VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Had my new to me car for one day, and someone already vomited on it.

11K views 45 replies 35 participants last post by  Shomegrown 
#1 ·
Well, at least that's what most people say about the colour.

I have wanted an E46 M3 in Phoenix Yellow ever since I saw the press/launch cars in this colour. People seem to either love it or hate it. I love it.

1 owner since new in his fifties.
All service records and receipts on or before schedule. he even kept his recei
All inspections
Never modified
It's in incredible condition.
110,000km
Never winter driven. The underside of the car is spotless.

This is my first RWD car, so I have some learning to do. It's also going to remain completely stock aside from a great set of tires. A far cry from my last car.

The steering on the car is incredible. It feels fun to drive no matter what speed I'm going.

See less See more
#14 ·
never was a huge fan of that color but the E46 M3 is one of the best cars I've owned and I love it everytime I drive it. ENJOY IT!

Manual or SMG though?

If manual one free mod you may actually enjoy is the CDV delete. Firms up the clutch nicely and you can actually feel it a lot more than stock. One of the easy, free ones i did that I am glad I chose to do. And easily reversible!

Good luck with the car, don't neglect it and it should treat you well! :thumbup::)

#27 ·
The car is a manual. I'll look into the CDV Delete.

Like all my cars I plan to be diligent about doing maintenance on, or before, scheduled dates.

Thanks for the comments guys! As evidenced by this thread its pretty polarizing. Like all metalic colours it looks great in the sun. I'll post up some sun shots this weekend after I get a chance to detail it. Should look amazing after a full 3 stage polish!

#17 ·
Bound by the rules of TLC, I will state the obligatory "Lower It."

I have never seen this shade in person. It can't be any worse than that ketchup mixed with mustard color that has been known to grace certain vehicles.

In all seriousness though, sweet buy. I hope it serves you well and gives you nothing but great times. :thumbup:

#39 ·
I was just watching Top Gear UK on netflix S2 Episode 2, where they bashed the E46 For the That specific color and the SMG.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.