Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    Page 15 of 38 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast
    Results 491 to 525 of 1327

    Thread: My State May Have just Passed A Very Restrictive Addition

    1. Member patrickvr6's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 29th, 2001
      Location
      Atlanta GA
      Posts
      8,114
      Vehicles
      '87 930 '77 Bronco '01 325iT '08 Xterra
      05-09-2012 10:27 PM #491
      You are all ignoring another important issue in NC. You can't order a burger cooked medium, now that is an atrocity.

    2. Member cockerpunk's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 17th, 2010
      Location
      Twin Cities MN
      Posts
      3,673
      Vehicles
      Mr2 and 951
      05-09-2012 10:28 PM #492
      Quote Originally Posted by Air-over-water View Post
      Bigots do not see themselves as bigots.
      the part that throws me for a loop is the grouping aspect of it. does he not realize that is the exact same as say interracial marriage? its the same logic as "if you can't make a white baby, then you can't get married"

      like WTF?

      the whole class system makes it even more bigoted then simply saying straight marriages that can't or don't including child rearing are pointless/dumb/government shouldn't recognize them.
      Quote Originally Posted by Time for a GTI View Post
      Something has gone horribly, horribly wrong when cockerpunk is representing the voice of reason. Holy ****.

    3. Member rsj0714's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 3rd, 2006
      Location
      Greensboro, NC
      Posts
      3,215
      Vehicles
      2003 Nissan Maxima 3.5 6-Speed. 2001 GMC Sierra (RIP)
      05-09-2012 10:30 PM #493
      Quote Originally Posted by patrickvr6 View Post
      You are all ignoring another important issue in NC. You can't order a burger cooked medium, now that is an atrocity.
      That is bull if I've ever heard it. A couple of my favorite burger establishments can serve them however they want, as long as they grind their own beef.
      Quote Originally Posted by Dave Zero View Post
      Station wagons are for moms and Europe.

    4. Member rsj0714's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 3rd, 2006
      Location
      Greensboro, NC
      Posts
      3,215
      Vehicles
      2003 Nissan Maxima 3.5 6-Speed. 2001 GMC Sierra (RIP)
      05-09-2012 10:31 PM #494
      Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post

      like WTF?

      the whole class system makes it even more bigoted then simply saying straight marriages that can't or don't including child rearing are pointless/dumb/government shouldn't recognize them.
      One friendly reminder, don't use like or WTF in your argument.
      Quote Originally Posted by Dave Zero View Post
      Station wagons are for moms and Europe.

    5. 05-09-2012 10:32 PM #495
      Quote Originally Posted by nm+ View Post

      Also, you didn't post twice regarding my question.
      I didn't suggest I had. I noted that your question was redundant.

      Quote Originally Posted by nm+ View Post

      Why is:
      A: this a rational goal?
      B: banning gay marriage a rational way to achieve this goal?
      Perhaps, I am mistaken. Aren't you an attorney?

      Are you asking questions pertaining to a rational basis test, or just questions about why a society generally would want to support conventional families in its laws?

      Did you mean to ask whether the goal reflects a legitimate governmental interest?

      I am asking because it makes a difference in how I will answer you.
      Unofficial Feelings Manager for OT. http://www.npboards.com/index.php

      "I am JIMP."

    6. Member cockerpunk's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 17th, 2010
      Location
      Twin Cities MN
      Posts
      3,673
      Vehicles
      Mr2 and 951
      05-09-2012 10:33 PM #496
      Quote Originally Posted by rsj0714 View Post
      One friendly reminder, don't use like or WTF in your argument.
      because prison rape
      Quote Originally Posted by Time for a GTI View Post
      Something has gone horribly, horribly wrong when cockerpunk is representing the voice of reason. Holy ****.

    7. Member nm+'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 6th, 2006
      Location
      Land of Bro-Dozer Ya Yas
      Posts
      19,006
      Vehicles
      2005 Legacy GT Wagon 5MT w/overnight diffs from Japan; 2013 Mazda 2 5MT
      05-09-2012 10:33 PM #497
      Quote Originally Posted by zukiphile View Post


      So, you've never known a convict who went into prison a heterosexual and came out voluntarily engaging in homosexual acts? I've known more than one, and I barely do any criminal work.

      But I guess you know more about it than they do, right?
      A: You wrote that prison rape causes voluntary homosexual activities. Bull.****ing.****.
      B: Many of these "voluntary" sexual relationships are involuntary or coerced.
      C: Participating in homosexual activities doesn't make someone gay. Someone can be bisexual. Some people just do things to get off.
      D: Participating in heterosexual behavior out in the world with societal pressure and a macho-culture doesn't make someone heterosexual.

      You are confusing sexuality with sex. They are in fact, two different things.

      Quote Originally Posted by zukiphile View Post
      If life experience changes a trait, it isn't immutable, right?
      My dad almost converted to Judaism for a girlfriend. Yet, protected class.
      Sexuality is a lot less fluid than that.
      Last edited by nm+; 05-09-2012 at 10:37 PM.
      Quote Originally Posted by Ducky TSX
      The Car Lounge likes to compare apples to llamas

    8. Member rsj0714's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 3rd, 2006
      Location
      Greensboro, NC
      Posts
      3,215
      Vehicles
      2003 Nissan Maxima 3.5 6-Speed. 2001 GMC Sierra (RIP)
      05-09-2012 10:34 PM #498
      Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post
      because prison rape
      Because common grammatical sense.
      Quote Originally Posted by Dave Zero View Post
      Station wagons are for moms and Europe.

    9. 05-09-2012 10:35 PM #499
      Quote Originally Posted by zukiphile View Post
      We were not discussing marriage, but sexuality. You asserted that homosexuality is not about sex.
      It has as much to do with sex as heterosexuality...

    10. Member VadGTI's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 24th, 2000
      Location
      Hollywooooooood, CA
      Posts
      16,695
      Vehicles
      2013 GTI/S60R/E30 M3 (imported from Nigeria)
      05-09-2012 10:37 PM #500
      I still do not undestand the whole prison rape comment.

      How does prison rape cause voluntary homosexual acts?

      Rape =/= voluntary.
      Leonardo - Team Post-Killing Ninja
      Fizzy - Team My Little Pony

      Quote Originally Posted by Jrod511 View Post
      If I could do one thing with a DeLorean it would be to give Vad's parents a condom.
      Quote Originally Posted by Sledge View Post
      Do you want to be known as the guy who makes worse automotive decisions than VadGTI?

    11. Member rsj0714's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 3rd, 2006
      Location
      Greensboro, NC
      Posts
      3,215
      Vehicles
      2003 Nissan Maxima 3.5 6-Speed. 2001 GMC Sierra (RIP)
      05-09-2012 10:38 PM #501
      Quote Originally Posted by Air-over-water View Post
      It has as much to do with sex as heterosexuality...
      Actually this discussion has very little to do with sex and more so to do with equal opportunities for marriage.

      grow up people, lets address the actual issue please!!
      Quote Originally Posted by Dave Zero View Post
      Station wagons are for moms and Europe.

    12. 05-09-2012 10:38 PM #502
      Quote Originally Posted by nm+ View Post
      Prove it isn't. If we're going to limit the rights of a group, the burden should be on the person who wants to limit that group's rights.
      As for 'proving' anything, I'll err on the side of biology and psychology over the ambiguity of law and politics. There is zero biological and/or evolutionary basis for homosexuality. There have been attempts to theorize its inclusion, but it is based on rationalizing and/or conjecture. It simply doesn't make evolutionary sense.

      However, it does make sense that homosexuality is psychologically developmental (re: behavioral) in nature, and there is ample research to support this. As such, it implies choice - whether conscious or no.

      Now, what we are debating is whether society can regulate an individual's behavior. We do all of the time, and we do it based on our various versions of morality, ethics, and other reasons.

      NC decided that it did not wish to collectively endorse homosexual marriage. It did not, however, vote to infringe on the individual liberties of homosexuals. Do you not see the difference?

    13. Member nm+'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 6th, 2006
      Location
      Land of Bro-Dozer Ya Yas
      Posts
      19,006
      Vehicles
      2005 Legacy GT Wagon 5MT w/overnight diffs from Japan; 2013 Mazda 2 5MT
      05-09-2012 10:38 PM #503
      Quote Originally Posted by zukiphile View Post
      Did you mean to ask whether the goal reflects a legitimate governmental interest?

      I am asking because it makes a difference in how I will answer you.
      This.

      Quote Originally Posted by VadGTI View Post
      I still do not undestand the whole prison rape comment.

      How does prison rape cause voluntary homosexual acts?

      Rape =/= voluntary.
      Seriously, I'm far far more confused about this than his homophobia.
      But correcting it would admit being wrong.
      Quote Originally Posted by Ducky TSX
      The Car Lounge likes to compare apples to llamas

    14. Member rsj0714's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 3rd, 2006
      Location
      Greensboro, NC
      Posts
      3,215
      Vehicles
      2003 Nissan Maxima 3.5 6-Speed. 2001 GMC Sierra (RIP)
      05-09-2012 10:39 PM #504
      Quote Originally Posted by VadGTI View Post
      I still do not undestand the whole prison rape comment.

      How does prison rape cause voluntary homosexual acts?

      Rape =/= voluntary.
      You got it. Prison rape has absolutely nothing to do with what is being discussed, it is simply a temporary deterrent.
      Quote Originally Posted by Dave Zero View Post
      Station wagons are for moms and Europe.

    15. Member cockerpunk's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 17th, 2010
      Location
      Twin Cities MN
      Posts
      3,673
      Vehicles
      Mr2 and 951
      05-09-2012 10:39 PM #505
      Quote Originally Posted by butterface View Post
      As for 'proving' anything, I'll err on the side of biology and psychology over the ambiguity of law and politics. There is zero biological and/or evolutionary basis for homosexuality. There have been attempts to theorize its inclusion, but it is based on rationalizing and/or conjecture. It simply doesn't make evolutionary sense.

      However, it does make sense that homosexuality is psychologically developmental (re: behavioral) in nature, and there is ample research to support this. As such, it implies choice - whether conscious or no.

      Now, what we are debating is whether society can regulate an individual's behavior. We do all of the time, and we do it based on our various versions of morality, ethics, and other reasons.

      NC decided that it did not wish to collectively endorse homosexual marriage. It did not, however, vote to infringe on the individual liberties of homosexuals. Do you really not see the difference?
      actually, scientifically it has been established that sexuality is not a choice. it is a combination of genetics, and pre birth development of the brain. so, its not a choice.
      Quote Originally Posted by Time for a GTI View Post
      Something has gone horribly, horribly wrong when cockerpunk is representing the voice of reason. Holy ****.

    16. 05-09-2012 10:40 PM #506
      Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post
      actually, scientifically it has been established that sexuality is not a choice. it is a combination of genetics, and pre birth development of the brain.
      No.

    17. Member nm+'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 6th, 2006
      Location
      Land of Bro-Dozer Ya Yas
      Posts
      19,006
      Vehicles
      2005 Legacy GT Wagon 5MT w/overnight diffs from Japan; 2013 Mazda 2 5MT
      05-09-2012 10:40 PM #507
      Quote Originally Posted by butterface View Post
      NC decided that it did not wish to collectively endorse homosexual marriage. It did not, however, vote to infringe on the individual liberties of homosexuals. Do you not see the difference?
      It infringes on their right to marry the person they love and want to live the rest of their life with.
      Quote Originally Posted by Ducky TSX
      The Car Lounge likes to compare apples to llamas

    18. Member cockerpunk's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 17th, 2010
      Location
      Twin Cities MN
      Posts
      3,673
      Vehicles
      Mr2 and 951
      05-09-2012 10:42 PM #508
      Quote Originally Posted by butterface View Post
      No.
      one doesn't even have to look as far as Wikipedia to find cited scientific studies that clearly point to this conclusion: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexuality

      pretty lame defense
      Quote Originally Posted by Time for a GTI View Post
      Something has gone horribly, horribly wrong when cockerpunk is representing the voice of reason. Holy ****.

    19. Member Rockerchick's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 10th, 2005
      Location
      Cary, NC
      Posts
      4,617
      Vehicles
      '03 BMP 20th GTI, '84 TD Jetta
      05-09-2012 10:44 PM #509
      Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post
      one doesn't even have to look as far as Wikipedia to find cited scientific studies that clearly point to this conclusion: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexuality

      pretty lame defense
      Homosexuality is also seen in a number of other places in the animal kingdom. Its certainly not limited to humans.
      Quote Originally Posted by TM87 View Post
      VW-making mechanics out of owners since 1957.
      The project - '84 Jetta 1.6TD, 186k+, fully rebuilt, Giles IP and injectors, 2.5" custom exhaust, 51mpg
      Hers - '03 BMP 20thAE GTI, 130k, 3" 42DD turbo back, Unitronic Stage 2
      His - '01 Jetta TDI, 135k. Now has 3 pedals, as it should!

    20. 05-09-2012 10:44 PM #510
      Quote Originally Posted by butterface View Post
      No.
      Citation really needed for this...

    21. Member Rockerchick's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 10th, 2005
      Location
      Cary, NC
      Posts
      4,617
      Vehicles
      '03 BMP 20th GTI, '84 TD Jetta
      05-09-2012 10:45 PM #511
      Quote Originally Posted by nm+ View Post
      It infringes on their right to marry the person they love and want to live the rest of their life with.
      And infringes on their ability to put their partner on their insurance policy by not recognizing domestic partnerships. Mecklenburg County is already working on this...
      Quote Originally Posted by TM87 View Post
      VW-making mechanics out of owners since 1957.
      The project - '84 Jetta 1.6TD, 186k+, fully rebuilt, Giles IP and injectors, 2.5" custom exhaust, 51mpg
      Hers - '03 BMP 20thAE GTI, 130k, 3" 42DD turbo back, Unitronic Stage 2
      His - '01 Jetta TDI, 135k. Now has 3 pedals, as it should!

    22. Member Mk1Racer's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 16th, 1999
      Location
      NJ
      Posts
      19,791
      Vehicles
      '01 B5.5 wagon, '81 Scirocco, '04 FXDWG and too many A1,2, & 3 cars to remember. '93 Miata for S&G
      05-09-2012 10:46 PM #512
      Quote Originally Posted by chris@revotechnik View Post
      I really should have left almost 2 hours ago so I"m not looking it up right now, but you referenced it before in terms of incest and legalities there like brothers/sisters/cousins marrying. One of the times those incest threads popped up and it had a link to states where this was legal I could have sworn being barren was REQUIRED not a means to nullify it. Like basically sure a brother and sister can get married if there is no possibly way for them to reproduce.

      do you have a link to where you saw it? not saying prove it to me I just hate when I think I may have the wrong info.
      Here's the link I found it on. As I said, the law was about void, and voidable marriages, and what conditions need to be met. It wasn't a law specifically about incestuous marriages. link
      Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post
      doesn't really matter, as if marriage is really about child rearing, then they should be more concerned with straight marriages then gay ones, and demand constitutional amendments against them.

      until they do, they are still just being bigoted, and trying to cover it up
      Ok, present facts that shoot holes in your rant, and then you say it doesn't matter. If it doesn't matter, why bring it up in the first place? Your credibility = 0.
      Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post
      not to mention you can actually have a life, do the things you said you were going to do, see the world, drive fast cars, sleep around, stay up for 48 hour benders .... you know .... have your mid 20s?
      Life is about choices. And glad you think sleeping around while in a committed relationship w/ someone is Your credibility is actually < 0 now.
      Quote Originally Posted by chris@revotechnik View Post
      It can go both ways. My parents met in HS dated through college, got married, and had kids right away. I was graduating HS when they were both about 40, my brother 2 years later, and my sister passed away but she would have been out of the house before they were even 45..

      Kids are expensive, when you are 25 you aren't making much money. When I was 10 and my parents were in their early 30s a vacation was camping for a weekend and doing so as cheaply as possible. My friends a vacation was 2 weeks in hawaii and 1 week skiing and another at disney.. (I finally went to disney for the first time in feb I'm 32..)

      Why? their parents were late 30s and into their 40s when they had kids. They made money got to a great spot in their careers and could afford more then getting by.

      When did my parents finally get to where they wanted to be in their jobs? right about when i was moving out. This is a benefit for them now since they are young, making great money and can enjoy themselves but they lived extremely stressed lives for 20 years just for the sake of having children. HAd they put it off our childhood would have been a lot easier.. not saying better just easier.

      I see nothing wrong with a couple approaching 40 then deciding it is the time to have kids, they will be in a much better position to provide in my experience.
      I see starting a family when you're 40-ish as selfish. At that point in time, it's about getting your ticket punched. Are you in a better position at 40 to afford kids than you are at 25? More than likely. But I don't consider being able to throw money at kids as providing a good family experience.

      What kind of a relationship does your family have? I know people that have come from essentially that same type of background. Parents sacrificed when they were young, to start a family. But now, as the parents are approaching their 60's, and the kids are married and starting their own families, they are sharing some wonderful times and making some wonderful memories.

      Starting a family at 40 puts your kids in a difficult spot. When they're 25, and could possibly be thinking about starting families of their own, they may have to worry about taking care of their aging parents. If you've been together since your early/mid 20's, and decide at 40 that you now want kids, I just think that's being selfish, and you've decided that you're now missing something in your life. I worked with a couple of women that were like this. Career driven and all of a sudden 40 was right around the corner. They had to find husbands and pop out kids to feel 'complete'. One of them was hilarious. Her and her husband bought a nice, shiny, new McMansion, and hired a live-in nanny to raise their kid while they kept up their pre-kid lifestyle.
      Quote Originally Posted by Bladecatcher
      I view a good fart in a steamy shower like a thick, milky bong hit. You just know it's gonna cause some damage once it hits your lungs.

    23. Member cockerpunk's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 17th, 2010
      Location
      Twin Cities MN
      Posts
      3,673
      Vehicles
      Mr2 and 951
      05-09-2012 10:47 PM #513
      Quote Originally Posted by Mk1Racer View Post
      Life is about choices. And glad you think sleeping around while in a committed relationship w/ someone is Your credibility is actually < 0 now.
      when did i say that?
      Quote Originally Posted by Time for a GTI View Post
      Something has gone horribly, horribly wrong when cockerpunk is representing the voice of reason. Holy ****.

    24. Member pdoel's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 14th, 2001
      Location
      Pittsburgh, PA
      Posts
      10,136
      Vehicles
      2007 Audi A3, 2000 New Beetle 1.8t
      05-09-2012 10:49 PM #514
      Quote Originally Posted by butterface View Post
      No.
      If you can give me exact date and time that you made the conscious decision to be attracted to people of the opposite sex, rather than those of the same, then I'll consider that homosexuality is a choice.

      Otherwise, face the fact that you were born, grew up, and found yourself attracted to people of the opposite sex, period. It's the exact same way for us. I never made this choice. I grew up being attracted to members of the same sex just as naturally as you did for the opposite. No difference.
      Cyber Green. It's not a color. It's a way of life.

      '00 GLX Cyber Green / Cream, 5sp.

      '12 Mini Countryman S All4 6sp.

    25. Member pdoel's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 14th, 2001
      Location
      Pittsburgh, PA
      Posts
      10,136
      Vehicles
      2007 Audi A3, 2000 New Beetle 1.8t
      05-09-2012 10:49 PM #515
      Cyber Green. It's not a color. It's a way of life.

      '00 GLX Cyber Green / Cream, 5sp.

      '12 Mini Countryman S All4 6sp.

    26. 05-09-2012 10:49 PM #516
      Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post
      one doesn't even have to look as far as Wikipedia to find cited scientific studies that clearly point to this conclusion: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexuality

      pretty lame defense
      Quote Originally Posted by Wiki
      Scientific and medical understanding is that sexual orientation is not a choice, but rather a complex interplay of biological and environmental factors
      This is the conjecture I was referring to. There is no scientific and medical consensus based on research to support this conclusion. They are hypothesizing this to be the case. If you can't see that 'a complex interplay' means 'we don't really know', then I don't know what to tell you.

    27. Member cockerpunk's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 17th, 2010
      Location
      Twin Cities MN
      Posts
      3,673
      Vehicles
      Mr2 and 951
      05-09-2012 10:50 PM #517
      Quote Originally Posted by butterface View Post
      This is the conjecture I was referring to. There is no scientific and medical consensus based on research to support this conclusion. They are hypothesizing this to be the case. If you can't see that 'a complex interplay' means 'we don't really know', then I don't know what to tell you.
      note it says exactly what i said it did - its not a choice, its based on genetics and pre-brith developmental conditions.

      so no .... i dont really understand your point
      Quote Originally Posted by Time for a GTI View Post
      Something has gone horribly, horribly wrong when cockerpunk is representing the voice of reason. Holy ****.

    28. 05-09-2012 10:52 PM #518
      Quote Originally Posted by butterface View Post
      ... 'we don't really know',
      So why are you claiming it is a choice, if anything you should be saying you do not know...

    29. Member rsj0714's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 3rd, 2006
      Location
      Greensboro, NC
      Posts
      3,215
      Vehicles
      2003 Nissan Maxima 3.5 6-Speed. 2001 GMC Sierra (RIP)
      05-09-2012 10:56 PM #519
      Quote Originally Posted by Air-over-water View Post
      So why are you claiming it is a choice, if anything you should be saying you do not know...
      It should be understood that we are representing a minority in this country. I don't know how the rest of the votes were casted but it should be held during a general election, not during a primary,
      Quote Originally Posted by Dave Zero View Post
      Station wagons are for moms and Europe.

    30. Member lonely superstar's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 12th, 2003
      Location
      Falls Church VA
      Posts
      1,515
      Vehicles
      2014 Ford Fiesta ST
      05-09-2012 10:57 PM #520
      Quote Originally Posted by pdoel View Post
      If you can give me exact date and time that you made the conscious decision to be attracted to people of the opposite sex, rather than those of the same, then I'll consider that homosexuality is a choice.

      Otherwise, face the fact that you were born, grew up, and found yourself attracted to people of the opposite sex, period. It's the exact same way for us. I never made this choice. I grew up being attracted to members of the same sex just as naturally as you did for the opposite. No difference.
      This. It boggles my mind how heterosexual's debate this when they have not lived it! Stop telling me how I chose it when you have no idea. I did not chose my hair color, skin color nor my eye color. I can do my best to hide it but at the end of the day I was born this way. And to piss some more people off, GOD made me this way. Him and I are good, it's the zealots who have the problem. Stop focusing on others and worry about you.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdbaK3LloAg

      You like hip hop? Click it. New Vid every week.

    31. Member 22AudiQ's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 13th, 2008
      Location
      New York, NY
      Posts
      1,998
      Vehicles
      MTA
      05-09-2012 10:57 PM #521
      Quote Originally Posted by patrickvr6 View Post
      You are all ignoring another important issue in NC. You can't order a burger cooked medium, now that is an atrocity.
      What's the point of eating a burger then?

    32. 05-09-2012 10:57 PM #522
      Quote Originally Posted by pdoel View Post
      If you can give me exact date and time that you made the conscious decision to be attracted to people of the opposite sex, rather than those of the same, then I'll consider that homosexuality is a choice.

      Otherwise, face the fact that you were born, grew up, and found yourself attracted to people of the opposite sex, period. It's the exact same way for us. I never made this choice. I grew up being attracted to members of the same sex just as naturally as you did for the opposite. No difference.
      The fact is that I don't know the answer, but neither do other psychologists or scientists. I have zero issues with homosexuals being able to do what you all wish to do, nor do I think it is abhorrent behavior or anything of the sort. To me, whether it is developmental or biological makes no difference, but I do get ill when folks try to state theory and/or conjecture as fact.

      But as for the law, I am fine with it. It does not infringe on one's individual rights.

    33. 05-09-2012 10:58 PM #523
      Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post
      so no .... i dont really understand your point
      Of course you don't.

    34. Member cockerpunk's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 17th, 2010
      Location
      Twin Cities MN
      Posts
      3,673
      Vehicles
      Mr2 and 951
      05-09-2012 10:59 PM #524
      Quote Originally Posted by butterface View Post
      the fact is that i don't know the answer, but neither do other psychologists or scientists. I have zero issues with homosexuals being able to do what you all wish to do, nor do i think it is abhorrent behavior or anything of the sort. To me, whether it is developmental or biological makes no difference, but i do get ill when folks try to state theory and/or conjecture as fact.

      But as for the law, i am fine with it. It does not infringe on one's individual rights.
      you even cited the link saying this is 100% wrong
      Quote Originally Posted by Time for a GTI View Post
      Something has gone horribly, horribly wrong when cockerpunk is representing the voice of reason. Holy ****.

    35. 05-09-2012 10:59 PM #525
      Quote Originally Posted by Air-over-water View Post
      So why are you claiming it is a choice, if anything you should be saying you do not know...
      I'm not claiming it is choice. I'm saying it makes more scientific sense that it is.

    Page 15 of 38 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •