10-2012 11:30 AM #26
      Here are pics of the spacers dead on installed to hold you over:

Vehicles
      2003 X5 3.0i 5SPD, '14 JSW TDI DSG, '11 Triumph Thunderbird Storm
      05-10-2012 11:44 AM #27
      Quote Originally Posted by NoRegrets78 View Post
      Here are pics of the spacers dead on installed to hold you over:
      I think we may be on to something and thank you for the pics now and the measurements later! that spacer with the large hole is very large, which could be the reason it is longer, to give enough reading to the spacer but not have as much to flow over.

the long spacer with small hole is to keep the emissions as clean as possible but if it is pulled too far away it wont have enough exhaust flow to get a reading and you will trip a CEL for that code.

Kaban, any soot on your pipes indicating a leak? If it's bank 2 related to the CEL you can basically track it down to the area between the 2nd o2 (pre cat) on your car and the turbo flange on your downpipe. Check for leaks there, and even the connections for the BFI spacer you used there, remember those are all threaded connections which could use probably some anti seize or paste on the threads to keep it all sealed 100%.
      Quote Originally Posted by Senor Pelligro
      It's a car for a fashion forward, style conscious guy that's always looking for the season's hottest accessory. A guy that watches Project Runway, reads TMZ, and drinks Cosmos.

It's simply fabulous, sweetie.

Vehicles
      mk5 tsi hatchback
      05-10-2012 02:00 PM #28
      Quote Originally Posted by Ricky Bobby View Post
      Kaban, any soot on your pipes indicating a leak? If it's bank 2 related to the CEL you can basically track it down to the area between the 2nd o2 (pre cat) on your car and the turbo flange on your downpipe. Check for leaks there, and even the connections for the BFI spacer you used there, remember those are all threaded connections which could use probably some anti seize or paste on the threads to keep it all sealed 100%.
      Soot was the 1st thing I check, nothing. There is definitely a leak, I can hear it once I get in the throttle and the cel came back on after 20 miles. Need to get it on the lift and give everything a once over with paste/sealer.

4. Member
      Vehicles
      05-10-2012 05:58 PM #29
      Pre cat

Post cat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vehicles
      14 GLI Edition 30
      05-10-2012 08:20 PM #30
      i could use some help too, im getting pissed with the damn apr downpipe. i installed the 42dd spacer and still popping codes. it requires another spacer elsewhere to trick it?

6. Member
      Vehicles
      05-10-2012 09:13 PM #31
      Quote Originally Posted by 84cabbydroptop View Post
      i could use some help too, im getting pissed with the damn apr downpipe. i installed the 42dd spacer and still popping codes. it requires another spacer elsewhere to trick it?
      Need two spacers. One pre cat one post cat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vehicles
      05-11-2012 08:19 AM #32
      so it's about 1.25 inch length spacer in the rear with a small jet and a 1.75 inch in the front with a larger jet?

or is it 1 1/8 in the rear and 1.5 inch in the front length?

I know it was a tight space under there with a measuring tape and i thank you for the measurements!

I'm just trying to come to some collective solutions on how to fix this permanently, and I think we can come to the conclusion that the distance from the exhaust stream on the 2nd o2 sensor needs to be farther than the last o2, BUT the jet needs to be smaller on the 3rd o2 sensor.

I think the combo Kaban has done is perfect, if he can solve his exhaust leak and the P0296 code (not sure what that relates to). However, if he is still having issues, we can troubleshoot further and I would venture to say that using a 420002 nonfouler on the 2nd o2 in conjunction with his BFI spacer, may do well to pull that sensor out far enough, YET leave a big enough "sniffer hole" to get a reading on that sensor.

EDIT: If you look closely at the hole on the BFI spacer, it looks to be the diameter of the smallest insert on the RAI spacer. Perhaps that needs to be drilled out more for more flow? The pics NoRegrets78 posted show a hole diameter on the pre-cat o2 to be approx the size of the RAI middle jet, and the post o2 hole diameter to be approx the size of the smallest jet.

Now when looking at Virtuals photos, I can see why he needed additional non-foulers, if you look at the hole on the Wayne angle block, it is approx the size of the biggest jet on the RAI spacer! This spacer alone flows too much exhaust stream, which is why he uses nonfoulers on top of the spacer.

Again these are just my opinions and once I get my garage cleaned up enough (I just bought a house and I'm getting married) and some parts I ordered in my hands I can do some playing around myself, sorry to be using you guys as guinea pigs!
      Last edited by Ricky Bobby; 05-11-2012 at 08:34 AM.
      It's a car for a fashion forward, style conscious guy that's always looking for the season's hottest accessory. A guy that watches Project Runway, reads TMZ, and drinks Cosmos.

Vehicles
      mk5 tsi hatchback
      05-11-2012 09:06 AM #33
      Managed to track down my leak last night. That damn pesky 1st o2 bung plug again. Had it tack welded in place, codes are gone and I'm CEL free. I want to put a few more hundred miles on the car before I say I defeated the p420, but so far so good.

To add to my setup details, both of my spacers are set away from the exhaust stream so they are both facing toward the front of the car.

9. Member
      Vehicles
      05-11-2012 09:06 AM #34
      1 1/2 Front, 1 1/8 rear from my perspective. Sorry they weren't more dead on, working on jack stands.

Vehicles
      05-11-2012 10:31 AM #35
      Quote Originally Posted by kaban View Post
      Managed to track down my leak last night. That damn pesky 1st o2 bung plug again. Had it tack welded in place, codes are gone and I'm CEL free. I want to put a few more hundred miles on the car before I say I defeated the p420, but so far so good.

To add to my setup details, both of my spacers are set away from the exhaust stream so they are both facing toward the front of the car.

Awesome to hear you fixed it! Keep us filled in and check your car for soft codes after 500-1000 miles or so! I will be doing a new exhaust setup soon and will be using some blue loctite on the threads of the o2 bung plug I believe, just to keep it from backing out.

Going to order a BFI and RAI J-spacer as well, and make sure they face the front of the car!

Vehicles
      mk5 tsi hatchback
      05-11-2012 10:42 AM #36
      Awesome to hear you fixed it! Keep us filled in and check your car for soft codes after 500-1000 miles or so! I will be doing a new exhaust setup soon and will be using some blue loctite on the threads of the o2 bung plug I believe, just to keep it from backing out.

Going to order a BFI and RAI J-spacer as well, and make sure they face the front of the car!
      Another suggestion, on the RAI spacer put some locktite on the insert as it doesn't sit snug and will rattle a little during start up, high rev etc. I'm really anal about little noises here and there so I need to pull mine off tomorrow and get some locktite on the insert.

Vehicles
      05-11-2012 11:23 AM #37
      Duly noted!

EDIT: Thanks to MR. O.G. of the TSI forums mr. Ryan Mills, I have found his measurements for the AWE spacers and the diameter of their "flow holes".

LINK TO O2 SPACERS

This is the cliff's notes from seeing his pics:

Pre-cat sensor: 1/2" diameter flow hole, length of total spacer is 2" including threads, 1.5" spacer body not including threads

Post-cat sensor: 1/4" diameter flow hole, length of total spacer is 1 5/8" including threads, 1.18" spacer body not including threads

Now, our next experiment if Kaban wants to measure his UNUSED spacer jet on the RAI, is what is the diameter of the middle jet? If it's 1/2", and the smaller one is 1/4", we may be on to something yet again. I will email RAI and see if they can measure their long spacer as well for length and the diameters of the flow holes on the inserts.
      Last edited by Ricky Bobby; 05-11-2012 at 11:44 AM.

Vehicles
      2009 GTI
      05-11-2012 12:01 PM #38
      I drilled out 2 of the 3 spark plug non foulers used to 1/2"
      :APR -stage 2 :BSH -Intake,Mounts,RSB,TB Pipe :Whiteline -A.L.K. :Porsche 17Z BBK
      :Devils Own -DVC-30+Direct Port Injection :BC Racing -BR Coilovers :Flik-FTD :OSIR
      :Eurojet -Ceramic Coated TBE :DEFI :Unibrace :Tyrolsport :Bildon :Hawk :034
      TSI FAQ: http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?4042736

14. Member
      Vehicles
      2011 GTI, giac stage 2+, eurojet TBE, carbonio intake, S3 intercooler
      05-13-2012 10:29 PM #39
      Ive had the same issue with my 2011 gti... I have a eurojet tbe exhaust with there high flow cat and running stage 2 giac software.. All it took for me was a non-fouler on my second o2 censor and a 42dd spacer on my 3rd o2 censor..

Vehicles
      mk5 tsi hatchback
      05-14-2012 10:01 AM #40
      Quote Originally Posted by Johnotis10 View Post
      Ive had the same issue with my 2011 gti... I have a eurojet tbe exhaust with there high flow cat and running stage 2 giac software.. All it took for me was a non-fouler on my second o2 censor and a 42dd spacer on my 3rd o2 censor..
      Excellent!

I'm still throwing a p0926 (fuel trim system too lean bank1) code and now a p0137 (oxygen sensor circuit low voltage bank1 sensor2) code.

No P0420 though so that's one headache fixed. Dropping the car off at an exhaust shop so they can recheck all my vband clamps, turbo bolts and o2 sensors.

Vehicles
      05-14-2012 11:39 AM #41
      Excellent!

I'm still throwing a p0926 (fuel trim system too lean bank1) code and now a p0137 (oxygen sensor circuit low voltage bank1 sensor2) code.

No P0420 though so that's one headache fixed. Dropping the car off at an exhaust shop so they can recheck all my vband clamps, turbo bolts and o2 sensors.

I hate to say it but the P0137 for the sensor voltage may be the indication of a bad sensor, I had to get mine replaced under warranty when I first did my current downpipe.

Is the P0926 fuel trim too lean code related to any of the sensors? And no CEL from these correct, these are just soft codes?

Vehicles
      05-14-2012 11:40 AM #42
      Quote Originally Posted by Johnotis10 View Post
      Non-fouler drilled out to 1/2"? Did you just use 1? Was it the 42002 Help part number listed from Virtual?

And also, does your 42DD spacer face the front of the car (away from the exhaust stream) or do you just have it mounted up however? And have you checked your car for soft codes like the op Kaban?

Vehicles
      mk5 tsi hatchback
      05-14-2012 11:56 AM #43
      I hate to say it but the P0137 for the sensor voltage may be the indication of a bad sensor, I had to get mine replaced under warranty when I first did my current downpipe.

Is the P0926 fuel trim too lean code related to any of the sensors? And no CEL from these correct, these are just soft codes?
      I did get a CEL from the codes but I'm not sure if it was due to the P0137 or P2096. I'm still under CPO warranty and a good friend of mine is a master tech at a local VW dealer so I should be able to get the o2 sensor replaced under warranty. I still think I have an exhaust leak so that may explain the P2096. I'm going to drop it off with my exhaust guy and have him go over each connection to make sure the seals are tight and probably slap some sealer paste for good measure.

Vehicles
      05-14-2012 04:01 PM #44
      I did get a CEL from the codes but I'm not sure if it was due to the P0137 or P2096. I'm still under CPO warranty and a good friend of mine is a master tech at a local VW dealer so I should be able to get the o2 sensor replaced under warranty. I still think I have an exhaust leak so that may explain the P2096. I'm going to drop it off with my exhaust guy and have him go over each connection to make sure the seals are tight and probably slap some sealer paste for good measure.

if its due to the sensor going bad, a lot of times its from the wires getting twisted on install or uninstall, or it getting knocked on the ground. the sensors are very sensitive, my installer in 2008 barely messed around with it yet it still "went bad".

Vehicles
      mk5 tsi hatchback
      05-14-2012 06:19 PM #45
      if its due to the sensor going bad, a lot of times its from the wires getting twisted on install or uninstall, or it getting knocked on the ground. the sensors are very sensitive, my installer in 2008 barely messed around with it yet it still "went bad".
      Good thing I have a VW Tech hook up who will push it through as a warranty claim

Vehicles
      05-21-2012 12:25 PM #46
      keeping this bumped up from page 2 for anyone who is working on this!

Vehicles
      05-25-2012 11:17 AM #47
      plac from vortex defeated his CEL yesterday, here is link from golfmk6:

http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showth...=10334&page=63

Setup: Stock catback, Ultimate Racing downpipe with Ceramic cat, unresonated
      No spacers on rear o2, 42DD right angle spacer on middle (pre-cat) o2 sensor, threaded halfway out.

hope this is helpful!

Vehicles
      2013 Audi S4
      05-25-2012 11:28 AM #48
      plac from vortex defeated his CEL yesterday, here is link from golfmk6:

http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showth...=10334&page=63

Setup: Stock catback, Ultimate Racing downpipe with Ceramic cat, unresonated
      No spacers on rear o2, 42DD right angle spacer on middle (pre-cat) o2 sensor, threaded halfway out.
      hope this is helpful!
      No spacer on the rear sensor?? I am intrigued, to say the least.

Vehicles
      2009 GTI
      05-25-2012 11:30 AM #49
      Quote Originally Posted by Poprocks01 View Post
      No spacer on the rear sensor?? I am intrigued, to say the least.
      his DP had a cat
      :APR -stage 2 :BSH -Intake,Mounts,RSB,TB Pipe :Whiteline -A.L.K. :Porsche 17Z BBK
      :Devils Own -DVC-30+Direct Port Injection :BC Racing -BR Coilovers :Flik-FTD :OSIR
      :Eurojet -Ceramic Coated TBE :DEFI :Unibrace :Tyrolsport :Bildon :Hawk :034
      TSI FAQ: http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?4042736

Vehicles
      2013 Audi S4
      05-25-2012 11:51 AM #50
      Quote Originally Posted by ViRtUaLheretic View Post
      his DP had a cat
      As does mine. I also have a 42DD spacer. Gonna try to duplicate his magic asap.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast