After a 7-year absence from having a VW, I just bought a used 2002 VW Passat GLS (Auto).
Was hoping some of you could share your stories of the same year and trim I have. I take ownership in 2 days, it is Black w/ Black Leather, Moon Roof, CD Monsoon Stereo. 104K miles.
I was just reading some of the stats on the car and was surprised it had 15in tires and 170HP Engine. If I recall my 2002 Jetta had 17in tires and was like 180-190 HP. Anyways, some questions I have is this:
- What were some of the options for the same model I have? Trying to compare what options I have from what was out there.
- Can you put bigger tires on these Passats without changing the wheels? I am guessing not.
- What is the preferred tire for this Passat? What is the stock tire for this car..?
- What would be a good purchase price for my Passat the way I described it above?
- Excuse me if this is a dumb question, but I havent been here in a while - are we still chipping VWs these days ? :-) If so - what is the preferred chip of choice and what enhancements will it get me?
I am sure I will think of more questions along the way, but there's a few for you.
I look forward to reading your replies - Glad to be back to VW!