Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Brake sensor wire

Vehicles
      2005 VW GLI
      05-08-2012 06:20 PM #1
      I bought a set of front and rear brakes from a dealer here on VW back in December. I didn't need to install them at the time, I bought them because of an advertised sale.
      I bought these same brake pads from the same dealer a few years, they worked/performed great.
      Yesterday I decided to replace my brake pads and I notice that I received the wrong type of front brakes. The sensor wire had a male plug........
      Although I ordered the exact same part number from years back, I was sent the wrong brake pads.
      Looks like I received brake pads for a Passat, not a MKIV GLI.
      Dealer has not responded to emails or IMs. I feel I may be out of the dealers warranty since I purchased these back in December.
      Question; can I cut and splice the sensor plug from my old brake pads onto the new pads?
      I plan on soldering and using heat shrink on the wires, but I'm wondering if anyone has done this.

Searching this site reveals nothing similar.

thanks,
      Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance & conscientious stupidity. (Dr. Martin Luther King)

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. (Benjamin Franklin)
      last.fm

Vehicles
      AWD BT 20TH and EVO VII RS
      05-08-2012 07:12 PM #2
      Dude, you don't even need those sensors. Just put a jumper wire in the vehicle side plug, tape it in place and out of the way and you're gravy.

Or you can solder them and whatever.