Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Links back to The Car Lounge (opens in same window)
    Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Scion FRS/BRZ is the not the new Supra! Hidden identity revealed!!

1. 05-12-2012 03:26 PM #71
      Quote Originally Posted by .:RAWR32 View Post
      Hahah how stereotypical. You people never exceed my expectations. As for me being a biased r32 owner, think again. I don't wear DC shoes nor wear any brand of energy drink lol. My r32 is only 1/4 cars I own. I auto-x my mini cooper with FCSCC. The FRS is not a sports car. I think it's great that they came out with a rwd coupe. It's definetly overdue but here's the problem. The car industry has really stepped it up. V6 mustangs and camaros come 305-323 out of the box. If the FRS have a 50/50 weight distribution while weighing in at 2400lbs I'd be much more impressed. But as of right now it's over priced under powered and seriously over rated. It's cute tho :] I can see a good amount of girls buying into it. If you think I'm wrong, prove it. Just keep it off the streets and take it to the track. Oh and try to stay out of the passing lanes
      Oh god you are that stupid....

2. 05-12-2012 03:32 PM #72
      Ooo good come back ;] I'm sure a manual tranny makes it 6 seconds faster

Vehicles
      1994 Honda Prelude V-TAK
      05-12-2012 03:35 PM #73
      No, but it does add additional weight and reduces the fun factor by a large margin. EVO usually releases good videos/comparisons but this one was just pathetic and a painfully obvious setup for their dislike of the car.

Vehicles
      '13 Subaru Outback
      05-12-2012 03:56 PM #74
      Hahah how stereotypical. You people never exceed my expectations. ]
      Everything you say reveals not only your incredible arrogance, but the shaky fragility of a delicate ego that uses that arrogance and the negative attention from pissing people off to prop itself up. It's rather poignant, really. I imagine you're a rather meek type when you're interacting with people who are within the range of a punch. Does our attention validate you?
      Last edited by Turbio!; 05-12-2012 at 04:01 PM.
      IPRO Meat-Director and High Minister of Terror-Grilling

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Man View Post
      The Terror Grill: Part restaurant, part amusement attraction, part gladiator arena, all profit.
      ARE YOU NOT SATIATED?!?!?!

Vehicles
      2008 Hyundai Accent, 2007 S2000
      05-12-2012 04:06 PM #75
      Hahah how stereotypical. You people never exceed my expectations. As for me being a biased r32 owner, think again. I don't wear DC shoes nor wear any brand of energy drink lol. My r32 is only 1/4 cars I own. I auto-x my mini cooper with FCSCC. The FRS is not a sports car. I think it's great that they came out with a rwd coupe. It's definetly overdue but here's the problem. The car industry has really stepped it up. V6 mustangs and camaros come 305-323 out of the box. If the FRS have a 50/50 weight distribution while weighing in at 2400lbs I'd be much more impressed. But as of right now it's over priced under powered and seriously over rated. It's cute tho :] I can see a good amount of girls buying into it. If you think I'm wrong, prove it. Just keep it off the streets and take it to the track. Oh and try to stay out of the passing lanes Lol
      Still going full retard... you don't like FRS because for the same money you can get cars with more hp or performance like Genesis coupe, mustang, Megane RS260... But you are OK to get an overpriced Golf R32 instead of Impreza WRX STi or Lancer Evo which will rape your overpriced golf to kingdom come...

Ok you also mention another overpriced/underpowered car you own - Mini cooper... Even i assume it is a cooper S. It is a $24k car only comes with 180hp. Their 200hp version (works) start at $30k. And you have no problem with that... Anyone can get a 200hp Civic for $22k.

btw, 2 out of 4 of the cars (Golf and Mini) you own also look cute and have TONS female owners....

I just use 0-60 to show how fast the car in general
      BRZ/FRS 0-60 around 6-7s = slow and under power, need to make post to alert others...
      Mini Cooper S 0-60 around 6-7s = ok to own, np with it
      Golf R32 0-60 around 6-7s = ok to own, np with it
      Genesis coupe 2.0T 0-60 around 6-7s = ok to own, np with it
      Golf GTI 0-60 around 6-7s = ok to own, np with it
      Civic Si 0-60 around 6-7s = ok to own, np with it
      Ford Mustang 0-60 around 5-6s = HAVE TO OWN but you don't own one.... instead you prefer other under power choices
      Camaro 0-60 around 6s = HAVE TO OWN but you don't own one.... instead you prefer other under power choices
      Last edited by Avus; 05-12-2012 at 04:13 PM.
      Windows Vista (32bit only)/7/8 "God Mode"
      - Create new folder on desktop
      - rename folder to the following:
      GodMode.{ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C}

Vehicles
      02 BMW 325 / 97 Jetta/ 2012 Acura TSX wagon / 2007 Trailblazer SS
      05-12-2012 05:19 PM #76
      HAHAHAHA

Vehicles
      2013 Honda Accord EX-L V6 6MT
      05-12-2012 05:25 PM #77
      Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
      I'm filming this thread. Just thought I'd let everyone know. I've had some bad experiences with threads in the past.
      Quote Originally Posted by Fritz27 View Post
      I like when dumb people quote mechanical grip as a metric of whether or not a car is fun to drive. It's like saying McDonald's is the best restaurant because you get a lot of calories for your money.

Vehicles
      '08 Acura TL
      05-12-2012 05:47 PM #78
      FR-S/BRZ is basically a Miata competitor...

Maybe it could be described as a RWD Celica descendent.

The closest living descendent of the Supra and the (pre-SC430) Soarer/SC is the IS-F. LF-A could also be argued, but that is more of a supercar as opposed to a GT sports car like the Supra or IS-F.

The Scion tC is pretty much what the last Celica was in non-GT-S trim. The last Celica was basically a Corolla with a sporty body, if I'm not mistaken; the GT-S was the Corolla XR-S's equivalent.

05-12-2012 06:04 PM #79
      Quote Originally Posted by Lifelong Obsession View Post
      FR-S/BRZ is basically a Miata competitor...
      Which is fine with me. I've never really cared for the Miata or its competitors, but have always thought a cheap car built with the sole intention of being a simple and cheap drivers car would be cool to own. The FRS does all that and is attractive (imo) to boot.
      Last edited by 302W; 05-12-2012 at 09:45 PM. Reason: Grammar
      Quote Originally Posted by Dave Zero View Post
      1988 is not an 80's car, it's an early 90s car but whatever.

Vehicles
      '08 Acura TL
      05-12-2012 06:52 PM #80
      Quote Originally Posted by 302W View Post
      Which is fine with me. I've never really cared for the Miata or it's competitors, but have always thought a cheap car built with the sole intention of being a simple and cheap drivers car would be cool to own. The FRS does all that and is attractive (imo) to boot.
      Exactly. Neither the Miata nor the Toyobaru are "numbers" cars - they are about the precision of the driving experience. It seems like all the Toyobaru hype clouded people's expectations.

Vehicles
      '13 Focus, '08.5 MS3, '97 Wrangler, '90 Miata
      05-12-2012 06:56 PM #81
      Quote Originally Posted by The Kilted Yaksman View Post
      Recently banned regular, or sockpuppet for somebody who wanted to troll?
      Or genuine R32 owner, perhaps. Many of them tend to derp on the same frequency as the aforementioned offenders.

Don't worry guys, some of my friends are R32 owners. I'm not an Rcist!
      Looking for a ratty Miata? My '90 is for sale.
      http://www.speedsportlife.com
      Quote Originally Posted by mhjett View Post
      4+ pages and at least 1 death threat in a compact-car comparison test thread - oh wait, this is TCL.

Vehicles
      2000 Saab 9-5 Arc
      05-12-2012 07:00 PM #82
      Id have you know that the Celica was the fastest car in NFS: Underground 2, Thank you very much!

Vehicles
      3B 5cyl 20v turbo avant
      05-12-2012 07:02 PM #83
      I'm glad that I lurk just enough to be a part of this excellent thread.

Vehicles
      '04 allroad 2.7T, '10 A3 Quattro
      05-12-2012 07:49 PM #84
      Quote Originally Posted by case m View Post
      I'm glad that I lurk just enough to be a part of this excellent thread.
      +1 for lurking...

I don't understand the need to whip out the peen and show your arse in a public forum all over an enthusiast-biased car...

Vehicles
      05-12-2012 08:11 PM #85
      Quote Originally Posted by Ixomeneus View Post
      +1 for lurking...

I don't understand the need to whip out the peen and show your arse in a public forum all over an enthusiast-biased car...
      But, don't you see? He owns like the second coolest production Volkswagen ever made. That makes him somebody on this forum, you know? Well, maybe third coolest... or fourth. I dunno, is the Beetle RSI considered cool? And now the Golf R is out... maybe fifth coolest?

Top ten. How about that? Definitely top ten.

Yeah, so, um.. what were we talking about again?
      4+ pages and at least 1 death threat in a compact-car comparison test thread - oh wait, this is TCL.

05-12-2012 08:11 PM #86
      Quote Originally Posted by DrFrisker View Post
      my friend who has seen it in person... rear seats are for people without legs. "drivers" cars have 2 seats. not 2 +2 (half seats)
      Two things about the rear seats. One, having them at all makes the car a lot more flexible, especially for what has to be the target demographic for this car - guys in their late twenties to mid thirties - exactly the age when many will have young kids who happen to fit perfectly in small back-seats.

Second, those rear seats also occupy a cargo area that was designed specifically to be able to hold four wheels. That's pretty damn convenient for someone who wants to drive their car to an auto-x or track day.

What I really appreciate about this car is that they actually really thought about what an average car-guy wants in a vehicle. The oft-compared S2000, while an excellent vehicle (yes with more power!) was a) a convertible, which meant it is not allowed on track with many clubs, and b) was not able to easily accommodate a set of track wheels inside the cabin.

The Toyobaru is designed for a specific niche - if that niche is not you, congratulations, there are lots of other cars out there that probably fit your needs.
      1987 Mercedes 190E 16v Cosworth
      1997 Volvo 855 T5
      2010 Volvo XC90
      2013 Prius Plug-In

Vehicles
      08 Elantra, 12 Focus
      05-12-2012 08:19 PM #87
      So R32 owners think the BRZ/FRS/FT86 is the not the new supra. You guys are ****ing geniuses.
      Quote Originally Posted by koidragon1980 View Post
      If Jesus is your pilot, then irony is your vehicle.

Vehicles
      2010 Golf TDI 4DR MT6 SB 1989 AW11 MR2 4AGE 150whp 2250lbs
      05-12-2012 09:24 PM #88
      Quote Originally Posted by DJMRDARK View Post
      So anyone who doesn't like this car as much as you do has a small dick? You go around measuring dicks or something?

And no the FRS/BRZ is not a sportscar. It is a sporty coupe. "Sportscar" gets used so generally these days that people forget what it really is. And exciting is relative. Some people have different expectations.
      Oh lay off the BS that "this car isnt a sports car." Seriously. There is no official definition of a sports car, and every tool who presumes to proclaim one invariably sounds like an idiot. And by most definitions, this car is easily defined as one. Designed from ground up with performance in mind. Compromises toward handling and performance over practicality.

19. Banned
      Shytcago, IL - hell hole of all hell holes
      Vehicles
      74 Subaru DL, 78 280Z,94 Sentra SER, 86 CRX Si, 86 Suzuki 700 Intruder (still own) 07 Fit (still own
      05-12-2012 09:29 PM #89
      We all know there has been a lot of hype about this car. Having owned a MK3 Supra I find peoples posts on the new FRS Hilarious! First and foremost. Hate to break it to ya, but guess what. Brand spanking new car models don't have huge aftermarket support. Secondly to turbo a N/A engine requires tons of work. Even the STI version is going to be 250 N/A. Not to mention whether or not the Tranny or Engine Internals can take it.(Doubtful) So by all means I encourage all you fan boys to spend 25k on a new car to find out you need a another 10k-15K to keep up with a chipped GTI. Lol
      As for handling just because it's rwd doesn't mean its a sports car. The only reason I could see somebody buying one is strictly cosmetic.. and that's when it hit me! The FRS is not a supra, nor a miata...don't be fooled. It's just another Celica! They both just look fast.. lol If you want a real animal get a M1. I rest my case
      You really got to the party late, if you're going to start comparing a car equipped with a 4 banger to a Supra. Although I'd have no problem picking the FR-S or BRZ over the old gas guzzling Supra.

20. 05-12-2012 09:36 PM #90
      We all know there has been a lot of hype about this car. Having owned a R32 I find peoples posts on the new FRS Hilarious! First and foremost. Hate to break it to ya, but guess what. Brand spanking new car models don't have huge aftermarket support. Secondly to turbo a N/A engine requires tons of work. Even the STI version is going to be 250 N/A. Not to mention whether or not the Tranny or Engine Internals can take it.(Doubtful) So by all means I encourage all you fan boys to spend 25k on a new car to find out you need a another 10k-15K to keep up with a chipped GTI. Lol
      As for handling just because it's rwd doesn't mean its a sports car. The only reason I could see somebody buying one is strictly cosmetic.. and that's when it hit me! The FRS is not a celica, nor a miata...don't be fooled. It's just another McLaren F1! They both just look fast.. lol If you want a real animal get a TT. I rest my case

What Would Jeremy Do?

Vehicles
      05-12-2012 09:39 PM #91
      Haha. Look at the little 4 year old. Soo cute.

Vehicles
      05-12-2012 09:43 PM #92
      Quote Originally Posted by 302W View Post
      Which is fine with me. I've never really cared for the Miata or it's competitors, but have always thought a cheap car built with the sole intention of being a simple and cheap drivers car would be cool to own. The FRS does all that and is attractive (imo) to boot.

23. 05-12-2012 10:01 PM #93
      Lmao!!! Keep calling me names.. Every shot in the dark you take won't make your new car any faster. And this time try to pay close attention to my post. I never said my r32 is a god like supreme sports car. It's a perfect all around dd. Much more comfy than the cars I track. As for 0-60 times you sir have the intellect of a Neanderthal.(That means Caveman) Most cars are given tall 1st and 2nd gears to improve statistics on paper. That's why the new wrx is faster than the sti to 60. Keep in mind a good shift is .5 seconds on average. Making a 3rd shift to get to 60 slows you down, on a track it's completely subjective. Having a strong pull in 3rd is more important than going 0-60. As for my mini being 180Hp that as well is a silly argument.it's a Much lighter more rigid car. 10lbs of more torque and supercharged which leaves a decent amount of room for upgrades. 300hp seems to be the most I've ever seen SC. I picked my mini up for 12k used and spent the rest making it track ready. The thing tho is if my car was n/a and 800lbs heavier it would take a lot more effort to make it more than sporty. I'm going to get some sleep but let me leave you with this. Are you trying to convince me that this car isn't crap, or yourself?

Vehicles
      05-12-2012 10:04 PM #94
      Are you trying to convince me that this car isn't crap, or yourself?
      You started this giant river of forum diarrhea, not us.

25. 05-12-2012 10:10 PM #95
      Quote Originally Posted by RogueTDI View Post
      Oh lay off the BS that "this car isnt a sports car." Seriously. There is no official definition of a sports car, and every tool who presumes to proclaim one invariably sounds like an idiot. And by most definitions, this car is easily defined as one. Designed from ground up with performance in mind. Compromises toward handling and performance over practicality.
      The classic definition is a 2-door 2-seater. But a know it all like yourself already knew that, right? Of course you didn't. Lay off the name calling. It only makes you look like the idiot.

To the car, no it is not defined for performance. But it is designed for good handling. "Performance" implies it has the "go" to match, which it does not.
      Quote Originally Posted by Fritz27 View Post
      You're a self-serving Japanese car-hating asshat.
      I drive two Japanese cars.

05-12-2012 10:21 PM #96
      As for my mini being 180Hp that as well is a silly argument.it's a Much lighter more rigid car. 10lbs of more torque and supercharged which leaves a decent amount of room for upgrades.
      Mini S; 172HP/2600+ lbs, 62/38% F/R
      FRS; 197HP/2600+ lbs, 53/47% F/R

You're so stupid it hurts.
      1997 Volvo 855 T5
      2010 Volvo XC90
      2013 Prius Plug-In

Vehicles
      05-12-2012 10:25 PM #97
      The classic definition is a 2-door 2-seater. But a know it all like yourself already knew that, right? Of course you didn't. Lay off the name calling. It only makes you look like the idiot.

To the car, no it is not defined for performance. But it is designed for good handling. "Performance" implies it has the "go" to match, which it does not.
      Riiight. So if it doesnt have your definition of "go to match" now, its not a sports car (and historically speaking, 6s to 60 is hardly lacking). And as has been ahown already here, plenty of pure bred sports cars dont meet your "definition" of sports car. No, i didnt know which definition of sports car you preferred to adopt, considering there is no official one.
      Last edited by RogueTDI; 05-12-2012 at 10:32 PM.

Vehicles
      ///M Roadster
      05-13-2012 01:52 AM #98
      Quote Originally Posted by zhenya00 View Post
      Mini S; 172HP/2600+ lbs, 62/38% F/R
      FRS; 197HP/2600+ lbs, 53/47% F/R

You're so stupid it hurts.
      FRS is 2800+ lbs brah.

05-13-2012 02:06 AM #99
      Quote Originally Posted by 20aeman View Post
      FRS is 2800+ lbs brah.
      Various sources state a range of 2600-2760.

Cooper S at high 2600's.

In any case, it doesn't change the point. If a Cooper S is fast enough, the FRS doesn't need to lose 400lbs to be enjoyable, especially with a 25hp advantage.
      1997 Volvo 855 T5
      2010 Volvo XC90
      2013 Prius Plug-In

Vehicles
      1994 Honda Prelude V-TAK
      05-13-2012 03:19 AM #100

you're a joke..like honest as big of a joke as peteGTI, teklord and der shaltwerks and jlp combined....like bigger than all those...the amount of failure and 0 car knowledge you have is so prevalent, so obvious, so stick out of a crowd batsh!t right in front of your face is incredibly sad and hilarious that you're still not banned.

We understand, you don't like the FR-S/BRZ. Great. Good for you, nobody gives a damn but until now(yes, i've been keeping up with all your failure responses on anything fr-s/brz related over the last few months) you have provided absolutely 0, and i mean ZERO reason for your hate other than the lack of HP which has been addressed time, and time again.

Please, do us all a favour and at least change your username so you can maybe...just maybe gain a little more respect on these boards so that people might respect your opinion. BTW, that's a HUGE might

Vehicles
      BMW E39
      05-13-2012 04:58 AM #101
      Quote Originally Posted by TetsuoShima View Post
      you're a joke..like honest as big of a joke as peteGTI, teklord and der shaltwerks and jlp combined....like bigger than all those...the amount of failure and 0 car knowledge you have is so prevalent, so obvious, so stick out of a crowd batsh!t right in front of your face is incredibly sad and hilarious that you're still not banned.

We understand, you don't like the FR-S/BRZ. Great. Good for you, nobody gives a damn but until now(yes, i've been keeping up with all your failure responses on anything fr-s/brz related over the last few months) you have provided absolutely 0, and i mean ZERO reason for your hate other than the lack of HP which has been addressed time, and time again.

Please, do us all a favour and at least change your username so you can maybe...just maybe gain a little more respect on these boards so that people might respect your opinion. BTW, that's a HUGE might

I have to agree and NOT categorize the FRS as a "sports car". Wait..but its RWD! well, just because it is RWD it does not mean sports car. Was the Nissan 240sx a sports car? Nope. FRS is just the same as the Celica..They are all "Sporty" cars. Besides its a Scion. Since when does Scion build sports cars? Same with the BRZ..(yes the make fast cars like the STI) but none are true "sports cars" and neither is the BRZ.

Vehicles
      2010 Toyota iQ GRMN
      05-13-2012 05:01 AM #102
      Modified ones are showing up to track days already! I took this picture 4 hours ago.

The guy seemed to have no trouble with the S2000s, Roadsters and Z-cars.

Surprisingly quiet, though.

05-13-2012 05:07 AM #103
      The main reason I like the brz/frs, and why i'm going to go test drive one next week to compare to my s2000...is that like the s2000 its better than any vw ever made, bar none, no rational argument can be made in opposition to that scientific fact...

and I've owned many a vw, no more...I like good cars now
      Last edited by WAR_GTI; 05-13-2012 at 05:09 AM.

34. 05-13-2012 07:29 AM #104
      3 pages. OP is better than I thought.
      Last edited by bbk; 05-13-2012 at 07:31 AM.

05-13-2012 07:43 AM #105
      Quote Originally Posted by zhenya00 View Post
      Various sources state a range of 2600-2760.
      The official sites have the FR-S at 2758 with a manual and Cooper S at 2668 again with a manual. Hardly an earth shattering difference there.
      Quote Originally Posted by Dave Zero View Post
      1988 is not an 80's car, it's an early 90s car but whatever.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast