Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: What all lives under the front fenders?

1. Member
      Vehicles
      1992 VW Corrado SLC
      05-08-2012 06:50 PM #1
      Can't find my damn Bentley manual and I need to know what all is under the front fenders. Does wiring for the dome light run through there? And what about vacuum lines for the door locks? Please someone help me. I don't wanna pull the fenders off if I don't have to... Thank you.

Vehicles
      1994 Corrado
      05-08-2012 07:37 PM #2
      Neither of those things are under the front fenders. On the drivers side you have the Horn for the alarm, and the vacuum pump for the cruise control. On the passenger side is the vacuum reservoir for the main engine vacuum system.
      The Vacuum pump for the door locks is located on top of the passenger side rear wheel arch under the carpet.
      I do not understand why some coupes make the grade and others do not. Everyone knows, for instance, that the Corrado was as tasty as an East End prize fighter with the looks of a Benetti super-yacht. The four-cylinder was good, but the VR6 was about as close as you could get to Ferraridom without buying a Ferrari. And what happened? You all went to the pub instead. -Jeremy Clarkson-

3. Member
      Vehicles
      1992 VW Corrado SLC
      05-08-2012 08:12 PM #3
      Where exactly do the vacuum lines for the door locks run? Behind the dash?

Vehicles
      1994 Corrado
      05-08-2012 08:27 PM #4
      Only the one that runs to the drivers side. What's the problem you have?
      I do not understand why some coupes make the grade and others do not. Everyone knows, for instance, that the Corrado was as tasty as an East End prize fighter with the looks of a Benetti super-yacht. The four-cylinder was good, but the VR6 was about as close as you could get to Ferraridom without buying a Ferrari. And what happened? You all went to the pub instead. -Jeremy Clarkson-

5. Member
      Vehicles
      06 A4 2.0T
      05-08-2012 09:22 PM #5
      This help?

From Corrado Diagrams

6. Member
      Vehicles
      1992 VW Corrado SLC
      05-09-2012 11:50 AM #6
      Ok well my problem is a problem I've had since I got my rado about 2 years ago. Been trying to figure it out but have yet to rip out the dash. But here's my problems: first is my dome light. It stays on even after the doors are closed. Tested the switches in the door jams and even replaced the entire dome light itself. Second problem: the driver side door lock doesn't lock and unlock with vacuum pressure from the pump. I can't remember what it's called, but the thing inside the door the pushes the lock up and pulls it down to lock it, has no vacuum pressure going to it. I disconnected the vacuum line running to the thing I was just talking about, attempted to lock and unlock the doors and there's no pressure coming through the line nor can I hear air leaking anywhere. It's almost like there is something blocking the line somewhere or possibly line is crimped somewhere before the driver side door lock and after the vacuum pump itself. I am able to lock the doors as long as I use the key on the drivers side door handle. The key manually locks the locking mechanism for the drivers side, and the vacuum pump locks the passenger side. Really wanna fix this so I can start using my keyless FOB...

7. Member
      Vehicles
      1992 VW Corrado SLC
      05-09-2012 11:58 AM #7
      Oh and main reason why I think the line is blocked or crimped somehow is because if the line was broken or disconnected at some point, then wouldn't it cause the whole system to leak, causing an audible "psssssssss" sound? And that would prevent the lines from maintaining pressure to lock the passenger side right?