Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: EVOMS V-Flow Intake Install

Vehicles
      MK4 R32
      05-11-2012 11:38 PM #1
      Hey guys, so I'm attempting to install my V-Flow intake but I am having an issue with getting the rubber coupling to attach to both the MAF and the rear part of the intake itself. It seems that the rubber coupling is not large enough to get around either so I was wondering if there is any specific way to get it on there. Any help/suggestions would be much appreciated.

I also searched on here and there isn't squat on this subject, and I have looked at EVOMS website at their instructions but that didn't seem to help and I'm at loss.

Sorry for such a noob question

Vehicles
      2004 BMP R32
      05-11-2012 11:58 PM #2
      Take a picture of what you're trying to put it on... mine goes on where it should, maybe you're putting it on the wrong part of the tubing?
      http://r32registry.org/802 ||| Garage Banners
      Quote Originally Posted by donotcometoflorida View Post
      If my science data analysis on current trends is correct, I project that by the years 2018 - 2025, all car's body panels will be replaced entirely by grill.

Vehicles
      MkIV R32
      05-12-2012 12:40 AM #3
      Stretch, stretch, stretch the silicone coupler. You can probably get it on there. I had a similar problem getting the coupler from my EIP intake onto the MAF housing, but I just kept pushing and twisting it and it eventually stretched out enough to slide on.

Maybe try heating it a little.

Vehicles
      MKIV BMP .:R32
      05-12-2012 03:24 AM #4
      Quote Originally Posted by FigureFive View Post
      Stretch, stretch, stretch the silicone coupler. You can probably get it on there. I had a similar problem getting the coupler from my EIP intake onto the MAF housing, but I just kept pushing and twisting it and it eventually stretched out enough to slide on.

Maybe try heating it a little.
      ^^x2
      The coupler is TIGHT!!! Especially brand new, the best way is to heat it with a hair dryer, or heat gun if you have one and immediately slip it on. It'll still be tough but you'll get it.

Vehicles
      13 328 M-Sport 04 DBP R32, 97 BMW M3, 06 Land Rover LR3 HSE
      05-12-2012 08:01 AM #5
      Luuuuube

Vehicles
      MK4 R32
      05-12-2012 11:46 AM #6
      Here is how I'm putting it together:
      Untitled

And here is the silicon coupling:
      Untitled

Now I guess my question is which end of the coupling goes on which part? As in does the larger side of the coupling go on the MAF or does that attach to the intake tube?

Thanks for all the help/suggestions so far

Vehicles
      MkIV R32
      05-12-2012 11:50 AM #7
      Quote Originally Posted by BlueDream View Post

Now I guess my question is which end of the coupling goes on which part? As in does the larger side of the coupling go on the MAF or does that attach to the intake tube?

Thanks for all the help/suggestions so far
      If the MAF is the same diameter or wider than the intake tube put the wider side of the coupler on the MAF. If the intake tube is wider than the MAF you will probably have to put the wider side of the coupler on the intake even though it'll be a little bit of a bottle neck.
      Last edited by FigureFive; 05-12-2012 at 11:53 AM.

Vehicles
      MK4 R32
      05-12-2012 11:58 AM #8
      Quote Originally Posted by FigureFive View Post
      If the intake tube and the MAF are the same diameter I'd put to the wider side of the coupler on the MAF so that it isn't bottle-necking. If either the tube or the MAF is wider than the other then put the wide side of the coupler onto the wider of the two.
      Ok well I guess I'll be putting the larger side of the coupler on the intake tube as its just a hair bit bigger than the MAF. Thanks for the help.