VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

What have you done to your VW using VagCom???

14K views 100 replies 40 participants last post by  Jscharff 
#1 ·
Hello, as you may have read in my other threads I'm a new VW owner...2012 CC.

Today I got to experience VagCom for the first time through a local programmer. I was able to program my windows and sunroof to open and close via the remote. My convenience turn signals now flash 5 times instead of 3. I now have an option to turn off/on my DRLs via my MDI menu on my dash....

I wanted to get more ideas from the community on what other cool settings can be changed, and what you have already done, in addition to what unmentioned above. Thank you in advance for sharing your Mods/Tips and programming details!

#52 ·
How to turn off TPMS? i have VAG-COM nothing seems to work...:banghead:

#3 ·
Tweaks I have done are:
windows up/down via fob
Rain closing feature enabled
DRL's off
rear fog enabled
Footwell lights enabled
fogs enabled from retrofit

Couple I have played around with:
using the rear fogs as additional brake lights
enabled front clear turns on 25% when headlights come on

Would love to have the option to change the number of blinks the turns take, but with the 2011's the option is not available. One of the differences between the CECM from year to year I guess.

#8 ·
I hear ya. Diff CECMs have their advantages as disadvantages..I was not able to turn off the bulb out error or my plate LED, even with removing the cold diagnostic....but the 5 convenience blinkers is just the perfect amount...I used to always have to hit them a second time when they were only 3

#7 ·
i didn't either! but after reading this post i ran out to my car, toyed around some more and i got it! (dont remember what i changed though) It ends up right there with lane flash.

#19 ·
Happy you like the thread. But I didn't in you spending all that money :) I found a local guy who takes $10 for the first programming, which in my case took well over an hour, then FREE for every meeting after that....U can't beat that!! Specially that I will update these features
Once and never really have to use it again...unless you become then next community programmer! :)

#35 ·
Would love to do the windows up/down via fob and rain closing feature.

Tried to do a quick look on the vag com link in some of the other posts but can't find anyone local that has a vag com and dealers say they can't do these features. I looked and appears to be a few options out there to buy a vag com devices but don't know the difference. What have some of you paid for this? Anyone out there ever get a VW dealer to turn on any of these features?

#37 ·
So curiously enough.... I'm just getting into the ol' Volkswagen CC VR6 (my first VW... had a porsche boxster S once before though, and it's nice to see a lot of the same design). Where can I get a VagCom? Is it as simple as getting a cable and finding the software? Or do you have to buy the software and cable from the dealer or something?

#39 ·
In addition to being better off purchasing directly through Ross-Tech for warranty purposes, you will, as a registered licensee, get fantastic service.

From a happy Ross-Tech, VAGcom owner.

One caviat. If you trade cars frequently and this will be your only VW, the purchase of this product will not pay off. On the other hand, it will pay off in spades if the opposite is true.

#41 ·
Sad to hear the '09's cannot change the number of blinks on lane change :(

My VagCom guy did the windows up/down with Fob, and DRLs off.
I might have him go back and turn on turn signals to 15-20% when parking lights are on.

I asked him about the rain sensor putting up the windows, and he said there was a box checked with that feature. Is this OEM? Does it actually work?

dmcdayton - If you're ever up in NE Ohio, let me know. Sav is the man with the laptop up here.

#42 ·
You gonna bring your cc out to Woodward tomorrow night it's gonna be packed last Friday was crazy packed

#47 ·
Hmm, reading this, I'm thinking I may just buy my own setup and make some new friends.

My background is in IT but I haven't coded anything in 10 years. Does this software offer an option to backup/restore existing setting first in case I screw something up? Is there a thread with all the coding changes somewhere?

I've gotten all kinds of hits searching but haven't seen (or couldn't find) a definitive thread. Also, I have friend with a 2000 passat are there tweaks available for older cars?

#50 ·
First of all, the Ross-Tech coding is done for you automatically, meaning the code is built in already for a specific and proven safe mod. However, there are a few, rare mods, that have to be done manually by changing a value here and there. As I said regarding the latter, it is rare that you would use any of these.

The Ross-Tech program that you are licensed to use with the VAGcom interface is fool proof for errors as long as you make a copy of all of your vehicle's original coding. This program makes it easy to do this either by making a copy on your desktop, printing a copy or emailing a copy in the event you are on a mobile computer that is not yours.

And, last but not least, the consumer service and support is second to none.

Regarding your friend's older Passat, I don't know what mod options are available for his particular car but the following VAGcom can handle them, if any with one caviat. You may have to purchase the more expensive unit shown below. It costs $349.

If you will be using a USB connection on either a laptop or PC, be sure to order this unit.

HEX-USB+CAN
Intelligent Dual-K plus CAN USB Interface

http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/hex-usb+can.html

The unit below will work for your car and is $249. I don't know if it will work for your friend's vehicle since it is not backward compatible.

VCDS (VAG-COM Diagnostic System) License
with Micro-CAN Interface

http://store.ross-tech.com/shop/VCuCAN.html

I suggest collecting as much info on your friend's car as possible such as vin#, etc..

Then call Ross-Tech. They will be a wealth of info.

Actually, there will probably be someone on this forum that will answer these questions for you. We'll see.

#54 ·
I put on the 19' and the new wheels are without TPMS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#56 ·
Yes....not sure why I can't make it work, any "other" suggestions?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#57 · (Edited)
Enabled windows up/down with fob. Rain sensor windows-up enabled. DRL disabled which made my euro switch work correctly and enabled my fogs while highbeams are on.

I really want to change the blinker from 3 to 5 but I can't find where to change it. I'm thinking it's not something that is able to be changed in a 2010.

#58 ·
Enabled windows up/down with fob. Rain sensor windows-up enabled. DRL disabled which made my euro switch work correctly and enabled my fogs while highbeams are on.
My 2012, I have not disabled the DRLs, however I added the option to turn them Off and On via my MDI settings. Will I have a problem with my euro switch which arrives any day now ? I plan to turn the DRLs off via my MDI. Will this work? Or do I have to fully disable them
?? Thanks

#59 ·
anyway you can give steps how you got it enabled in MDI. So you are saying it was not visible before? I know Dan said you either have it or you don't just want to see if I have the option. I already disabled them with VAG COM but would like to know if I could easily enable them without pulling the cable back out.

#67 ·
Just scroll thru all your options on your MDI and see if you can find it.....it'll only take a minute.

Should be under Lights/Vision like in the pic above (if you have it). If not...VagCom is the only way

If you did disable them already, I HIGHLY doubt you'll ever enable them though

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.