Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Hose fitting - hard to find part

Hybrid View

1. Member
      Vehicles
      2007 Altima, 2010 Forester
      05-12-2012 08:58 PM #1
      I am getting ready to open my pool for the year, and I need a 1 1/2" male-male fitting to attach to my filter that will allow me to connect a garden hose to the other end. To explain that more clearly, the threaded end going in to the filter has to be 1 1/2" and the other end would be a male that would accept a garden hose. I've checked all the big box stores to no avail. Help!

05-12-2012 09:13 PM #2
      Quote Originally Posted by Varrr6 View Post
      I am getting ready to open my pool for the year, and I need a 1 1/2" male-male fitting to attach to my filter that will allow me to connect a garden hose to the other end. To explain that more clearly, the threaded end going in to the filter has to be 1 1/2" and the other end would be a male that would accept a garden hose. I've checked all the big box stores to no avail. Help!
      You'll probably just have to build it yourself out of two or three pieces from the plumbing section. Use brass. 1.5" by xx bushings that will allow a hose Bibb or hose Bibb valve fitting to screw into the other end.

3. Member
      Vehicles
      05-13-2012 11:04 AM #3
      Quote Originally Posted by Tornado2dr View Post
      You'll probably just have to build it yourself out of two or three pieces from the plumbing section. Use brass. 1.5" by xx bushings that will allow a hose Bibb or hose Bibb valve fitting to screw into the other end.
      Brass doesn't react with salt, does it?

05-13-2012 02:42 PM #4
      Brass doesn't react with salt, does it?
      I'd doubt that it is immune, but it is far more corrosion resistant than the galvanized crap at hd/LOWES. Plus, the valves are higher quality and the threads are less likey to seize together for eternity

05-13-2012 05:04 PM #5
      Why not install a permanent hose bib?

They make straddle straps for PVC That would allow you to tap in anywhere.
      Garmin Is My Pilot.

I am confident you are wrong, but instead of illustrating why, I will just make disparaging remarks about your reading comprehension.
      -Zukjimpiphile

6. Member
      Vehicles
      05-13-2012 06:18 PM #6
      I'll take a picture of the current part and post it when I get home.

7. 05-14-2012 02:02 AM #7
      I'm sure if you go to the plumbing section of Ace, you can make this happen. If McMaster Carr doesn't carry this, it's a good sign that the part doesn't exist.

This is the closest that I could find. They have one that goes from GHT up to 1"
      http://www.mcmaster.com/#garden-hose...apters/=hiy3ft

8. Member
      Vehicles
      05-14-2012 09:26 AM #8
      That looks pretty close, but like you said, only 1". If they had a 1 1/2" to 1" adapter with a shutoff on it... that would work with this one you found.

I will check Ace. Thanks

9. 05-14-2012 12:02 PM #9
      That looks pretty close, but like you said, only 1". If they had a 1 1/2" to 1" adapter with a shutoff on it... that would work with this one you found.

I will check Ace. Thanks
      The other thing worth noting is that if you aren't in need of the garged hose end, you can always buy a barbed fitting. Additionally, you can make an adaptor with a smapp peice of hose connected to the barb, then connect that to another garden hose.

Check this out:
      http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0039B9XS2/...39B9XS22010768