Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Problem browsing by artist or album via MDI

1. 05-11-2012 01:13 PM #1
      Hey all, sorry if this has been posted, I searched and didn't find anything specific to this issue

Just got my new 2012 GTI with touchscreen radio, I think it's the RCD-510. I've noticed with my iPod plugged into the MDI, all of a sudden, i can't actually browse by artist or album. I was able to browse by artist a few days ago when I first got it (I know this because I was putting on some beastie boys in honor of MCD passing), but as of yesterday when I try to browse by artist or album, instead of getting the list of artists or albums to select, the radio just goes back to the screen that shows whatever song is currently playing.

For some reason I'm able to browse by playlist and song, but to by artist or album. I've tried unplugging the iPod (it's an iPod touch) to no avail.

Anyone have a similar problem?

Vehicles
      85' golf - 12' GTI
      05-11-2012 05:19 PM #2
      i had the same issue

when your on the screen that shows all your songs, on the bottom right there should a bottom that says "up" push that and it should give you a list of option to search by song, artist, album etc.

good luck, hope it works out!
      Keep it Sleezy

3. 05-11-2012 06:20 PM #3
      Thanks, but I don't think that's it. I'm able to get the top folder screen where I can select to browse by playlist, song artist, album, genre, etc. The problem is when I'm on that screen and press the artist or album button, all that happens is the radio returns me to the screen showing what song is currently playing. It "thinks" for a second or two but I always end up at the now playing screen, versus with browsing by song where I'll then get a list of songs by title.

Appreciate the help though.

Vehicles
      85' golf - 12' GTI
      05-11-2012 11:46 PM #4
      thats strange. i would just take it to a dealer and have them mess with it, maybe theres a glitch that needs to be fixed.
      Keep it Sleezy

Vehicles
      2012 GTI, 07 Buell Lightning XB9SX
      05-12-2012 01:58 AM #5
      Restart your iPod, I had that problem as well with my iPod video and restarting it fixed it.
      2012 GTI Build Thread

6. 05-12-2012 11:23 AM #6
      Quote Originally Posted by Blaylock1988 View Post
      Restart your iPod, I had that problem as well with my iPod video and restarting it fixed it.
      I'm a effing idiot. Simple restart of the iPod was all it took, thanks! And to think I consider myself technologically advanced - clearly not. Thanks Blaylock!

Vehicles
      2012 GTI, 07 Buell Lightning XB9SX
      05-12-2012 11:22 PM #7
      Glad I could help! Now you don't need to make a pointless trip to the dealer!
      2012 GTI Build Thread