Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: License plate light problem

Vehicles
      2006 VW GTI
      05-08-2012 07:45 PM #1
      For about 2 weeks now my LED plate lights have gone out 3 times. I haven't had any problems with them since i bought the car almost a year ago. I'm not sure what brand bulbs are in them but they just all of a sudden started acting goofy. I just pulled the builds out and they are find (no build up and seated tightly). Any idea what could cause them to randomly go out? When i turn my car off and back on they turn back on as well. Also when i turn my car on with my headlights off my led tails flash in a sequence (center of tails outward) any ideas on this as well?

The guy i bought my car from did some crappy work to it and i didnt notice it until after i got it and pulled the spare tire and stuff out. That left me having to go back and fix his screw ups.

Vehicles
      2006 VW GTI
      05-09-2012 06:28 PM #2
      anybody?

05-09-2012 06:57 PM #3
      Quote Originally Posted by Graff3 View Post
      anybody?
      The flashing of the lights is from the cold diagnosis enabled on the car. Disable with Vag-Com and that will get rid of that.

As far as the plate lights not working anymore or working intermittently i'm not sure what would cause that as there are several things that could cause it. Wiring, LED's, contacts on the leds themselves, contacts in the plug, fuses...etc..

If you can try to narrow that part of it down more i can help, but the flickering is definitely CD needing to be disabled. It's not harmful really, just more annoying when adding LED's to the car.

Vehicles
      2006 VW GTI
      05-21-2012 09:14 AM #4
      Contacts are good but it looks like I'm just gonna order new bulbs today. They went out 3 times on me this morning while sitting in my car at work. As for the tails I don't have access to a vagcom so they are just going to have to do their thing. Got any recommendations for a reliable bulb company?