Hybrid View

1. n00b
      Vehicles
      1999 Volkswagen Golf GTI, 2003 Audi A4
      05-09-2012 02:42 PM #1
      SPECS:
      Make and Model: 1999 Volkswagen Golf GTI, Mark IV bodystyle
      Mileage: 105,805
      Exterior Condition: Fair, minor scratches, minute dent in front passenger's side fender, larger scratch in rear bumper, passenger's side, minor paint damage on front bumper and lower front bumper.
      Interior Condition: Good, replaced standard cloth mats with Monster mats, minor damage to stereo faceplate, minor water damage to passenger's side headliner.
      Drivetrain: 2.0L, 5-speed manual transmission.
      Color: Satin silver, black cloth interior.

BACKGROUND:
      This car has been my faithful daily driver for the past six years. I'm finally upgrading and would like to see it go to a good home.

It has been in one accident, and my older brother and I were able to successfully repair it afterwards and everything is in good working condition. There was some minor frame damage, but it wasn't anything serious. After the repair, we decided to install a Mark IV Jetta front bumper, fenders, headlights, and hood, so it's technically a JTI, but this modification definitely makes it stand out from other GTIs. All other maintenance has been done by me, with the exception of the timing belt and the alternator, which were replaced around 95,000 miles. I also recently replaced the valve cover gasket, front O2 sensor, and coolant flange, so it is up-to-date mechanically.

The interior itself is in very good condition, with the exception of the stereo faceplate and the passenger's side headliner. The stereo faceplate became cracked when I had to leave the car out in direct sunlight for an extended period of time (read: a week or two), and the cracked pieces came loose and fell off. It's still mostly intact, but is missing a few buttons and pieces. As for the passenger's side headliner, one of the sunroof drains became clogged and some excess water leaked into the headliner. Since clearing out the drain, I haven't noticed any more leakage. The moonroof itself works fantastically and is definitely one of my favorite things about the car.

A number of aftermarket modifications have been done as well:
      •Aftermarket wheels, 17" Flik Arctics
      •Cone filter
      •Aftermarket chip
      •Eibach Sport Suspension
      •Front and rear sway bars
      •Front Strut Tower Bar
      •Magnaflow exhaust
      •Smoked taillights and side markers

My asking price is $2500, but I will entertain any reasonable offers. This would make a great project car, and I'd love to see it go to a good home. If you're interested, email me at harc.melke@gmail.com. I'll also be happy to provide more pictures, if requested.

Thanks!

PICTURES:

Vehicles
      More than you can afford pal, Ferrari. But seriously, Ferrari.
      05-09-2012 11:38 PM #2
      What does the first sticky in this section say?
      Semper Fi | USMC '06-'14 | 0311 | 0331| 0933
      Aonarch's Blog!

Vehicles
      Q5 3.2L, 964 C2
      05-10-2012 07:19 AM #3
      Quote Originally Posted by Aonarch View Post
      What does the first sticky in this section say?
      I try not to call people out as much as possible but I agree, this is really getting out of hand here. Seems like every third thread is a sale ad.

4. n00b
      Vehicles
      1999 Volkswagen Golf GTI, 2003 Audi A4
      05-12-2012 10:50 AM #4
      Apologies, I realized after posting that I'd put it in the wrong place. I'm new here, so I have no idea how to delete threads.

5. 05-12-2012 05:23 PM #5
      No need to apologize, just stand up and strike yourself
      www.slimdownsarasota.com - Please check out my new page!