Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: no sway bar

1. Member
      05-09-2012 10:31 PM #1
      Is there anything that i can do since i have my front sway bar removed. It feels like the car is swaying alot especially when i go over train tracks or smoother roads. Also sometimes when i hit a bump it feels like my rear moves ( kinda like jumps from side to side). D

Dont Know if this can be from not getting an alignment or the sway bar.

Vehicles
      MKIII VR6, Tiguan SEL
      05-09-2012 10:32 PM #2
      put it back in? dont know what platform you have but on MK6's it doesnt hold you up if done right
      -=MyMK3=-

IG: @Kellen_

Vehicles
      2015 Golf GTI and a 2014 VW Tiguan 4 Motion SE
      05-09-2012 10:44 PM #3
      Dorbritz brackets...
      ///”VDUBkill 2:0 – The path of 2.0T is beset on all sides by the injustice of the speed trap and the Plague of the Prius drivers. But blessed is he who in the name of disparity overwhelmeth the exotic in the valley of the s-bends. And I shall strike down upon thee with great revs and furious acceleration those who attempt to obstruct or delay my overtaking and you will know my engine is turbocharged when I lay my powerband upon thee.”

Vehicles
      lada 2101,rx7,bmw 318i,87 golf gt,93 1.8t two tone,01 flat blue mk4,02 gti 1.8t. 1JZ e21 in works
      05-09-2012 11:45 PM #4
      Quote Originally Posted by apoleski View Post
      Is there anything that i can do since i have my front sway bar removed. It feels like the car is swaying alot especially when i go over train tracks or smoother roads. Also sometimes when i hit a bump it feels like my rear moves ( kinda like jumps from side to side). D

this would def help
      http://bagriders.com/modlab/products...-BRACKETS.html
      http://www.ksportusa.com/b2c/proddetail.php?prod=AE0001
      and after that alignment.
      Complete air ride installs,frame notching,welding, in north jersey.
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/rat4life/
      roll cages,race rally preps in upstate new york http://www.rktmotors.com/Gallery.html
      follow me on instagram RAT4LIFE

Vehicles
      Bagged GTI
      05-10-2012 03:09 AM #5
      Just had my sway bar reattached in my mk6 feels tighter now just need the alignment
      @gtijoey

Vehicles
      VW Golf´03
      05-10-2012 11:42 AM #6
      car?

: Confused:

Vehicles
      Current: 2008 MKV .:R32 Old: 2000 B5 Passat
      05-10-2012 05:19 PM #7

I don't think these things are due to you having the front sway removed... I was told it was from being lower than stock height (don't know how that's prevelant honestly)... But once I got my alignement redone they mostly went away...

As for getting the front sway back in, dorbitz brackets and adjustable endlinks will allow you to run it and still lay frame if you wish...

8. 05-14-2012 12:56 PM #8

You absolutely need an alignment!!!! You are running with too much toe out and this will cause the car to dart side to side over bumps (even small ones) causing the car to turn and thus roll.

You will feel much more planted with proper front and rear geometry and your tires will thankyou for it..
      Brian@AirLift
      Engineer Dude
      http://airliftperformance.com/

9. 05-14-2012 12:57 PM #9

You absolutely need an alignment!!!! You are running with too much toe out and this will cause the car to dart side to side over bumps (even small ones) causing the car to turn and thus roll.

You will feel much more planted with proper front and rear geometry and your tires will thank you for it..
      Brian@AirLift
      Engineer Dude
      http://airliftperformance.com/

Vehicles
      2012 Golf TDI, 2012 GTI
      05-14-2012 02:58 PM #10
      The sway bar doesn't have much to do with it, you need the alignment so you aren't all over the road
      Quote Originally Posted by johnnyR32 View Post
      IMO the best place for mounting a euro plate is in the trash.