Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: 225 TT AMU ECU question AMU

1. 05-08-2012 10:07 PM #1
      Not sure if this belongs in this thread but it is TT related so I thought I would give it a shot. I have a 2001 225 TT with an AMU ecu part number ending in 018AT. The car does not have an immobilizer, I know this because I installed a remote starter and it did not need an immobilizer bypass to work. This question is 2 fold:

1. Will an AMU ecu whose part number ends in 018K work with my car which has an 018AT
      2. The 018K has an immobilizer built in, will I need to have this bypassed or will I be fine since currently my car does not have an immobilizer at all?

Thank you,
      Roman

Vehicles
      2001 Audi TT 225Q; 1998 VW Cabrio (Sold)
      05-09-2012 07:50 PM #2
      Just because nobody else responded, I have always been told that the ECU numbers need to exactly match or it won't work, could be wrong though. I know I put my ecu in the classifieds and someone was about to buy it, but checked with their mechanic who told him that my immo defeated 018T (My car is also an AMU motor, didn't know they used different part number ecu's) ecu would not work with his vehicle, which had an 018k ecu. Take this with a grain of salt, I am not an expert on 1.8t ecu compatibility.
      MkI TT FAQ Vorsprung Durch Technik
      It is more fun to drive a slow car fast than to drive a fast car slow. - Abner Perney
      Have you ever noticed, anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac. - G. Carlin
      hockeystar17mnj: Yea stock is looser than a new jersey hooker (6sp. GTI shifter feel)

3. Member
      05-09-2012 09:10 PM #3
      try the immo forum on digital kaos

05-09-2012 09:57 PM #4
      They will work. You will need the immo to be defeated if it is off a 2002.

5. 05-10-2012 07:44 PM #5
      For swapping to a wideband such as a AWP is there anything to consider or will any wideband ecu work?