Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: 1979 Dasher for sale PNW $1000obo

Vehicles
      1989 VW Fox 2-door (FOR SALE), 1979 VW Dasher 4-door(sold), 1988 VW Fox wagon
      05-15-2012 03:04 AM #1
      --SOLD!--

Ive got a 1979 VW Dasher for sale. 1.6L gas motor, white 4-door hatchback, 4 spd manual trans.

Runs great, just replaced plugs, wire, cap, rotor, fuel filter, air filter and did an oil change and replaced front struts and wheel bearings.

Still needs an alignment which I will try to have done before I sell it (edit: done now). I have a brand new pair of front strut mounts for it too, the old ones were fine so I rebuilt them and left them in. Currently on a decent set of VW Fox steel wheels which have about 40% tread left, comes with original steel wheels and 3 two piece stainless hubcaps. Tires on the original wheels are completely shot. Could also use shift linkage bushings and motor mounts, which I also have and they come with the car.

Minor body damage, nothing that effects function though. Drivers side corner lens is broken, I have 2 spares one is cracked the other isn't. (edit: corner lenses replaced) Also have a spare passenger lens and both headlight buckets with headlights. Only rust I can find is surface rust, absolutely zero cancer. I replaced the hatch latch with one from an older Dasher, and do not have a key for it old latch included, but didn't work (wouldn't close). Missing side trim has since been installed. Back piece needs clips, but I have the trim.

VW claimed 38mpg highway when new, though 30-32 is more realistic with mixed driving. It will need an ignition switch soon, sometimes a bit tricky to start. Also has a hot start issue, starts up everytime cold, but once its been run it can be hard to start. I will be testing the fuel system sometime soon, hopefully I can diagnose/fix the problem then.

This is the perfect car for someone familiar with older watercooled VWs and who doesn't mind tinkering a bit. I bought it as a daily driver/project about 6 mos ago but got my Fox running again more easily than expected and never really got to far on the Dasher. As the weather gets warmer I will probably take care of the minor issues it has little by little, and the price will also go up.

$800 Fairly flexible on price but don't try and lowball.

--SOLD!--

I am also interested in trades other watercooled VW's (and parts) or a scooter (Honda Ruckus; Metropolitan; elite 110;150, Yamaha Zuma 125, Im open...)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
      Last edited by sippin.fnordies; 08-26-2012 at 11:44 PM. Reason: price drop, some minor repairs done

Vehicles
      Two ünique eüros
      06-24-2012 07:43 PM #2
      wish you werent so far!
      EURO REICH SYNDICATE

Vehicles
      08-21-2012 10:59 PM #3
      bump! still for sale, and now only $800!

alignment done, broken corner lights replaced.

Still needs ignition switch, fuel injection gone through (hot start issue, runs like a champ once you get it started though) shifter bushings replaced (which come with the car) and motor mounts. Speedo doesn't work, but it just needs a cable. $200 in parts and a weekend and this thing is a daily driver.
      Last edited by sippin.fnordies; 08-21-2012 at 11:03 PM.

Vehicles
      08-24-2012 08:05 PM #4

the hood was popped in the pictures where it looks a little open, closes nice and tight, all body lines straight.