Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: 2004 VW Phaeton SportWagen

1. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2004 Phaeton V8, 2011 Lincoln MKT Ecoboost
      05-08-2012 11:07 PM #1
      Hi All-

My Phaeton just hit 100,000 miles. I'm less than a year away from the extended warranty expiration. The car is paid for. The family has grown to include 3 children. After 3 years, I'm getting a bit restless. Where does a Phaeton owner go from here?

Custom conversion of the Phaeton to a SportWagen!

I'm sure this is going to be expensive. Honestly, the car is already a money pit...yet I love it anyway. So, I've decided to think of it more as an inexpensive boat rather than an expensive car.

I'm not a "tuner guy" or anything close. How do I get this done in New England? Where to start?

This should be a fun thread...
      - Bob

Vehicles
      Member of Le Club 2P: 2005 Coucou Grey W12 5-seater & 2005 Klavierlack Black W12 4-seater Phaetons
      05-09-2012 06:14 AM #2
      A quick Google search for "custom autos in New England" returned over 3,300,000 hits. You might also try searching for "hot rods" or "muscle cars" and you can find lots of places. Then, you could ask to see their work, research them on line, and speak with prior customers. You will surely be able to find something; it will all be a matter of $$$ (or, should I say, $$$$$).

Here are two photos of Phaeton Wagons that have been distributed on the web. Both, however, are not real cars; just photoshopped versions.

Good luck on your project. While I have to believe this will turn out to be mainly a fantasy, I would be most interested in the result if you do go ahead with it...

Victor

Vehicles
      Member of Le Club 2P: 2005 Coucou Grey W12 5-seater & 2005 Klavierlack Black W12 4-seater Phaetons
      05-09-2012 07:17 AM #3
      You might also want to look into places that do stretch-limo conversions.

Victor

Vehicles
      2005 Phaeton V10 swb 4-seat, Jeep Commander Hemi, Ssangyong Korando
      05-09-2012 06:08 PM #4
      Those photoshops make it look like a low-riding R-Class. Very nice looking.

But - didn't the R-Class get the same NAR reaction as the Phaeton? Wrong badging viz-a-viz the Pacifica? Not that my random remark has any bearing to the viability of conversion!

Chris