Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: It's been a fun ride.

Vehicles
      2008 EOS, Luxury
      05-11-2012 09:26 AM #1
      Well, hello and goodbye everyone. Yesterday I said a sad farewell to my EOS and headed off into the sunset on another horse. For a while I've had a BMW 328i Convertible, a BMW Z3 Roadster and my EOS. I gave the Z3 to my Mother in February and have been missing having a Sports Car / Manual Transmission ever since. It finally got bad enough two days ago that I had to do something about it. So........yesterday I sold my EOS and bought a brand new BMW Z4 Roadster. The EOS is such a unique vehicle that I still love. Owning one has been a great pleasure and I am very proud to have had it in my life. Goodbye my EOS friends, I've learned a lot and have really enjoyed being an active member here. Here is the new toy:

-Dusty
      2008 EOS Luxury, Salsa Red / Titan Black Leather
      BMW Z3 Roadster, Jet Black / Black Leather
      BMW 328i Convertible, Avus Blue / Tan Leather

Vehicles
      VW EOS MY07 1.6 FSI MT6 Fiscon+ BT, Skoda Yeti MY10 1.2 TSI DSG7 Amundsen BT
      05-11-2012 12:17 PM #2
      Fine machine!

3. Member
      Vehicles
      '07 Eos Lux with incredible Dynaudio
      05-12-2012 04:59 AM #3
      Enjoy your new 'horse'.

Vehicles
      2007 VW Eos Sport with Tech Package, RNS-510 Upgrade. 2009 Jetta Sportwagen TDI, Stock
      05-13-2012 06:54 PM #4
      Dusty

You have been a valuable member here, hope we have not seen the last of you. BTW I moved your for sale thread to the EOS parts forum.

-M

5. Member
      Vehicles
      2004 TTQ 225 2008 VW EOS 3.2
      05-13-2012 09:50 PM #5
      Quote Originally Posted by mark_d_drake View Post
      Dusty

You have been a valuable member here, hope we have not seen the last of you. BTW I moved your for sale thread to the EOS parts forum.

-M
      Where is the EOS parts forum?
      2004 TTQ 225 Blueflame Exhaust, APR, Modshack, Dieselgeek Shortshift
      For Sale: 2008 VW EOS 3.2 DSG 78,000mi

Vehicles
      2008 EOS, Luxury
      05-14-2012 12:17 AM #6
      -Dusty

Vehicles
      71 SuperBeetle, 89 Jetta GLI, 97 Jetta GLX-SOLD, white canvas KEDS/8 eyelett/blue badging
      05-14-2012 06:40 PM #7
      good luck with the new toy
      07 EOS island grey/black/2.0T-- 6MT----no DSG for MY happy feet

Vehicles
      2007 Eos, Lux, DSG. 2006 Jetta. 2000 Honda Odyssey. 2011 Ford F150 EcoBoost
      05-15-2012 09:50 PM #8
      Sorry to see you go, but that is a sweet ride you picked up. Enjoy!

Kevin

Vehicles
      2008 EOS, Luxury
      05-15-2012 09:59 PM #9
      Thanks Kevin! I've been a BMW guy for many, many years and loved the new Z4 since its introduction. I was just randomly talking about liking them on Tuesday and Thursday I drove it home, not planned in the least bit.
      -Dusty

Vehicles
      2014 Passat TDI SEL
      05-17-2012 08:35 AM #10
      Enjoy the new toy and good luck
      Vag-Com Hex+Can-USB Bolingbrook, IL E-mail or PM

11. Banner Advertiser ECS Tuning's Avatar
      Vehicles
      Modified ones
      05-23-2012 01:11 PM #11
      Have fun with the new car!

http://www.ecstuning.com
      :: Phone: 1.800.924.5172 - Hours: Mon. - Fri. 8:00AM - 11:00PM EST Saturday 10:00AM - 7:00PM EST :: Email: sales@ecstuning.com & customerservice@ecstuning.com :: Facebook :: YouTube :: Live Chat :: Instagram

Vehicles
      2013 Beetle TDI Convertible, 1989 Rabbit GTI (conversion) Cabriolet, 1973 Super Beetle Convertible
      06-29-2012 01:21 PM #12
      Quote Originally Posted by sapphirexae View Post
      Well, hello and goodbye everyone. Yesterday I said a sad farewell to my EOS and headed off into the sunset on another horse. For a while I've had a BMW 328i Convertible, a BMW Z3 Roadster and my EOS. I gave the Z3 to my Mother in February and have been missing having a Sports Car / Manual Transmission ever since. It finally got bad enough two days ago that I had to do something about it. So........yesterday I sold my EOS and bought a brand new BMW Z4 Roadster. The EOS is such a unique vehicle that I still love. Owning one has been a great pleasure and I am very proud to have had it in my life. Goodbye my EOS friends, I've learned a lot and have really enjoyed being an active member here. Here is the new toy:

Congrats and ironically I have done the same exact thing! I read this post when it was first listed and actually never thought I would be replying with the same story. You just never know what life brings you.

I LOVED my 2012 Eos Komfort which I added some mild striping, VW Individual badging I got from the Wolfsburg factory, and factory Audi S-line Alloy wheels which truly made it stand out along with the Black Oak Brown metallic paint. Sadly my Eos fell victim to three random acts of violence - 2 attempted break-ins and 1 complete bashing with a metal street sign (other vehicles on my street were affected as well - I was not singled out). The last act ended with a $5500 insurance claim to repair damage to the hood/grille/LF fender/LF door/LR quarter panel and trunk along with replacing the windshield, steering wheel and dashboard. I was so sick over it and decided to move on the day after it came back from the body shop. I also now have a secure garage space to park in.

My new ride is an amazing car. A 2012 BMW Z4 Sdrive28i M Citrus Edition Hardtop Roadster. It is quite a bit more flashy (you will not miss the Atacama Yellow paint), quite a bit more powerful, quite a bit more fuel efficient (a very bizarre fact) and quite a bit more loaded (leather/nav/etc). The only down side is that it is quite a bit less practical without a rear seat, although the trunk is the same cubic feet and the parcel shelf is a better design.

All in all, I love the way it drives and performs. My previous two cars before the Eos was a 2009 128i Convertible and a 2007 Z4 Roadster, so I am a BMW guy as well as a VW and I will likely never part with my Super Beetle Convertible.

Cheers

13. 07-23-2012 01:12 PM #13
      Quote Originally Posted by sapphirexae View Post
      Thanks Kevin! I've been a BMW guy for many, many years and loved the new Z4 since its introduction. I was just randomly talking about liking them on Tuesday and Thursday I drove it home, not planned in the least bit.
      That's funny. That's how I bought the Eos. I was driving back from the airport after looking at a '76 Porsche 912E that didn't pass my muster, and I was passed by an Eos. I thought with the fed program at the time with tax deductions, maybe that's what I should be considering (back then). It was six or seven days later for me.

Well, it's not like you're downgrading or anything. Although I have mostly lurked here, I have enjoyed reading your input. Be safe.
      Now: '74 Thing Acapulco ... '13 Tiguan S ... '09 Eos Komfort ... '02 Golf GLS TDI
      Past: '97 Jetta GT ... '02 Passat ... '02 Cabrio GLX ... '71 Super Beetle ... '93 EuroVan MV Westy ... '86 Jetta GLI ... '81 Pickup LX ... '85 Vanagon
      Future: oh, the possibilities ...