VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Black Forest Industries Presents : Project Diesel Punk

107K views 307 replies 132 participants last post by  jettaboy_gtx 
#1 ·

In an effort to constantly keep moving forward and developing new products for the most current generations we have recently acquired a 2012 Jetta TDI as a test mule. This toffee colored oil burner is going to see quite a few upgrades over the coming months so that we can gain as much experience as possible with one of VW’s highest selling platforms. First and foremost we will be developing an affordable coilover kit in conjuction with JOM.de that will be available in the near future. This will be very similar to the already available MK6 GTI kits, geared for street comfort and cosmetics with the reliability JOM is known for. Once we have the coilovers dialed in we will be removing them to install an air ride set up in the cavernous trunk. The install will showcase our ability to complete a clean and creative set up with visual interest.

Further enhancing the looks of this TDI we will be adding genuine OEM GLI body parts including: front and rear bumpers, grilles, foglights, lower door blades, and trunk spoiler. Additionally we have plans to offer a production version of the Jetta GLI badgeless grille- another development for the future.

In the performance department we look forward to installing the latest APR software which they have been diligently working on over the last few months. While it is not quite finished we understand it is very close to release. We will shortly be loading a beta file and plan to have performance and dyno figures to outline this diesel’s progress. Further engine modifications will include a custom exhaust as well as a Carbonio cold air intake.

Lastly but not least we have some big plans for the rollers on this project but those details will remain under wraps and included in future updates. In the meantime here are a few shots of how we received the car and some of the work that has been completed so far. Enjoy

Progress so far…

And a little teaser of the wheels-

See less See more
#265 ·
A few questions:

1) Just confirming, to swap the front bumper, I would need to buy the bumper, lower grille, both fog lights, moldings around fog lights and upper grille ( optional to match the comb design of lower)?

1a) I have the Premium with Nav that came with fog lights, the new lights should be plug and play with the factory wiring?

1b) Only modification would be to cut foam pad to fit new bumper?

2) On the JOM coilovers, would they fit at .75" if I want to use my factory 17" wheels and tires? I want a slight drop but not too exaggerated without modifying the suspension.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

#271 ·
why no one Answer the phone on business hours? :confused: is that a 1 man shop or is everyone just backed up with work and don't have time to pick up the phone? or maybe I just don't know yet that it's more of an online orders only :confused:

not trying to give you guys attitude .... just trying to understand what is going on... :confused:

#280 ·
I have a jetta se 2012 and what to convert it to a GLI I was wondering where you got the parts from? and how around how much did this project cost, thank you very much for your time.
Been done, search. give up on asking them, they will just direct you to their site and buy the kits.

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk

#287 ·
How do the coils (for cars with torsion beam) ride? I wanted to install DG springs because of the moderate drop and 'better than stock' ride, but I can't since I don't have IRS.
I'm wondering if these coils (at lowest drop) would ride the same or better than stock suspension..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.