VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Golf R's at Pugi VW of Downers Grove!

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  VonSmoothnhiezer 
#1 ·
Just got my 2012 GLI serviced at Pugi VW in Downers Grove IL. For Free! Thanks VW. I was cruising around their new car lot, and behold not 1 but 2 brand new Golf R's. First time I had a chance to see one in person. WOW. They had a black and a blue one. Don't know why they would make any other color for that car. The black and blue look badass. Didn't think I would say it, but almost made me want to trade in my new GLI. But I chipped it (necessity, that extra 50 hp and 100 foot pounds of torque is incredible) and don't want to lose on it so quick. But you can chip the R! Maybe next service...

#2 ·
How is the GLI with the new chip? i heard you can not trun off traction control for the car which has got to be a pain in the ass, and I am looking at either the new GLI or Golf R if I can get a four door which I have not had luck or cash to do so. that is why I was looking at a GLI, i chipped my 2004 GLI but i can turn off traction control which makes a 255bhp front wheel drive so much easier to deal with. so your personal opinion, is the GLI managable with the additional HP?

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.