Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Electrical Problem out of nowhere

Vehicles
      2001 B5 A4, 2007 B7 A4 S-Line
      05-12-2012 12:57 AM #1
      So I was sitting in a parking lot idling for a good 10-15 min. When my friend goes to put his window down and nothing happens. So I try to do it from the driver side, nothing. None of the windows go down. This is bizarre since not 5 minutes prior the windows had been working perfectly. So I turn off the car and restart still nothing. Then I notice the dome lights don't auto on/off so I start to investigate more. The trunk doesn't open at all I tried with the key button the interior button and the button on the trunk. The fuel filler also wont open. I checked the fuses and they were fine. I then decided to just get home and when I started to pull out I realized I had no power steering.

Any ideas of what this could be? Its worth noting that I did wash the car a few hours before this started happening but the car was completely dry when I started noticing problems. The carpets didn't seem damp at all either so I don't think any water got to the CCM (comfort convenience module) but I would have to check it to be sure. My guess is a bad circuit breaker. When I turn the car off I do hear an unusual clicking noise like an auto resetting breaker is failing to reset properly.

Vehicles
      05-12-2012 09:52 AM #2
      Ideas
      @colin_theraggededge and @theraggededge on instagram. One day I'll be VW/Audi famous on the internet.

Vehicles
      05-13-2012 01:31 PM #3
      Good to know vwvortex is a good community that I can find help or answers. That's sarcasm by the way.
      @colin_theraggededge and @theraggededge on instagram. One day I'll be VW/Audi famous on the internet.

4. Junior Member
      05-13-2012 09:21 PM #4
      this place is a ghost town.

i had a similar electrical problem. the buttons on my driver door wouldnt work for the window controls or the power side mirrors. all of my fuses were fine, turns out i had a wire that snapped in half inside the grommet of my driver door. might be worth looking in to.

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...de-Mirror-Fuse

5. Junior Member
      05-14-2012 03:20 PM #5
      good to know that people check back on threads that they start.

Vehicles
      05-19-2012 12:12 AM #6
      Yeah i didnt check back because I got the problem resolved and like you said.. ghost town.. any way thanks for the response. In my case it turned out to be a loose wire under the drivers seat causing a short.