Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    Results 1 to 17 of 17

    Thread: Povpack mk6 Golf, anybody got one.....

    1. 05-09-2012 05:59 AM #1
      The 77tsi, 1.2litre version (code name angry fist)

      Anybody got one of these, they're on special again and a part of me feels the need to shop in the 12 yr old povpak mk4 for another decade of shopping, school runabout, no worry numbness.

      Any known faults with the mk6 ?
      How far away is the mk7?

      Apologies for the off topic post

    2. Member sweatyworker's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 4th, 2005
      Location
      Melbourne, Australia
      Posts
      5,800
      05-09-2012 09:08 AM #2
      Mk7 is later this year I think. Interesting motor: SOHC, Steel Crank, Water Cooled Intercooler. The MkVI seemed somehow decontented compared to our MKV. Litttle things like the sliding sun visors.

      What's the deal they are offering?

    3. 05-10-2012 04:57 AM #3
      EoFY sale @$21k drive away.
      Not bad considering my mk4 povpack was $26k drive away twelve years ago.

      What's Way driving at the moment?

    4. Member Zorg2's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 10th, 2009
      Posts
      3,437
      Vehicles
      vw and merc white pos
      05-10-2012 05:32 PM #4
      Spicy Pepper thing
      Yeah I'm a Volvo driver

    5. Senior Member J-Tim's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 26th, 2000
      Location
      Kangaroo-infested Austria
      Posts
      31,670
      Vehicles
      German/American/French
      05-10-2012 07:54 PM #5
      Quote Originally Posted by craig_m5 View Post
      What's Way driving at the moment?
      Whatever it is, I am sure it's for sale.

      To be honest, I'd look at something with slightly bigger engine and better equipped, even if it's a demo or slightly used. Surely you can find one of those with under 10k and at around $21k.
      The gloves are off, the wisdom teeth are out
      What you on about ?

    6. Senior Member Lima's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 26th, 2002
      Location
      Canberra, Australia
      Posts
      30,445
      Vehicles
      MY10 Audi S3
      05-10-2012 08:56 PM #6
      Quote Originally Posted by sweatyworker View Post
      Mk7 is later this year I think. Interesting motor: SOHC, Steel Crank, Water Cooled Intercooler. The MkVI seemed somehow decontented compared to our MKV. Litttle things like the sliding sun visors.

      What's the deal they are offering?
      Mk7 is expected to debut at Paris in September. Following the Mk6 timeline we should see them on sale in Australia in the first quarter of 2013.

    7. 05-10-2012 09:24 PM #7
      Quote Originally Posted by Lima View Post
      Mk7 is expected to debut at Paris in September. Following the Mk6 timeline we should see them on sale in Australia in the first quarter of 2013.
      Does this include the GTI, or does it usually follow a few months later ?
      El Paso? I spent a month there one night.

    8. Senior Member J-Tim's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 26th, 2000
      Location
      Kangaroo-infested Austria
      Posts
      31,670
      Vehicles
      German/American/French
      05-10-2012 09:50 PM #8
      Quote Originally Posted by Del Griffith View Post
      Does this include the GTI, or does it usually follow a few months later ?
      I'd say 6 months later... at least
      The gloves are off, the wisdom teeth are out
      What you on about ?

    9. Member sweatyworker's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 4th, 2005
      Location
      Melbourne, Australia
      Posts
      5,800
      05-10-2012 09:54 PM #9
      Quote Originally Posted by J-Tim View Post
      Whatever it is, I am sure it's for sale.

      To be honest, I'd look at something with slightly bigger engine and better equipped, even if it's a demo or slightly used. Surely you can find one of those with under 10k and at around $21k.
      FWIW Internet reports are that this engine in the Yeti is more than sprightly enough. Not sure what equipment it lacks?

      Also where is ABRZ to chime in on the benefits of small light motors in a Golf
      Last edited by sweatyworker; 05-10-2012 at 09:59 PM.

    10. Senior Member J-Tim's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 26th, 2000
      Location
      Kangaroo-infested Austria
      Posts
      31,670
      Vehicles
      German/American/French
      05-10-2012 10:00 PM #10
      Quote Originally Posted by sweatyworker View Post
      FWIW Internet reports are that this engine in the Yeti is more than sprightly enough. Not sure what equipment it lacks but given it's a VW the less things to go wrong the better
      All Golfs are turbocharged these days, so it's a moot point.
      The gloves are off, the wisdom teeth are out
      What you on about ?

    11. 05-10-2012 10:01 PM #11
      Quote Originally Posted by J-Tim View Post
      I'd say 6 months later... at least
      Thanks
      El Paso? I spent a month there one night.

    12. Senior Member J-Tim's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 26th, 2000
      Location
      Kangaroo-infested Austria
      Posts
      31,670
      Vehicles
      German/American/French
      05-10-2012 10:01 PM #12
      Quote Originally Posted by sweatyworker View Post
      Also where is ABRZ to chime in on the benefits of small light motors in a Golf
      Yeah, what's happened to the guy ?
      The gloves are off, the wisdom teeth are out
      What you on about ?

    13. Member sweatyworker's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 4th, 2005
      Location
      Melbourne, Australia
      Posts
      5,800
      05-10-2012 10:07 PM #13
      Just had a look and it lacks Bluetooth, Cruise Control (Broken in my car), Multifunction wheel (could probably deal with it), Leather Wheel and Gear Knob and Alloy Wheels. Not sure if it has Auto Headlights but it has Auto Wipers which are nice

      Might take one for a spin this weekend. Shudder to think of what they'll offer for the MkV

    14. Senior Member Lima's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 26th, 2002
      Location
      Canberra, Australia
      Posts
      30,445
      Vehicles
      MY10 Audi S3
      05-10-2012 10:41 PM #14
      Quote Originally Posted by J-Tim View Post
      I'd say 6 months later... at least
      Yep.

      Although, VW did bring a GTI "concept" to the 2008 Paris Motor Show which was the debut of the full production version of the Mk6.

      We got the regular Mk6 in Feb 2009 and the GTI arrived towards the end of the same year.

    15. 05-10-2012 11:28 PM #15
      Quote Originally Posted by J-Tim View Post
      Yeah, what's happened to the guy ?
      *L* ... i was going to work Alan into the title and my question. thought about him earlier in the year when we looked at aircons too


      re the car, i would indeed prefer the diesel version, i've become addicted to the torque. Unfortunatley all the demo's up here are priced way to high for my liking. One of the dealers (Austral) has demo povpacks on the lot that are 25K drive away.. clearly not expecting anybody to buy them given a new one is $21K. There are a few private dervs - but this is an impulse register purchase and i'm really just trying to trade away the mk4.

      where's Way, when does his next sale start

    16. Senior Member J-Tim's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 26th, 2000
      Location
      Kangaroo-infested Austria
      Posts
      31,670
      Vehicles
      German/American/French
      05-10-2012 11:34 PM #16
      Quote Originally Posted by craig_m5 View Post
      *L* ... i was going to work Alan into the title and my question. thought about him earlier in the year when we looked at aircons too


      re the car, i would indeed prefer the diesel version, i've become addicted to the torque. Unfortunatley all the demo's up here are priced way to high for my liking. One of the dealers (Austral) has demo povpacks on the lot that are 25K drive away.. clearly not expecting anybody to buy them given a new one is $21K. There are a few private dervs - but this is an impulse register purchase and i'm really just trying to trade away the mk4.
      Keep on pushing 'em. Or, get a new car then sell the old one privately.

      where's Way, when does his next sale start
      Wayne's doors are always open..... just like Mr. Wu's. Swedgin'!
      The gloves are off, the wisdom teeth are out
      What you on about ?

    17. 05-10-2012 11:35 PM #17
      Quote Originally Posted by sweatyworker View Post
      Cruise Control (Broken in my car),
      x 2
      iPad Certified.

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •