VWVortex

The Car Lounge
    Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The younger generation scares the living piss out of me

Vehicles
      Golf R32
      05-09-2012 04:22 AM #26
      Quote Originally Posted by adrew View Post
      I just blind these guys with my high beams as they approach. They never have the HIDs wired up correctly so they can't flip theirs on in retaliation.
      Did this once, guy in the other car swerved over and tried to hit me...
      Official OG .:R32 Owners Club Member

Vehicles
      2010 MkVI MT TDI Golf, 2000 B5 4M Passat Wagon
      05-09-2012 04:50 AM #27
      I don't want to turn this into a social (it already is?) or anthropological thread, but a good measure for judging how the young population is doing is to look at statistics of science ineptness. For example, you can look at outcomes of questionnaires or studies on what percentage of respondents in a particular age group believe the Earth is about 6,000 years old, humans are not derived from ancestors shared with apes, plate tectonics is just a far-flung hypothesis, the embryonic environment and characteristics of the brain are unrelated to gay tendencies, life on Earth is unique, recent global climate change is not man-made, easily-extractable oil reserves are plentiful and not diminishing, immunization causes more harm than good, my own (accidental, by upbringing), regional, personal religious believe is superior - and therefore it should be supported by the community/state/country, etc.

Try it. You'll find huge regional differences. And it's not the coasts that should fall off the cliff.

Vehicles
      a Nissan
      05-09-2012 04:55 AM #28
      Quote Originally Posted by feels_road View Post
      ... Earth is about 6,000 years old, humans are not derived from ancestors shared with apes, plate tectonics is just a far-flung hypothesis, the embryonic environment and characteristics of the brain are unrelated to gay tendencies, life on Earth is unique, recent global climate change is not man-made, easily-extractable oil reserves are plentiful and not diminishing, immunization causes more harm than good, my own (accidental, by upbringing), regional, personal religious believe is superior - and therefore it should be supported by the community/state/country, etc.
      Those concepts are not related

05-09-2012 06:16 AM #29
      OP sounds like a nice enough guy, but preaching about headlight legality on facebook is sooo...
      Quote Originally Posted by Dave Zero View Post
      1988 is not an 80's car, it's an early 90s car but whatever.

Vehicles
      '14 Beetle 'Vert
      05-09-2012 06:17 AM #30
      Quote Originally Posted by TM87 View Post
      Sorry but threads like this make me
      But, see... this is why I LOOOOOVE TCL... dim bulb kids who think they know everything, arguing with older posters as though they're right and being insulting instead of positing a genuine, defensible position. It's endlessly entertaining, like watching one of those trainwreck reality shows...

Vehicles
      FiST / ST3
      05-09-2012 06:36 AM #31
      Quote Originally Posted by 302W View Post
      OP sounds like a nice enough guy, but preaching about headlight legality on facebook is sooo...
      Agreed. He must be a blast at parties.

Vehicles
      Six Speed Satanizer
      05-09-2012 07:01 AM #32
      Quote Originally Posted by Boogety Boogety View Post
      But, see... this is why I LOOOOOVE TCL... dim bulb kids who think they know everything, arguing with older posters as though they're right and being insulting instead of positing a genuine, defensible position. It's endlessly entertaining, like watching one of those trainwreck reality shows...
      First time hearing the old saying "dim bulb" in years. I'm going to use that today.
      Quote Originally Posted by BRealistic View Post
      You are in the land of rust and honey.

Vehicles
      2010 MkVI MT TDI Golf, 2000 B5 4M Passat Wagon
      05-09-2012 07:02 AM #33
      Quote Originally Posted by stascom View Post
      Those concepts are not related
      Or perhaps they are, and there is a common thread, if you think harder.

Vehicles
      German vans, British sporty things.
      05-09-2012 07:33 AM #34
      Quote Originally Posted by nm+ View Post
      Stupid ass mother****ers have existed in every generation..
      Today, thanks to Web 2.0, they are just far more accessible.

Vehicles
      2012 Honda Accord, Truck, Boat, Quad
      05-09-2012 08:20 AM #35
      Quote Originally Posted by Nitzer View Post
      First time hearing the old saying "dim bulb" in years. I'm going to use that today.
      sounds like a new type of chinese food

OP - go smash the headlights out.
      Quote Originally Posted by nicoli View Post
      Wow... Who says Hondas have no torque?

CRV: cranial removal vehicle

Vehicles
      Mk2 Sheepmobile w/ a 3.2 24V poser swap
      05-09-2012 08:22 AM #36
      Local LEOs usally have more and better things to do than chase kids in Hondas just for having bright headlights.

Just saying.
      Quote Originally Posted by 1.9..16vTurbo View Post
      you should stick to that car your trying to paint

12. Member
      05-09-2012 08:26 AM #37
      Frickin' facespace and all those whippersnappers!!!!!

Man, do you realize people said the same thing about you growing up? And I'm sure you have done a few things not quite legal either. Most people don't know they're breaking the law and aren't going to run out and buy new lights for their car because no one gets in trouble for it.

So stop the whole this new generation thing, because it's not 'this new generation' at all. You're just a bitter old dude, who probably isn't that old.

13. 05-09-2012 08:41 AM #38
      Quote Originally Posted by invisiblewar View Post
      Most people don't know they're breaking the law and aren't going to run out and buy new lights for their car because no one gets in trouble for it.
      Actually they do, I have seen a few tickets for illegal modification to the headlights/lighting.

If anything, it should be an automatic stop to see if you are doing something else illegal.
      Also, inspection stations that allow these cars to pass should be fined and lose their license to inspect vehicles for 6 months. That would stop it rather quickly.

14. Member
      05-09-2012 08:47 AM #39
      So my car came with HIDs stock. One ballast burned out, I couldn't afford to buy a OEM replacement. So I bought an aftermarket ballast, should I be fined too? And I'm sure if people were made aware that they could potentially be fined, then they wouldn't do it.

Raise the awareness, and stop blaming it on the younger generation

15. 05-09-2012 08:49 AM #40
      So my car came with HIDs stock. One ballast burned out, I couldn't afford to buy a OEM replacement. So I bought an aftermarket ballast, should I be fined too?
      Why would you be worried?
      If you have stock HIDs then you have the correct housing for HIDs.
      How hard is that to understand...

Vehicles
      93 525iT, 91 318iS, 99 CRV
      05-09-2012 08:53 AM #41
      OP sounds like a bit of a cry baby I'm sorry. Yes they can be annoying but no more than average idiot driving around with their brights on or one headlight aimed at the moon that I see daily. I've seen plenty of HID's in stock housing and never once have I been so blinded I thought I would crash. There are plenty of other things that scare me about the younger generation than a choice of headlights.
      Quote Originally Posted by Rutledge View Post
      Well, then, I'm here to "ruin" the vortex for you. I'm sorry you hate fun.
      91 318is M50 Swapped
      99 Honda CRV

Vehicles
      2002 M5, 2002 325Xi Touring, 1992 Toyota 4WD Pickup, 1995 gsx750
      05-09-2012 09:17 AM #42
      I did a HID retrofit using bmw x5 kendroin bixenon projectors. With the fact that the projectors cost me less than 50$ shipped, there is no excuse to be running drop ins when real oem projectors can be had for so cheap. simple 2 wire solenoids make wiring the high beams simple.

Ironically, while looking in my photobucket for a picture of my retrofit, I see an ad for HID's, where it looks like they photoshopped IN glare.

Vehicles
      1972 Condor II Autocross Spec with Dan in the passenger seat
      05-09-2012 09:22 AM #43
      Quote Originally Posted by adrew View Post
      I just blind these guys with my high beams as they approach. They never have the HIDs wired up correctly so they can't flip theirs on in retaliation.
      Quote Originally Posted by DarkNeo View Post
      Did this once, guy in the other car swerved over and tried to hit me...
      Ya gotta do it when you're RIGHT next to them fender to fender. The timing is everything. That way they get hit right in the eyes and can't react.

19. Member
      05-09-2012 09:27 AM #44
      Old people shouldn't drive. Middle aged people are bitter asses with road rage.

Vehicles
      04 330i
      05-09-2012 09:27 AM #45
      So my car came with HIDs stock. One ballast burned out, I couldn't afford to buy a OEM replacement. So I bought an aftermarket ballast, should I be fined too? And I'm sure if people were made aware that they could potentially be fined, then they wouldn't do it.

Raise the awareness, and stop blaming it on the younger generation
      LMAO - thanks for the support of the original poster LOL. If you had stock HID then you have the proper cutoff for the HID beams in the projectors that came stock.

Haha
      Sold my Fleet
      04 330i doing OEM+ and fixing the last guys screwups.

Vehicles
      04 R32, 00 A4 1.8T, 88 911 Targa
      05-09-2012 09:27 AM #46
      no one has a monopoly on the *******s... but this generation seems to have a lot more of them...

Im personally a fan of the "English degree from a college costing about 150k total to go to" and then they complain they do not have a job. Well, you majored in a language you already speak, in a country where that language is primary, and its history can be digested on Wikipedia. You read a lot of books, all of which do not really develop any marketable skills, and you didnt even get good grades in school.

Of course your not going to get a job, your a POS. If you spent even 2 minutes thinking about your future, instead of thinking about how to make college as easy as possible and how to do as little work as possible, you may have figured out a better major and would have a chance of getting a job.

I do not feel bad for you. And yes i will take a large fry with that.

(yes there are exceptions to the rule, but those people would have succeeded with any major in college because they understand how to do a few things, manipulate people, position and market themselves and their abilities, understand general concepts of life, business, and socializing, and they are not stupid to begin with. - we all know them)
      Garage Sale
      Quote Originally Posted by emmettlodge View Post
      Nothing makes sense on this forum anymore. So I'm going to go masturbate.

Vehicles
      '15 STi & '13 GTI
      05-09-2012 09:30 AM #47
      Quote Originally Posted by noodlesdefyyou View Post
      she goes through boyfriends like a woman gets new shoes.

no thanks, id prefer not to have any std's. plus, shes a high voltage emotional trainwreck. id rather stab my eyes out with a cattle prod than deal with that.

on another note, what exactly makes me the ******* for providing documentation and offering to assist with the proper install of hids? is it because i know how to do it? or that i know the science behind rods, cones, and the cornea?
      Because you are acting like a smug assclown.

Quote Originally Posted by noodlesdefyyou View Post
      i just found out about it 20 minutes ago. thats what they claim, it cant be illegal since theyve done it for so long.

and ive actually called cops on people having incorrect hids before. just call 911 and claim i was forced off the road because the oncoming traffic lane had someone blinding me
      More evidence of you acting like a smug assclown and breaking the law to report someone breaking the law. Didn't your mother ever teach you that two wrongs don't make a right?

Vehicles
      E90 335i and MK6 Golf
      05-09-2012 09:33 AM #48
      Quote Originally Posted by bubbagti View Post
      HID drop ins are one of my biggest automotive pet peeves. It's a huge problem here in CA. I can't go one night of driving without seeing at least one car that has them.
      ^ this.

I see them on my way to work.. I flash and hold my high beams on all the time.

I can tell you from my observation that its mostly folks from 25-40 with them in my area.

Vehicles
      2001 jetta vr6 1998 dodge ram 2500(sold) 2004 r32
      05-09-2012 09:37 AM #49
      Quote Originally Posted by nm+ View Post
      Also, **** ****ty HID retrofits. I wish they were only confined to the younger generation.
      What's wrong with retrofits they are hid projector kits that are in modified stock housings
      VRalliance #163
      Quote Originally Posted by vwtechr32 View Post
      Don't know what to tell you but. Welcome to communistcorperatevortex hurry up and drink it before they take it.
      xbl DIRTYTHIRTYTOO

Vehicles
      Weekday sports car, weekend sports car, and a suburban homeowner special
      05-09-2012 09:45 AM #50
      Quote Originally Posted by Yak Meat View Post
      Of course your not going to get a job, your a POS. If you spent even 2 minutes thinking about your future, instead of thinking about how to make college as easy as possible and how to do as little work as possible, you may have figured out a better major and would have a chance of getting a job.
      An English major could be a professional proofreader.
      Last edited by Smigelski; 05-09-2012 at 09:59 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast