Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: tips for cooking rice noodles?

1. 05-09-2012 09:25 PM #1
      attempted to make thai lemon grass chicken tonight- meal came out fairly well except ive never made rice noodles before and now they are all one stuck amorphous blob... i suppose breaking them up at the beginning wouldve been a good idea...
      AL@PagParts and vw1990corrado of AutoEngineering built 337 - has moved on to a new owner

Vehicles
      a van
      05-10-2012 02:05 PM #2
      pre-soak them in water for a while before you need to cook them. this will allow you to cook them in a usable form. when you cook with them, be sure to not use too high heat and use plenty of liquid to keep them from drying out (water or broth works). happy cooking
      twitter x PSN:zerosaint x MUFC x FS: 18" 4x100 TRD Wheels
      Quote Originally Posted by MrSavvy View Post
      I'll break it down for you simple minded people. VWvortex. The VW stands for Volkswagen. And when you create a forum, admins can create sections within the forum. This forum has a section for general car chit-chat. The car lounge. So you see, even though it's a VW forum, you can still discuss other topics.

Marine Park/Ozone Park NYC - Current Cars: - '12 Honda Odyssey '14 Autobahn/Nav GLI 6 M/T '01 Accord
      Vehicles
      Previous Cars: '10 Subaru Outback MT '08 BMW 328XI 6MT '08 GTI 6MT '07 Rabbit 5MT - '96 Corolla
      05-10-2012 08:04 PM #3
      Quote Originally Posted by evosky View Post
      pre-soak them in water for a while before you need to cook them. this will allow you to cook them in a usable form. when you cook with them, be sure to not use too high heat and use plenty of liquid to keep them from drying out (water or broth works). happy cooking

also, when done cooking them, rinse them immediately in cool water so

1. it stops the cooking
      2. rinses the starch so they don't stick

4. Senior Member
      Vehicles
      LG G2 / Notes 3 / Nexus 5
      05-20-2012 01:08 AM #4
      If you buy the fresh made rice noodle, they are essentially cooked and ready to eat. All you do is run it through boiling hot water for like a min and they are done.

This is the exact item that I've bought many times.

5. 05-29-2012 07:37 AM #5
      I am also waiting for this because noodles are from one of my favorite dished and i always in search of unique ideas to cook with noodles, macaronis, pasta and spaghetti.